BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 3/2/24

1 minute ago, Mars Rover said:

Either I'm massively behind, or everyone confused Gallagher with JRC

It was Gally. Spun with the ball and hit it immediately, went about 20 yards wide. You're probably thinking of a different effort.

All over the place. Players dont seem to know where they should be playing. No conviction in anything we do. Poor passes, poor shots, just no effort. Who's our shooting coach?

Moran - horrible
Siggy - did nothing, weak off the ball
Gally - did we really miss him?

We really did miss Adam Wharton's defence cutting passes. This deep-lying playmaker role will be hard to fill.

• Like 1

Utterly embarrassing. QPR are dreadful but all they have to do is lump it forward and Armstrong is in on goal everytime. We are very lucky not to have conceded. 

Moran and Siggy are dreadful players and need to come off. Trondstad and Wharton been very good.

We need to change shape at HT. No idea how JDT is still in a job tbh. Hopefully it's already been decided he leaves after this game regardless of the result.

2 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Booed off. Fair, honestly.

It isn't fair. We've been the worse side but they're hardly battering us 3-0. The boos are because of the frustration at an awful window and a ludicrously mismanaged club - that's not the players' fault at all.

• Like 1

Playing better defensively but we still look like a team short of a centre forward, and now worse off in midfield.

Moran poor, and if only we could have swapped Gallagher for a decent CF and brought in someone with pace.

• Backroom

The forgetfulness of how rubbish Gallagher is always wears off so fast after injury. Then sets back in just as quick afterwards. Lad would be solid for us if we were playing the likes of Wrexham every week. Alas we'll have to wait a couple of years for that. Maybe he'll still be here. 

I've called for JDT to go for a while as it seems blatantly obvious that he this style of football makes us far, far too open at the back. 

However I'm conflicted. The club has screwed him over time and time and time again with false promises of money and real signings, only to find new reasons to not help him out. This latest window gives him nothing to develop beyond the end of the season and it looks increasingly likely he'll go before ever getting the opportunity to do anything.

On the other hand, there have been plenty of managers in the past (eg Warnock, Big Sam etc) who have made instant changes to multiple clubs fortunes regardless of playing squad, or have pivoted to new styles of play to work with what they have, and there is no evidence here that JDT can do that. 

I can't help but feel sorry for him and that there is no positive way forward for Rovers whether he stays or goes. It has the potential to get very toxic. 

A drab first half. We need to do something about the midfield for the second half. The options aren't all that, but Moran has to come off.

I would bring Ayari on. From what I saw against Wrexham he looked a tidy enough passer and might offer something different to this crap that has been served up so far.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

It isn't fair. We've been the worse side but they're hardly battering us 3-0. The boos are because of the frustration at an awful window and a ludicrously mismanaged club - that's not the players' fault at all.

I hope you’re including Tomasson in that. This is his team out there today

4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

What a horrible outlook you have.

Especially as I think it was clear that playing for Rovers was his dream, and the club have pushed him out because he was too good. I bet he dreamed of being able to pull us back up to the PL and playing for us there - I highly doubt at any point in his life he sat there thinking "I will do anything to play for Palace". 

• Like 1

But lads it was a great window

We have crap Liverpool loanee, one player who has broke his leg twice and player 89 mins this season, a 37 year old who was dropped, a loanee who didnt make it at coventry and a german 4th division project

What is jdt complaining about?

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Mike E said:

What a horrible outlook you have.

You're correct.

My lack of empathy for professional athletes getting raises is one of my least desirable character traits.

Just now, alcd said:

Just a matter of time before QPR score. Can't see where even another 10 points are coming from. A poor squad but Jdt doesn't help by keep playing the useless Moran. 

If his contract says we have to play him then it would be Gregg's fault wouldn't it.

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

I hope you’re including Tomasson in that. This is his team out there today

The one he has seemingly had very little say in the assembling of? The one with its star playmaker sold for a fortune and not replaced?

The only thing I'm unhappy with JDT for is the passing at the back shit. I can accept it as a general strategy to draw the opposition in, so I've made my peace with it. But the players absolutely need to be informed to boot it out when they sense danger. We've had a booking, free kick in a dangerous area, and nearly lost one of our two remaining established (at this club) CBs because of it today alone, and its cost us numerous goals this season. There's no risk assessment goes on, we just pass it in tight spaces regardless.

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I think it’s fair based on the football on show, which has been - in the main - poor.

Putting the off-the-pitch events to one side for 90 minutes: has it been an enjoyable watch for you?

• Like 1