Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (h) - 11/02/2024

• Backroom
Just now, yankfan said:

Very well might look back at that save as the reason we stay up 

I’ve genuinely never expected us to go down to be fair

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, metalrover said:

Could this means JDT style of play was the problem all along? I dont know.

Direct style football and being industrious & hard to beat was the key for us punching above our weight in the premier league

No (though there were times he should have gone more pragmatic), we finished 7th with it. We very nearly conceded a second goal in less than 50 mins at home against a Stoke side who have done bugger all. There is still a lot of work to be done.

We do look better today, but Stoke's form is as horrendous as ours and a new manager has brought us new enthusiasm as it does 90% of the time. The off field chaos has been the problem. People are naively thinking a change signals a new dawn. It won't.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

No (though there were times he should have gone more pragmatic), we finished 7th with it. We very nearly conceded a second goal in less than 50 mins at home against a Stoke side who have done bugger all. There is still a lot of work to be done.

We do look better today, but Stoke's form is as horrendous as ours and a new manager has brought us new enthusiasm as it does 90% of the time. The off field chaos has been the problem. People are naively thinking a change signals a new dawn. It won't.

Yep. I think JDT would have got us a win here today too

Just now, NeilInBristol said:

Yep. I think JDT would have got us a win here today too

I do think there's an irony that he has gone just before we play the most out of form side that isn't us, and loads of players JDT needed are coming back to fitness. New boss will get credit for good results now though (not saying he shouldn't if results go well), probably even this one he isn't managing.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

I do think there's an irony that he has gone just before we play the most out of form side that isn't us, and loads of players JDT needed are coming back to fitness. New boss will get credit for good results now though (not saying he shouldn't if results go well), probably even this one he isn't managing.

I'm a big JDT fan, but he clearly threw his toys out of the pram for the QPR match. 3 CBs would have at least got us a point there. 

The new CB has been fantastic today.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 2