BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wrexham (h) - FA Cup - 29/1/24, 7:30pm

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm glad he made the second save because he brought it on himself - palmed the ball back into the danger area. He got very lucky. 

The reckon Reynolds is worth over £300m - although I doubt he's willing to blow his personal fortune on a football team. 

Modern keepers they all seem to do that these days.

Another game where we completely outclassed lower league opposition. The gulf is immense. Still some really worrying signs and we’ll need to step up a good couple of gears on Saturday. If today is a glimpse of life without Wharton, we had better all brace ourselves for another trip to league one. Oh, and please play a normal formation on Saturday JDT.

That weirdo Moran fan has been keeping his head down the last couple of weeks… no surprise as his boy has been off the boil for months. Miles off the standard of most of our player and a light years behind Wharton. Moran and Sigurdsson both very poor again today.

Dolan and JRC were both really good today - we’ve missed them badly. As maligned as he often is, Gallagher is clearly our best forward, and I’m afraid Telalovic isn’t going to cut it despite his best efforts.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm glad he made the second save because he brought it on himself - palmed the ball back into the danger area. He got very lucky. 

The reckon Reynolds is worth over £300m - although I doubt he's willing to blow his personal fortune on a football team. 

I agree - he surely has better things to blow his wad on.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tugay-is-God said:

With all respect, she sounds like a pale imitation of Wendy from Radio Rovers.  

Pale? Try gossamer.....Wendy Howard would never have compared Gallagher to Harry Kane.

15 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Grabbi + Brown = Telalovic

Stop picking on Ciccio.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He still got down well to save it, come on after what we've seen this season from the pair of them that was Friedel !

The second was genuinely brilliant. The best I've ever seen him make, one of the best saves from the last few seasons. But there's no doubt his handling was terrible for the first. It's a bit of a concern to me that he palmed it into a danger area, which is exactly Leo's biggest weakness. Hope that part was a one off and the second save becomes the norm. But on balance I still think we're in dire need of a better keeper.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

And some folks thought he was crap at one stage and he was about to be shipped out on loan. 

Me included. Same with Sammie. Happy to eat my words. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RainInJuly said:

Good luck for the rest of the season and welcoming 7k Geordies, hopefully they have better luck with the turnstiles than we did. 

They probably won't...I dunno what happened but it's less likely to be about luck than competence on our end.

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Moran was the player with most completed passes in percent and most passes.

I thought he was awful all game and wondered why he was still on the pitch when we made the initial 3 subs.

Goes to show that sometimes stats and visuals don't match.

• Like 1

My first home game in a wee while and I was treated to some corporate hospitality which to be fair I thought was decent. 

My two cents;

Pears - not much to do other than almost gift Wrexham a second goal. The follow up save was excellent but the basic error leading to it was genuinely terrible. Take it in or push it wide - not straight back out! Seen him do this a LOT. Still a liability just less of one compared to Wahlstedt.

JRC - boy how we've missed him. Strong and aggressive. He is basically the antithesis of Britain.

Hyam and Wharton - bundled them together. Both solid and decent. Didn't give much away in terms of chances

Sigurdsson - unfamiliar position for him and didn't seem to suit him

Trondstad - my MOTM. Thought he played really well and was nice to see him rifle one in the roof of the net. The guy must be the first name on the team sheet

Garrett - at fault for their goal and had a VERY poor first half. Gave the ball away a lot and didn't have his usual bite. 

Moran - drifted in and out as usual and his final pass kept letting him down. 

Dolan - tried hard but really flattered to deceive. He was getting in a right strop first half as he kept being unable to beat McClean but he should be admired for his persistence. Very unlike Dolan he fired some lovely long ranges passes about tonight

Szmodics - love the energy and the work rate. Took both his goals well and is probably underrated in the finishing stakes. Constantly passes the ball accurately in to the corners and almost looks like a 'proper' number 9 in this regard. Almost Rhodes-like IMHO

Gallagher - effort not lacking and got a goal and assist but was pretty quiet all in all. Seems to still be feeling himself back a later after injury.

