BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

At least he understands the challenge that the Championship presents and has demonstrated some degree of competence in dealing with it. Hopefully supporters will give him a fair crack of the whip - this season is now just about not being relegated and then we go again next season.

Such tosh needs deconstruction.

At least he understands the challenge that the Championship presents and has demonstrated some degree of competence in dealing with it.
He was doing fine last season and the first half of this until the shit show that is SWAG and Rao’s messed up.

Hopefully supporters will give him a fair crack of the whip

Yes we will, it’s the dross above that needs calling out.

..and then we go again next season.
Really? And on what grounds given the last 13 years do you base that?

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, aletheia said:

Such tosh needs deconstruction.

At least he understands the challenge that the Championship presents and has demonstrated some degree of competence in dealing with it.
He was doing fine last season and the first half of this until the shit show that is SWAG and Rao’s messed up.

Hopefully supporters will give him a fair crack of the whip

Yes we will, it’s the dross above that needs calling out.

..and then we go again next season.
Really? And on what grounds given the last 13 years do you base that?

I don't understand your post. My comments were about Eustace not JDT.

23 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I dare say he’s one of the more palatable options when our criteria is unemployed, won't want to bring in his own staff and happy to work for cranks at a circus of a club. I wish him all the luck in the world Christ knows he’ll need it. 

The above is why I'm not that excited by the appointment. He fits their criteria, as matt83 succinctly summarises. But it is really not an adequate criteria to appoint any manager whatsoever. 

His record isn't amazing. He's not that experienced. He's arguably done ok at a couple of places, but couldn't have been classed as doing well anywhere. To be honest he reminds me of the Berg appointment, underwhelming, but relief that it's someone who has actually managed and not been a car crash. 

I also can't see his defensive style pleasing the higher ups. Not that I think the higher ups have any valid opinions, but given how fractious things are between head coach and the higher echelons I doubt one extra clash is going to help matters. 

Still we might get new manager's bounce to keep us up, but that's about it. Hoping I'll be proved wrong - would love it. But I fear that it's going to continue the downward spiral. 

• Like 2

A

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I hope the ball runs kindly for him and the players and I will be supporting him. Hopefully he comes up with a way of playing that wins matches and adds a bit of backbone to the players.

But for me Waggott and his cohorts are done.

Agreed. In the long term this looks tantamount to rearranging a couple of deckchairs on the Titanic given that Venky's still have their financial issues and Waggott and Broughton appear to have emerged from the latest debacle unscathed.

In the short term however a different voice and possibly a more pragmatic approach at times, hopefully he can provoke a reaction out of the players and get us the points we  need to avoid the drop this season.

A very warm welcome to the Club and the best of luck John.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

A warm welcome and best of luck to John Eustace.  If he can keep us up this season and the club hopefully have a reset in the summer the future might be a bit brighter.

If you mean by reset, cash in on a few more players and replace them with a few free transfers and kids on loan.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spankus Munky said:

Yet Lowe & Benson remain in position after yet another change in Manager/Coach... Let him bring his own staff I might be able to get behind him, the fact he only gets an assistant like all his previous incumbents its just more of the same shit different day.

Watching Lowe in matchday warmups is cringeworthy to me. He looks like an over promoted school PE teacher. 

Any decent manager (Head coach!) will spot this and assign the appropriate tasks to him that suit his skill level (or lack of). 

However, the Head Coach should be allowed to bring in the best person to implement his vision. Unfortunately, if Eustace is any good, he will quickly realise he is going to have to do it himself. 

• Like 3

Happy and also surprised they've managed to sort a new manager so quickly, although maybe it's been going on for a while and they persuaded JDT to babysit till it was sealed? Or he found out they'd lined his replacement up and lost his shit.... 

Either way I'm happy with the appointment, we need a new manager bounce and we need to remember how to defend first and foremost. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

The above is why I'm not that excited by the appointment. He fits their criteria, as matt83 succinctly summarises. But it is really not an adequate criteria to appoint any manager whatsoever. 

