BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

1 game and it's already Eustace out. Wow. I've not looked, but I bet there have been a few of our best managers that have lost their first game. Perhaps we should have rotating managers like the hosts of Have I Got News For You, or hold a raffle for fans to have a go at the next game. 

How the hell can someone come into this club and then magically stop it being some sort of insane crap show within a week when the clowns are still in place? And how do you expect a head coach to rid us of those clowns? Buy the club? Launch a tactical nuke to Pune? 

Worth remembering that Howard Kendall - one of our 2 best managers in living memory - had 1 win, 3 draws and 4 defeats from his first 8 games as our manager in the third tier of league football.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

My goodness, we could have conceded 5 or 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have given my thoughts on the game, whether you agree and disagree I really don't care Mercer tbh. 

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Wishful thinking!

IMO, Broughton's recruitment stinks bar the odd exception.

Speaking of Broughton, where the feck is our DOF hiding.

IMO, Broughton is that bad Rovers may as well make you DOF Chaddy.

Yet again Another Broughton rant from you(bored of your rants now). His recruitment has been better than you say. 

Who says he is hiding? 

One thing that disappoints me, although I'm sure I'll get flack for it, is what a shame it is to have a manager whose native language is English, and yet he is less eloquent than our previous manager.

A post-match statement full of clichés, 57 'you knows', and endless 'the boys'. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

One thing that disappoints me, although I'm sure I'll get flack for it, is what a shame it is to have a manager whose native language is English, and yet he is less eloquent than our previous manager.

Jury is out for me.

Only had one previous football league managerial appointment (Birmingham) where he was in charge for some 60 games - steady/solid rather than spectacular.

For a 44 year old football manager his experience is limited.

Hope he proves to be a good appointment but the niggle in mind is that this seems to be a Waggott appointment and my faith in that guy is zero.

• Like 2

On 09/02/2024 at 20:49, islander200 said:

No quotes from Gregg on the official website welcoming him suggests to me it was somebody else.

I'm sure we had plenty of Greg quote's when JDT was announced 

Exclusive

Greg speaks to the media during the international break 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

He was Steves choice so what does that say about SWAG

4 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Exclusive

Greg speaks to the media during the international break 

That’s big of him, seeing it’s more than a month away!

Our motley crew of hired goons have obviously closed ranks re - the MacGuire fiasco.

Just carry on as normal 🙄

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

when are playing 4-4-2? 

I'd love this, sammie playing off Sam 

Hedges and Dolan on the wings 

JRC/Fleck and Tronstad centre mid 

Back 4 of Pickering/Chrisene Hyam McFadz and Brittain

It's a versatile formation we can easily change things up as and when needed 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tricky said:

I'd love this, sammie playing off Sam 

Hedges and Dolan on the wings 

JRC/Fleck and Tronstad centre mid 

Back 4 of Pickering/Chrisene Hyam McFadz and Brittain

It's a versatile formation we can easily change things up as and when needed 

Hedges was out for 5 months so 3 games in a week seems crazy.

Chisene can fkk off after last night 

Scott at the back

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Scott at the back

im`e not sure what crisene offers us,he obviously can`t defend in any way,bit of a major problem for a left back,another case of bringing in a loan of questionable quality

• Like 1

A few tidbits from Elliot on that podcast. I think he's already written some of this, but more may be coming in future articles:

- Who knows what story/side to believe, but he says he had an 'off-the-record' chat with GB. Elliot rubbishes the story of the initial McGuire deal being cancelled midflight, although reiterates Venky's did suddenly pull the funding for the deal. Says the initial deal was for ~£2.5m*. When Venky's pulled the plug, McGuire flew over anyway to negotiate with Sheff Wed. They couldn't come to an agreement, so his agent came back to GB about a loan-to-buy, with the buy cost increasing to ~£3.5m*.

*I'm probably misremembering the exact figures. Main point is his sources (probably Rovers-linked) are insisting quotes of up to $7.5m are way off.

- GB is staying, at least for the short-term, and was actively chatting with Eustace before/during/after the Stoke game. He'll be speaking to the media about the transfer window during/after the international break in March as he wants to give Eustace some breathing space first. Not sure if SW will speak.

