BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

8 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Thought it was a ballsy starting eleven with a lot of changes. I liked that he got involved from the get-go, and came down to the bench (?) when we started to become a little nervous.

It was fine but it's also very performative. It's all a big show.

Him not taking charge but then running down to the touchline when we are under attack by stoke. All for show.

Their agenda is to get the fans on board with the owners so just be cynical about these small details. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, NeilInBristol said:

Him not taking charge but then running down to the touchline when we are under attack by stoke. All for show.

Their agenda is to get the fans on board with the owners so just be cynical about these small details. 

Could be. Who do you think picked the starting eleven?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I do find it a bit strange how people are so sure of a gigantic difference in the credentials of Johnson compared to Lowe and Benson. It is strange how the latter 2 seemingly stay regardless but still, it does baffle how people are so certain.

johnson and lowe were profesional players,so know the game inside out,nothing against those two,benson has never played the game,not even at the lowest level,somehow he managed to become a coach???????,like employing a bricklayer to build you a garage when he`s  never even layed a brick,what gives him the credentials to tell pears and the rest of our goalkeepers about goalkeeping

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I do find it a bit strange how people are so sure of a gigantic difference in the credentials of Johnson compared to Lowe and Benson. It is strange how the latter 2 seemingly stay regardless but still, it does baffle how people are so certain.

Totally agree. It's outdated thinking... 

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

johnson and lowe were profesional players,so know the game inside out,nothing against those two,benson has never played the game,not even at the lowest level,somehow he managed to become a coach???????,like employing a bricklayer to build you a garage when he`s  never even layed a brick,what gives him the credentials to tell pears and the rest of our goalkeepers about goalkeeping

Even if you take Benson out of it, there is such a disparity between how people view Lowe and Johnson.

Coaching players and the playing career of a coach doesn't have THAT much of a correlation.

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kieran_McKenna

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Hodgson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Mourinho

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not remember what he did when he was managing in academy? If I remember correctly.

Edited by RoversClitheroe

Arrigo Sacchi was a traveling shoe salesman wasn’t he?

I don’t know if anyone heard  this at Ewood but apparently JDT went AWOL last Saturday and Eustace (or his team) oversaw training this week, and Eustace was in the wings at least 3 weeks ago.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jumpin' said:

I don’t know if anyone heard eard  this at Ewood but apparently JDT went AWOL last Saturday and Eustace (or his team) oversaw training this week, and Eustace was in the wings at least 3 weeks ago.

Of course this happened...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Of course this happened...

Why would I make that up? I was told at the game, I indicated I was sceptical but he was insistent 

All I said, had anyone heard similar not stating fact.

Edited by jumpin'
Fat fingers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jumpin' said:

Why would I make that up? I was told at the game, I indicated I was sceptical but he was insistent 

All I said, had anyone heard similar not stating fact.

Funnily enough i was debating with someone about all the going on and we did comment it's almost as if this has been on the cards for a while. The Sweden thing has been in the background a good while in regards to JDT although he didn't appear to be a front runner but quite possibly the contract/compen thing was the reason way before things came to a head here.

Waggots words about him being ambitious and we might not keep up with him in the famous bus interview now make sense i think there were expecting an approach and knew he'd be off first chance if it came.  It was odd he'd say stuff like that but in reality it was a warning what to expect.

JDTs demeanour and comments looked very much that of a man being held where he didn't want to be for a good while. The speed in which Rovers reacted to this is record breaking for Venkys it's almost normal so yes it's been in the pipeline it was just a matter of when not if.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Why do people seem to hate Lowe? Personally I don't get it. He's reportedly well-liked amongst the players and I think it shows when they interact.

People read too much into the Lowe thing he's just a bibs and cones and drill man who warns the players up and goes through the basics.  I doubt hes anywhere near tactics these days or has much input other than a run of the mill coach and every club needs one of those.

Yes a boss should be able to bring his own staff in but we don't know what Lowes workload is behind the scenes and as a localish guy he's probably happy to work for a modest whack so they'll never pot him.

• Like 1

Lowe's continued employment at the club is somewhat iffy. I seem to remember a previous management team removed him but he was brought back in under mysterious circumstances.

Rumour is it was Shithouse Suhail who brought him back in as he quite likes him and gives him an 'insight' into the dressing room. Add to that the scruffy bastard has been stinking the place up for years during our 'managed decline' and you can see why fans are sceptical.

Does he get a gig at this level if we let him go? Not a chance.

If Suhail likes him then it's because he's cheap and does as he's told and like i said we don't know what he does around the place but they let Venus be 1 st team coach & director of football.

Lowey probably changes lightbulbs and unblocks drains in the afternoons.

3 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

I agree and it worked for me.

Smile and clap the fans pre game, appear animated on the touchline, take of his coat in chilly weather, embrace or at least shakes hand with all staff and players post game, smile and clap the fans again. He played his cards well to get the max out of a win.

It warms me to Eustace as a person but doesn't change my views on the board and owners in any way.

I got enormous pleasure from the banners and chants, as much as getting a win and the points.

Hopefully just a dress rehearsal for the Toon game where it will be viewed by millions worldwide. Get an anti Rao/Venky banner into the lower JW DE and the fuse is lit.

A time to use the name Rao as well as Venkys and Waggott.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Funnily enough i was debating with someone about all the going on and we did comment it's almost as if this has been on the cards for a while. The Sweden thing has been in the background a good while in regards to JDT although he didn't appear to be a front runner but quite possibly the contract/compen thing was the reason way before things came to a head here.

Waggots words about him being ambitious and we might not keep up with him in the famous bus interview now make sense i think there were expecting an approach and knew he'd be off first chance if it came.  It was odd he'd say stuff like that but in reality it was a warning what to expect.

JDTs demeanour and comments looked very much that of a man being held where he didn't want to be for a good while. The speed in which Rovers reacted to this is record breaking for Venkys it's almost normal so yes it's been in the pipeline it was just a matter of when not if.

Someone pointed out this afternoon that our season tailed off in Nov/Dec when the Sweden job became available. Hindsight or coincidence, I don’t know but supporters are joining dots up, rightly or wrongly. Hedges appearance from nowhere got people nattering too.

Hate to say this but Im cynical about the reasons any Manager would want to work under these gobbins running our Club with their awful track record.

Will they back him with hard cash for a Promotion push if Eustace is getting the results or will they leave him high and dry and left selling our best Players to keep the lights on?

Drum roll...

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2