BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

1 hour ago, Sutton blue said:

I'm a Birmingham fan but please be gentle! Any new appointment is a gamble especially with the shit owners you have. Eustace was in a similar situation at our club and this seemed to work in his favour. He created a type of siege mentality us against the world amongst the players and the fans. The players would run through brick walls for him and we fans appreciated their hard work and attitude. And his reputation as a defensive minder manager is a bit unfair, because we played some decent football at times. What he is good at is getting a team well organised and first and foremost making them hard to score against. Get the defending right and build on that to start playing good football. We were gutted when he was sacked. In his previous season he had stabilised a team which had been a shambles and kept us up with games to spare, and this season, following some low budget summer signings we were in 6th place after 10 games. I really hope he does well with you (after Tuesday obviously) and I think you could have done far worse. I wish he was still our manager to be honest, especially as we have much better owners now.

Was he your manager or head coach?

What I mean by that is, was he signing the players?

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

• Backroom
12 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I've nothing against GB but I'm not giving him credit for such a bland appointment (unless it works) just because it was quick.

Why not? The last appointment under Waggott didn’t happen for weeks UNTIL GB appointed JDT.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Why not? The last appointment under Waggott didn’t happen for weeks UNTIL GB appointed JDT.

Because it needs to be a quality appointment far more than it needs to be a quick appointment. I'm sure we could have hired the manager from the Dog & Duck in about 2 minutes. If it's not the right man it's shit appointment work, if it is, it's great appointment work. I'm sceptical for now that it's the latter.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

A minor point maybe but should GB be revealing how much transfer income we’ve received?

Especially since we have spent diddly squat of it. Course, everyone basically knows the figures anyway.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Because it needs to be a quality appointment far more than it needs to be a quick appointment. I'm sure we could have hired the manager from the Dog & Duck in about 2 minutes. If it's not the right man it's shit appointment work, if it is, it's great appointment work. I'm sceptical for now that it's the latter.

In our position and with Venky's issues I think we needed someone with more experience. Warnock would have been ideal but Alex Neill probably would have been my choice 

• Like 2

• Backroom
29 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

But that’s how you do succession planning. Ensuring you get a candidate of appropriate quality in quickly.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Mike E said:

But that’s how you do succession planning. Ensuring you get a candidate of appropriate quality in quickly.

That's what I'm saying. I'm far from convinced it's a convinced it's a candidate of appropriate quality.

At least having a new manager watching seems to have put some juice in the players today. Except for Chrisene, dunno wtf that was. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

A minor point maybe but should GB be revealing how much transfer income we’ve received?

Its well documented what Wharton, Kaminski and Phillips went for over £25M,

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Especially since we have spent diddly squat of it. Course, everyone basically knows the figures anyway.

Or maybe he is trying to force the Venkys hand in the summer? (albeit probably a futile effort)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, booth said:

Was he your manager or head coach?

What I mean by that is, was he signing the players?

Head Coach, but he did have a big say in who we signed, helped by the fact  we have an excellent director of football (ex player Craig Gardner) .

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Genuinely think Damien Johnson could be a great manager.

I’m guilty of calling the likes of benson and Lowe “bombproof” but I would be happy for Damo to stay.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I’m guilty of calling the likes of benson and Lowe “bombproof” but I would be happy for Damo to stay.

Different imo.

Lowe and Benson need to go. Don't think Benson or Lowe have much success in anything pro football?

Damo can absolutely stay, he's done it at academy level extremely well, he can definitely step up.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Different imo.

Lowe and Benson need to go. Don't think Benson or Lowe have much success in anything pro football?

Damo can absolutely stay, he's done it at academy level extremely well, he can definitely step up.

Lowe played over 500 games and scored over 100 goals, including a season in the top flight.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, phili said:

In our position and with Venky's issues I think we needed someone with more experience. Warnock would have been ideal but Alex Neill probably would have been my choice 

Warnock would've been a good stopgap appointment, but very hard to imagine Broughton being interested, (would probably feel threatened by his experience and personality).

For me, Neil is damaged goods and his career has already peaked a good few years ago at Norwich.

Eustace kept Brum afloat under similar circumstances to what he has come into here, and his star still has the potential to rise.

wonder what will happen if eustace clashes with broughton😀,we all know he`ll take a dislike to swag (everybody does),i don`t think our new manager is as easy going as jdt and wants things done his way,broughton has`nt brought anything to rovers table apart from crap players and a lot of spiel,i hope eustace realises he`s working with someone not up to the job