BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

Yeah, I think there's a difference between losing the dressing room (which I think is pretty rare and usually ends with the manager leaving really soon afterwards) and the players losing confidence in the manager's style of play. It doesn't mean he's lost the dressing room in the sense they don't want to play for him, just that they start losing faith in the methods which has a direct impact on confidence and performance during matches. 

And is there is some unease at the way they are asked to play this can have an effect. It's only my opinion but Travis fell into that category as he never looked at ease with the style of playing and often the position he was asked to play.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

An interesting theory about the power struggle and one I'd never thought of but it might have some legs. If so it puts me in mind of the Shagnew and Singh time which saw us ridiculed as they battled each other, much to the detriment of Rovers. Alongside Waggott I'm assuming will be Suhail whilst Tomasson and Broughton were in the other corner. Didn't Tomasson name check Waggott and Suhail in his very last public interview last Saturday? 

Of course I'm joining the dots here but this makes more sense than any theory I've heard for some time.

Heaven help us 😞

Absolutely - Waggott & Suhail vs GB and JDT.

When you look at the course of the last few weeks. Everything has gone Waggott way.

McFadz, Fleck and Eustace are Swags guys. Ergo the writing is on the wall for Gregg and Swag has fortified his position!

The one shred of hope I have is that everything I’ve read about the recent Coventry jolly boys reunion is that their character is not in doubt. 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And is there is some unease at the way they are asked to play this can have an effect. It's only my opinion but Travis fell into that category as he never looked at ease with the style of playing and often the position he was asked to play.

Like any player, he’s good at some things and not good at others. So you put him in the position in the set up where he can do most good. Taking it off the back four - not really. Rampaging around in centre field - that’s more his style. If you want a team of tikka tikka passing players - he won’t fit in.

2 hours ago, M_B said:

Exactly as I see it, some of the football and goals under Tomasson was brilliant. He really got a tune out of the players he inherited. 

But that's been the problem, as soon as Broughton and his extensive new recruitment team had to actually recruit*, the wheels have fallen off. 

* with two buttons and a bottle top. 

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Just don't think we can afford to be doing that in such a crucial game?

I don’t think we’ve any choice. He’ll have only really met the players this morning. The timing of the appointment hasn’t been in our favour.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

18 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

When you look at the course of the last few weeks. Everything has gone Waggott way.

McFadz, Fleck and Eustace are Swags guys. Ergo the writing is on the wall for Gregg and Swag has fortified his position!

The one shred of hope I have is that everything I’ve read about the recent Coventry jolly boys reunion is that their character is not in doubt. 

Good point

The only hope then is for this new lot to totally screw up and then wagg has no one to blame but himself but that would mean we are relegated so I don't want them to screw up. So we have to keep waggot. It's a lose lose situation now

26 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Why do you say that?

Of the 3 only Fleck was at Coventry at the same time that Waggott was.

Eustace left Coventry 10 years before Waggott arrived there and McFadzean arrived 4 years after Waggott left

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t think we’ve any choice. He’ll have only really met the players this morning. The timing of the appointment hasn’t been in our favour.

Been in Swag’s favour though, takes the heat off him this afternoon, he’d have been in the firing line if it had dragged on until Monday morning.

Canny fecker.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Why do you say that?

Of the 3 only Fleck was at Coventry at the same time that Waggott was.

Eustace left Coventry 10 years before Waggott arrived there and McFadzean arrived 4 years after Waggott left

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

* with two buttons and a bottle top. 

There are enough of them, you'd think they would know between them how to tell the time and which button to press. 

• Like 1

I think there are a lot of parallels between Rovers under JDT and Rovers under Roy Hodgson.

Played some wonderful stuff at times, looked like we could really challenge then fell off badly, mixed continental recruitment, players didn’t buy in to the system after a while, captains causing chaos…

Maybe a continental style doesn’t fit us as a club. Souness and Hughes thrived. Hoping Eustace is more in the mould of the latter.

• Like 4

"Lost the dressing room" is a legitimate football phrase and anyone who's played the game knows what it means. 

Having played for many years to a decent level, there were a few times when I played for managers the team didn't rate so in that respect the manager had "lost the dressing room".  We still put in 100% but we knew we could be better because we were being badly led by a manager we did not respect.

There were tales of this happening under Tomasson and he is said to have asked the Rovers players after once dire performance if they "wanted to play for him" - another example of a manager in whom the players have lost faith.