BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

53 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Hate to say this but Im cynical about the reasons any Manager would want to work under these gobbins running our Club with their awful track record.

Will they back him with hard cash for a Promotion push if Eustace is getting the results or will they leave him high and dry and left selling our best Players to keep the lights on?

Drum roll...

I mentioned this earlier.

For Eustace it's a free hit.

He does well it's against the odds.

He does shit then what can you expect, this place is an absolute shit show.

Good career move for him really.

Obviously I hope he does well and am fully behind him.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i bet benson has been crawling and **** licking to try and make an impression on eustace,he`ll be parading up and down the touchline today like he`s in charge,if he`s relieved of his duties next week my opinion of eustace will go stratospheric😁

He gets a lot of stick Benson but honestly ask the players and staff about him. Apparently works every hour under the sun, first one to arrive and last to leave at Brockhall every day. He also does maintenance work because they won't pay anyone else to do it! Also pays for training equipment out of his own pocket which is quite frankly ridiculous, but hats off to him for doing it.

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

He gets a lot of stick Benson but honestly ask the players and staff about him. Apparently works every hour under the sun, first one to arrive and last to leave at Brockhall every day. He also does maintenance work because they won't pay anyone else to do it! Also pays for training equipment out of his own pocket which is quite frankly ridiculous, but hats off to him for doing it.

I've been harsh on Benson but if all that is true then respect is his due ....and pity .... and open mouthed wonder as to WTF he does maintenance work for free and pays for stuff that the billionaires or his conman boss should cover.

That is plain stupid.

• Like 3

Worth recalling that Broughton has said very clearly that his job has always been to have a succession plan for all positions he is responsible for.

The speed of the Eustace appointment reflects that.

And other than possible Swag sabotage, as far as I am aware there was no plan on either side for JDT to leave so soon until the McGuire cock-up. Not all was rosy in the garden and there was a serious problem but not with JDT directly beyond the long running antipathy JDT/Swag which was manageable.

Eustace could be a very good addition but Swag remains a massive problem.

And then there is the Rao family who apparently are not all singing from the same hymn sheet and at least one of whom intervened very directly 9 days ago if certain leaks are to be believed. If true, Swag is unlikely to be CEO beyond the end of the season. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, philipl said:

Worth recalling that Broughton has said very clearly that his job has always been to have a succession plan for all positions he is responsible for.

The speed of the Eustace appointment reflects that.

And other than possible Swag sabotage, as far as I am aware there was no plan on either side for JDT to leave so soon until the McGuire cock-up. Not all was rosy in the garden and there was a serious problem but not with JDT directly beyond the long running antipathy JDT/Swag which was manageable.

Eustace could be a very good addition but Swag remains a massive problem.

And then there is the Rao family who apparently are not all singing from the same hymn sheet and at least one of whom intervened very directly 9 days ago if certain leaks are to be believed. If true, Swag is unlikely to be CEO beyond the end of the season. 

intervened how?

6 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Hate to say this but Im cynical about the reasons any Manager would want to work under these gobbins running our Club with their awful track record.

Will they back him with hard cash for a Promotion push if Eustace is getting the results or will they leave him high and dry and left selling our best Players to keep the lights on?

Drum roll...

Yeh, also what is the "project" now

What has JE been told?

Possibly

"keep us in the league until we have sorted our tax issues out and keep the fans off our back don't wind them up in the media about a project changing or comparing our tax situation to a hand grenade going off"

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

What has JE been told?

Possibly

"keep us in the league until we have sorted our tax issues out and keep the fans off our back don't wind them up in the media about a project changing or comparing our tax situation to a hand grenade going off"

The project has never ever changed since the day they arrived. 

Plod along in the lower leagues. 

Shit loads of transfers in and out.

Keep lossess to the required amount.

Keep the spotlight away from the owners at all costs.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Haha so true

Jdt almost succeeded apart from the bottom one hey.

• Herbie6590 changed the title to John Eustace - our head coach
  • Herbie6590 unpinned this topic
49 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Why buy a Premier League club if the objective is to plod along in the lower leagues ?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Why buy a Premier League club if the objective is to plod along in the lower leagues ?

Well the very first thing they did was take measures to ensure we wouldn't be a Premier League club for long.

Also, king spiv was heavily involved in the sale of the club and from what I can gather found venkys.

Also our academy is lightyears ahead of any club that was below us at the time. It's still way ahead of any other in the division, which is a massive plus if you're looking to have shit loads of players in and out.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, tomphil said:

Funnily enough i was debating with someone about all the going on and we did comment it's almost as if this has been on the cards for a while. The Sweden thing has been in the background a good while in regards to JDT although he didn't appear to be a front runner but quite possibly the contract/compen thing was the reason way before things came to a head here.

Waggots words about him being ambitious and we might not keep up with him in the famous bus interview now make sense i think there were expecting an approach and knew he'd be off first chance if it came.  It was odd he'd say stuff like that but in reality it was a warning what to expect.

JDTs demeanour and comments looked very much that of a man being held where he didn't want to be for a good while. The speed in which Rovers reacted to this is record breaking for Venkys it's almost normal so yes it's been in the pipeline it was just a matter of when not if.

Good post. A point to add to this is this is the first time we change 'head coach', and our DoF has a succession plan so might have something to do with how quick we found a replacement. But they must've held talks before JDT was off.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So what is these owners’ objective then, Masher?

I think Balaji saw himself as a "player" and owning a Premier League club was part of that - he sold the project to the rest of the family as a way of raising the Venkys profile on an international stage. Having made a complete mess of things they are prepared to lose a certain amount of money every year rather than admit they've got things wrong.

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I think Balaji saw himself as a "player" and owning a Premier League club was part of that - he sold the project to the rest of the family as a way of raising the Venkys profile on an international stage. Having made a complete mess of things they are prepared to lose a certain amount of money every year rather than admit they've got things wrong.

So its all about them?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Upside Down said:

On the money.

JDT was recruited from a shelf above and with a far more ambitous plan. Eustace knows what he has to work with, anything on top of that is a bonus. A lot of fans have screamed out for some tactical adjustment from JDT, but it never happened this season, while our caretakers and Eustace managed to do so from the first match. 

Win versus Birmingham and we can enjoy the rest of the season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Good post. A point to add to this is this is the first time we change 'head coach', and our DoF has a succession plan so might have something to do with how quick we found a replacement. But they must've held talks before JDT was off.

Yes everything just fell into place way to smoothly for it not to have been already prepared in advance and fair play to them for that for once.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

It's India where they will be worried about face - not here.

I still think it's more vanity than face saving they'd drop it like a hot stone if it was nearly bankrupting them.

The '20 mill' a season line though is just the opposite 'oh look we can easily afford to prop up this famous old English football club but it's problems are it's own not ours. We just very generously keep it going because we are so wealthy' !

In fact young Barry said as much to me on twitter years ago when i managed to have some dialogue, before he blocked me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

Under construction!

I got sick of hearing about it to be honest. Aiming to be a sustainable Premier League club is all good and well, but with a sport as volatile as football, things can change month on month, and you cannot put a timescale on it, no matter how well you are run. Just make sensible decisions that the supporters can get behind.

Something tells me the word "project" will now be Taboo for those working at Ewood and Brockhall.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Upside Down said:

If we can come out of the Brum game unscathed, he'll have a real chance to endear himself to the faithful, we do need a Derby win. 

• Like 1