Interestingly in the post match stuff during S Wharton's MOTM presentation he dropped a little hint at a signing or two before the window closes in a couple of days...

Edited by BigUts
Clearly don't know my own teams players
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigUts said:

My first home game in a wee while and I was treated to some corporate hospitality which to be fair I thought was decent. 

My two cents;

Pears - not much to do other than almost gift Wrexham a second goal. The follow up save was excellent but the basic error leading to it was genuinely terrible. Take it in or push it wide - not straight back out! Seen him do this a LOT. Still a liability just less of one compared to Wahlstedt.

JRC - boy how we've missed him. Strong and aggressive. He is basically the antithesis of Britain.

Hyam and Carter - bundled them together. Both solid and decent. Didn't give much away in terms of chances

Sigurdsson - unfamiliar position for him and didn't seem to suit him

Trondstad - my MOTM. Thought he played really well and was nice to see him rifle one in the roof of the net. The guy must be the first name on the team sheet

Garrett - at fault for their goal and had a VERY poor first half. Gave the ball away a lot and didn't have his usual bite. 

Moran - drifted in and out as usual and his final pass kept letting him down. 

Dolan - tried hard but really flattered to deceive. He was getting in a right strop first half as he kept being unable to beat McClean but he should be admired for his persistence. Very unlike Dolan he fired some lovely long ranges passes about tonight

Szmodics - love the energy and the work rate. Took both his goals well and is probably underrated in the finishing stakes. Constantly passes the ball accurately in to the corners and almost looks like a 'proper' number 9 in this regard. Almost Rhodes-like IMHO

Gallagher - effort not lacking and got a goal and assist but was pretty quiet all in all. Seems to still be feeling himself back a later after injury.

Interestingly in the post match stuff during S Wharton's MOTM presentation he dropped a little hint at a signing or two before the window closes in a couple of days...

Carter is on crutches. 

Garrett did have a mare first half, but he did play a nice ball through leading up to the first goal (think it was him, not seen it back yet). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RainInJuly said:

Completely outclassed us after our short spell of dominance. That second goes in who knows might have been a different game but I still think you’d have gone on to score 4. 

Nowhere near at the races today but as someone’s said the gulf is massive, very much a championship v league 2 side today, Szmodics is different gravy but I’m sure you’re well aware of that. Lot of work to do if we manage to go up. 

Nice to visit the ground, just a shame it wasn’t a weekend but hopefully we’ll be back in the not too distant future. Good luck for the rest of the season and welcoming 7k Geordies, hopefully they have better luck with the turnstiles than we did. 

Good luck for the rest of your season. Love your story and delighted Wrexham is on the up and up again.

Good for football and good for your community. We remember the joy of a visionary owner with money. Enloy every minute of it. 

Edited by bigbrandjohn
spelling
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, M_B said:

Carter is on crutches. 

Garrett did have a mare first half, but he did play a nice ball through leading up to the first goal (think it was him, not seen it back yet). 

Meant Wharton #obvs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Be fair, it's hard to do arithmetic when you're balls deep in a sheep.

Never had that experience. Perhaps you will tell us what it's like, BB.

• Like 1

Well four goals and a couple of dozen olés always makes for a good night - whoever the opposition. 

Two leagues apart and it showed. A few returnees as well. Take the positives and be happy.

• Like 1

I cannot understand why most think Moran had a poor game. I thought he played as well as most. The poor players that I saw were Sigurdsson and Telalovic. Markanday wasn't on long enough to form an opinion.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bazza said:

Never had that experience. Perhaps you will tell us what it's like, BB.

Strange reply. Not sure why you're trying to poke fun at a fellow fan to defend the Wrexham commentators who were denigrating our home support. You Welsh or something?

1 hour ago, bigbrandjohn said:

i saw him a few times totally unmarked and nobody passed to him. I agree with those who feel he is a better #10

Think he’s better suited in space and the way we play it’s all so tight in the final 3rd. We rarely switch the field quick enough for a wide player to create. Usually it’s tight 1-2s and that doesn’t seem to fit his style 

• Like 1