BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Proof in the pudding will be in how we play rather than soundbites in interviews.

He has a reputation for pragmatic, direct football and we certainly played long ball on Tuesday, it ws horrendous to watch. Its all about results but I think he needs to find a balance as he gets used to the players because aimless punts wont work. 

Agreed.

Found it strange the difference in play between Damo Johnson ball and the Eustace ball. Or was it that Stoke were that shit? Lol

Not sure on the no excuse culture when he appeared to make excuses after Saturday's defeat 

Edited by RoversClitheroe

32 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Agreed.

Found it strange the difference in play between Damo Johnson ball and the Eustace ball. Or was it that Stoke were that shit? Lol

Not sure on the no excuse culture when he appeared to make excuses after Saturday's defeat 

I think you overstate the influence of Damien Johnson. He had one day coupled with Lowe who doesnt get a mention coaching the side, and afterwards a long meeting with Eustace who clearly had a big influence.

In both games the tactics were quite similar. Goal kicks long, the same team and new formation, set pieces more direct etc. Maybe it was a mixture of Stoke being so bad, we were at home, a bit of a bounce and things falling for us. Not often even for an effective direct side will someone get put through via one good flick on from a goal kick.

I wonder if Eustace is just prioritising not losing in away games. Both he and Hyam implied it post match, Hyam mentioned getting a result (and 4 or 6 points he said this week) at Preston rather than a win. 

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Proof in the pudding will be in how we play rather than soundbites in interviews.

He has a reputation for pragmatic, direct football and we certainly played long ball on Tuesday, it ws horrendous to watch. Its all about results but I think he needs to find a balance as he gets used to the players because aimless punts wont work. 

Agreed. It also seems pretty foolish if there is a thought process around a complete switch in style of play from us under JDT. We were way too open under him and we've lost a key player for that system in Adam Wharton. 

However, even the biggest JDT critics can't deny that there were aspects of what he'd implemented that we were doing very well, but there was just no balance. Like with anything, the answer often isn't ripping up the script but making tweaks. Tighten up and empower players to make the decision to be pragmatic when needed rather than playing out from the back at all costs. 

From his interviews this is similar to what Eustice has been saying, but we've yet to see it. Hopefully this will show when he has more time on the training pitch. I actually think Johnson and Lowe have a big role to play here, as do the senior players. Relaying what we were doing previously so Eustice can tweak the style. 

Fingers crossed him having more time on the training pitch will see this happen. As we're desperate both in terms of points and in terms of the atmosphere around the club. I think we're a week or two away from the club turning truly toxic, which could be no bad thing, so long as we survive.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

This tells us a lot of information. 

If you watch this after watching the  video with the academy a lot will make sense.

He isn't here to coach a style per session he is here to man manage players hence talking up Buckley and Travis who clearly cost a lot of wages and didn't suit jdt style. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets them back on the good books and the club sells them.

As post above says, 

Really hoping Eustice does well but the fact he's Waggotts man unfairly taints him. I really liked JDT

I know all about this video as I was the first to post in the Academy thread. 

Not interested in who appointed Eustace as I said before JDT that Eustace and Alex Neil were probably the best 2 candidates out there to replace JDT. I am happy with John Eustace appointment

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Eustsce: ‘Sam Gallagher is a gentleman’… yeah that’s kind of an issue for a 6 foot 4 Championship centre forward.

Some of the shit that is being published and put out is frankly frightening given our situation. Is Eustace a football coach or a fluffer?

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Eustsce: ‘Sam Gallagher is a gentleman’… yeah that’s kind of an issue for a 6 foot 4 Championship centre forward.

trying to boost his confidence ahead of a big game where we need in him on form and scoring

maybe look at his full comments instead of just picking up a couple of words of it guys. 

"You can see how important he is for us. He’s a gentleman, a leader and his demeanour is top drawer.

“He’s a massive player for us and we’re very lucky to have him. He’s a dangerous player wherever he plays in the frontline.

“He can look after the ball and just having someone of his stature on the pitch is something that can really help the group.

“This is our fourth or fifth day now and he’s been training and playing with a real buzz at the moment and with a smile on his face.

“We hope he can score a couple more goals but as long as his performances are there and he’s helping the team, that’s all I ask for.

“It’s great that he’s back, he’s fit and he’s firing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

trying to boost his confidence ahead of a big game where we need in him on form and scoring

Feck me, was Gallagher auditioning for a son in law role!?

An absurd comment.

Think Cloughie would have said he wanted his c/f to be a hard, aggressive b@stard who terrifies the opposition and scores feckin goals! 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

“We hope he can score a couple more goals but as long as his performances are there and he’s helping the team, that’s all I ask for.

JFHC it's not all I ask for from a centre forward - his job is to score goals!

And if even the coach thinks two more goals from him in the final 15 games is the most we can expect (and even that may be too much of an ask) then we really are fucked. But then we knew that at the start of the season going into it with him as main striker. The chickens are coming home to roost.

BTW I remember Souness referring to Martin Taylor (who I really rated) as "son in law material".

Only Souness wasn't being complimentary.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

maybe look at his full comments instead of just picking up a couple of words of it guys. 

"You can see how important he is for us. He’s a gentleman, a leader and his demeanour is top drawer.

“He’s a massive player for us and we’re very lucky to have him. He’s a dangerous player wherever he plays in the frontline.

“He can look after the ball and just having someone of his stature on the pitch is something that can really help the group.

“This is our fourth or fifth day now and he’s been training and playing with a real buzz at the moment and with a smile on his face.

Shame his first touch means he can't keep hold of the ball.

• Like 2

It's important that everyone gives Eustace a fair crack of the whip and is not biased against him because he was allegedly Waggott's pick.

However by the same token I think it's important he is careful what he says and doesn't come out with too much nonsense like the comments about Gallagher. If he comes out with too much PR fluff and completely fails to tell it how it is,  the fans will quickly see through it and might turn.

• Like 5

Not enamoured by some of the flowery guff Eustace is coming out with.

Never recall the likes of Fergie, Big Sam etc delivering such utterances.

Jury's out for me - let's see what the 'precious little ones' get up to tomorrow.

He's going over the top with the PR spin because he is the latest shield they've provided for themselves and he'll have been fed a script.

He won't be allowed to go rogue and to be fair the off field stuff is nothing to do with him so he shouldn't be expected to comment on it.

Give it 12 months though and we'll see if he can keep it all in, as for Waggot, suhail, Sylvester. GB and co well lads the streets of Blackburn NEVER forget !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Jury's out for me - let's see what the 'precious little ones' get up to tomorrow.

Think you only have to remember what Fergie has said about the Glaziers to realise that yet again you are talking drivel.

6 hours ago, Roverthechimp said:

Some of the shit that is being published and put out is frankly frightening given our situation. Is Eustace a football coach or a fluffer?

Haha he is not a coach but a player manager. The coaches do the training he holds the meetings with the players and tickles their balls to keep them happy. Jdt didn't have friends with Brittain Buckley or trav, JE job is to make the most of these players 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Yep agreed 

• Like 1