His record isn't amazing. He's not that experienced. He's arguably done ok at a couple of places, but couldn't have been classed as doing well anywhere. To be honest he reminds me of the Berg appointment, underwhelming, but relief that it's someone who has actually managed and not been a car crash. 

I also can't see his defensive style pleasing the higher ups. Not that I think the higher ups have any valid opinions, but given how fractious things are between head coach and the higher echelons I doubt one extra clash is going to help matters. 

Still we might get new manager's bounce to keep us up, but that's about it. Hoping I'll be proved wrong - would love it. But I fear that it's going to continue the downward spiral. 

Tend to agree here.

He probably is worthy of the opportunity, but it’s an opportunity to him because of the situation we find ourselves in. Very arguable that he was treated unfairly at Birmingham, another crack at the Championship seems “fair,” if you like.

We could do - and previously have done - a lot worse, but it’s not an appointment that sparks the imagination. His interview is pragmatic and we probably need that in the short term.

Ours seems a squad of good characters that lack a bit of fight. The new, “experienced” additions might improve that and hopefully this manager is able to instil some.

Full support from me and obvious intrigue around what he brings to the club, who he evaluates as his first choice players and how it plays out, but I’m nervous about it.

• Like 1

If he's sitting alongside Swaggot tomorrow I hope he doesn't come dashing down to the bench to take over half way through the game. The last man to do that was Brian Kidd and we all know how that ended.

• Like 4

Sam allardyce is the master of avoiding relegation and getting the most out of his squads when needed. He’s got decades of experience and a contact list as long as Venky’s court documents. He has also worked with the Venky’s before and knows the club. How in the situation we are in has he not been giving the job even til summer. He sorts out the main problem we have, being difficult to beat

guaranteed survival

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Venky’s still in charge, in India, with the same restrictions and court cases

suhail, waggot, broughton , Sylvester stil in the boardroom

lowe and benson still taking training

Captain still at Ipswich 

best player still at palace

telalovic and Leonard leading the line for our relegation battle

but yeah am sure John eustace and a pal of his are going to bring in a new era.

This time next year I will be amazed if we arnt in the same position if not worse , that’s if he’s still here

Impossible imo to disagree, but you have to allow yourself that little bit of optimism that the change will bring about an improvement in the short term.

There's nothing else left to cling on to.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Sam allardyce is the master of avoiding relegation and getting the most out of his squads when needed. He’s got decades of experience and a contact list as long as Venky’s court documents. He has also worked with the Venky’s before and knows the club. How in the situation we are in has he not been giving the job even til summer.

guaranteed survival

££££ which we haven't got.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

££££ which we haven't got.

I was supposed to add we probably couldn’t afford him but the money we lose if we do go down am sure paying him on a 16 week contract is worth it . We’ve just brought in 22 million 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bazza said:

If he's sitting alongside Swaggot tomorrow I hope he doesn't come dashing down to the bench to take over half way through the game. The last man to do that was Brian Kidd and we all know how that ended.

There were plenty rubber dingy's knocking about in that team v QPR that's for sure.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Any clues as to if it has been GB or someone else that has recruited Eustace?

No quotes from Gregg on the official website welcoming him suggests to me it was somebody else.

I'm sure we had plenty of Greg quote's when JDT was announced 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

No quotes from Gregg on the official website welcoming him suggests to me it was somebody else.

I'm sure we had plenty of Greg quote's when JDT was announced 

Sort of how I remember it and makes me a little concerned that GB is either on his way or been told to fall in line with Waggott regaining total control 

17 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I was supposed to add we probably couldn’t afford him but the money we lose if we do go down am sure paying him on a 16 week contract is worth it . We’ve just brought in 22 million 

Allegedly coming in initially in 3 lots of £6m and I bet they don't bother going back to Court in March and use the AW money in lieu.

That only keeps the lights on until sometime in June by my reckoning. Not to excuse the situation or defend them in any way.

• Like 3