- Elliot didn't seem 100% sure, but he's under the impression Eustuce is a SW pick. Interestingly, he also suggests GB wasn't the one who picked out JDT (so maybe SW made the first contact with JDT?), but GB had a role in bringing him in/finalising it.

• Like 3

Looks like the new narrative is (apart from nothing to see here, all is well), just survive this year and then we can have a ‘new dawn,’ a reset or even a new project under JE because he will have to have at least 3 windows.  And that is indeed logical and fair to give him that chance but there won’t be any new dawn because budgets will be cut further, an already weak team will be weakened, season ticket prices will rise and the Raos will be looking over their shoulders to the courts and the tax person.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RoverCanada said:

A few tidbits from Elliot on that podcast. I think he's already written some of this, but more may be coming in future articles:

- Who knows what story/side to believe, but he says he had an 'off-the-record' chat with GB. Elliot rubbishes the story of the initial McGuire deal being cancelled midflight, although reiterates Venky's did suddenly pull the funding for the deal. Says the initial deal was for ~£2.5m*. When Venky's pulled the plug, McGuire flew over anyway to negotiate with Sheff Wed. They couldn't come to an agreement, so his agent came back to GB about a loan-to-buy, with the buy cost increasing to ~£3.5m*.

*I'm probably misremembering the exact figures. Main point is his sources (probably Rovers-linked) are insisting quotes of up to $7.5m are way off.

- GB is staying, at least for the short-term, and was actively chatting with Eustace before/during/after the Stoke game. He'll be speaking to the media about the transfer window during/after the international break in March as he wants to give Eustace some breathing space first. Not sure if SW will speak.

- Elliot didn't seem 100% sure, but he's under the impression Eustuce is a SW pick. Interestingly, he also suggests GB wasn't the one who picked out JDT (so maybe SW made the first contact with JDT?), but GB had a role in bringing him in/finalising it.

Is this a 1984 correction of historical reports in order for GB to keep his job in exchange for Swag retaking the throne?

It gets worse for every day…

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RoverCanada said:

So Elliot had an off the record chat with GB and then Elliot spoke about what was said in the podcast?Even if what some of us suspect and the money was never there to do any kind of deal he isn't going to say that to Elliot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

So Elliot had an off the record chat with GB and then Elliot spoke about what was said in the podcast?Even if what some of us suspect and the money was never there to do any kind of deal he isn't going to say that to Elliot

Best to listen to the podcast mate he explains it all there

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo

3 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Scott at the back

Chrisene involved in two goals conceded with an ineffectual challenge inside the area . First against Enniss then again against Brum in the lead up to their goal not to mention the horrendous miscontrol he got away with earlier. It comes to something when Pickering's return can't come soon enough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alcd said:

Chrisene involved in two goals conceded with an ineffectual challenge inside the area . First against Enniss then again against Brum in the lead up to their goal not to mention the horrendous miscontrol he got away with earlier. It comes to something when Pickering's return can't come soon enough.

Why are we always the generous club who let these kids learn their trade? 

Morton, chrisene. FFS.

Also we lost Hill in the Jan window. The more I think about January the worse it gets

Adam

Travis

Hill

JDT 

And we get chrisene and fleck who isn't able to play even 10mins but isn't injured. Ffs

5 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Why are we always the generous club who let these kids learn their trade? 

Morton, chrisene. FFS.

Also we lost Hill in the Jan window. The more I think about January the worse it gets

Adam

Travis

Hill

JDT 

And we get chrisene and fleck who isn't able to play even 10mins but isn't injured. Ffs

Don’t forget the young centre back we borrowed from somewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Sorry, my wording conflated a couple things.

Elliot's 'exclusive' report is that GB is staying (at least in the short term), and it's implied he knows that because he had a quick off-the-record chat with GB, presumably when he also found out GB will be doing an post-transfer window interview in a month's time.

Elliot also went through his understanding of the McGuire saga (as I think he's already written before), including that the deal was not pulled mid-flight and that the numbers reported by The Athletic are too high. So, I guessed that he got these slightly more Rovers-friendly details from GB, but that's purely me guessing, and you're right that it doesn't chime with it being an 'off the record' chat.

• Like 2