BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

Well, I think this is as good as the week could've ended, given the shit show we've all had to endure.

Thanks JDT, he leaves with my absolute best wishes & thanks for his efforts.

Good luck John, you're going to need it.

I'll be there tomorrow supporting the team, the manager & the club.

I will be vocal in joining in the Venkys / Waggott out chants, though my voice will probably not match my strength of feeling. 

Edited by Atko's Engine
  • Like 7

The key reason he has been appointed is the club will not need to order new name plates, they've saved a few quid by using a Sharpie to add a 'h' to Jon's old gear. 

Best of luck to him, hope he can get us comfortably safe and then let's see what backing he gets in the summer.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

@J*B was Eustace incoming the thing discussed on Wednesdays panel that no one could talk about?

Was not mentioned in that meeting at all, would of been terrible to say new manager is Eustace, just waiting for JDT To clear desk.

I am aware this was very much a done deal a week ago, due to the "In out in out in out" Behaviours of JDT, But this was certainly not stuck on the group that went Wednesday to burden, I think that been massively unfair to all in attendance.

I think we could all tell in the meeting that there could be movement, but it was never said he is 100% out the door, 

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 7

• Backroom

Eustace is probably one of the best options when our criteria is out of work and won't want to bring in their own staff.

Good luck to him - as others have said, he's going to need it. 

Just now, glen9mullan said:

But this was certainly not stuck on the group that went Wednesday to burden, I think that been massively unfair to all in attendance

Honestly Glen, the meeting as a whole was unfair to all in attendence except one man. 

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Eustace is probably one of the best options when our criteria is out of work and won't want to bring in their own staff.

Good luck to him - as others have said, he's going to need it. 

Honestly Glen, the meeting as a whole was unfair to all in attendence except one man. 

Don't disagree at all

Think it’s also worth mentioning that Sky, Talksport, The Mirror, Elliott Jackson, Andy Bayes, or Dave on Twitter can all announce that one manager is leaving and another is coming in as soon as they get wind of what is happening.

The club can’t announce a manager has left until the contract is actually terminated, which is often accompanied by negotiations, payments, agreeing to and signing of many other documents, etc.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

Think it’s also worth mentioning that Sky, Talksport, The Mirror, Elliott Jackson, Andy Bayes, or Dave on Twitter can all announce that one manager is leaving and another is coming in as soon as they get wind of what is happening.

The club can’t announce a manager has left until the contract is actually terminated, which is often accompanied by negotiations, payments, agreeing to and signing of many other documents, etc.

100%

I follow all these apart from Dave, what's his twitter handle ?

The announcement of a new manager normally brings fresh hope and excitement. I felt that when JDT arrived.

I have nothing against Eustace at all - a reasonable appointment and I am hoping he is a massive success- but it really hasn't lifted the gloom for me.

I have to be honest and admit that the recent increase in unrest and the potential for protest against Waggott and the owners was giving me some hope that a new dawn could be close.

Now It just feels like another phase of the dark ages. . Venky-fatigue has set in once again. Nothing will change until they leave.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

The announcement of a new manager normally brings fresh hope and excitement. I felt that when JDT arrived.

I have nothing against Eustace at all - a reasonable appointment and I am hoping he is a massive success- but it really hasn't lifted the gloom for me.

I have to be honest and admit that the recent increase in unrest and the potential for protest against Waggott and the owners was giving me some hope that a new dawn could be close.

Now It just feels like another phase of the dark ages. . Venky-fatigue has set in once again. Nothing will change until they leave.

I feel the same way.

I dare say he’s one of the more palatable options when our criteria is unemployed, won't want to bring in his own staff and happy to work for cranks at a circus of a club. I wish him all the luck in the world Christ knows he’ll need it. The longer he can avoid being christened useless Eustace the better. 

• Like 2

A warm welcome and best of luck to John Eustace.  If he can keep us up this season and the club hopefully have a reset in the summer the future might be a bit brighter.

It’s a delicious irony that his first full game in charge will be on Tuesday against his old club, Birmingham City, managed by one Tony Mowbray.

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 4

Just now, jim mk2 said:

It’s a delicious irony that his first full game in charge will be on Tuesday against his old club, Birmingham City, managed by one Tony Mowbray.

Hopefully we're not throwing that delicious irony back up, after the match.

• Like 1

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Along the same lines as JDT, seems he been allowed to bring one, his assistant Matt Gardiner.

Yeah, assistant seems to be the one position that can be added to. Mowbray brought Venus, JDT brought Remy Reijnierse and now Eustace has brought Gardiner with him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

Amidst all the cloud of what is going on, Eustace would seem like a good appointment that has merit behind it.

I remember when Lambert was appointed. I was over the moon because it looked like a real turning point - that Venkys had finally got their shit together and were going to put a manager at the helm with good pedigree (at the time) and put some funding behind it. It was a real statement appointment. Irvine also arrived with Premier League management experience. There was a third former Premier League manager in there somewhere but the name escapes me.

It took two months to unravel. Lambert had clearly been sold a promising vision and, specifically, funds, which never came about. He was fairly forthright in his public interviews in a similar vain to Tomasson's numerous public dissatisfaction with those above him at the club. All of the detail may be different, but it's just the same result of a "project" that never came to fruition due to the owners in one way or another.

So we're going over old ground, except this time it took a year and a half to do it instead of two months. That part is depressing. It also tells you that a manager with serious ambition simply cannot work out at this club as things stand. Ultimately, both Lambert and Tomasson saw us either no better off or worse off, points-wise, than we were before. Partially due to them, but I would have to say partially due to their response to the bigger picture. I really think the pair of them gave up once it was clear the "vision" had gone, and we suffered on the pitch.

Most of us will trudge on as Rovers supporters. It's ingrained in a way. I keep thinking of packing in, but through all of the chaos these owners have put us through, I still can't go without Rovers. Sort of mad, isn't it? But I'm sort of stuck.

• Like 6

I think he certainly exceeds my low expectations of who would come next and in fact I would suggest his more pragmatic and defensive side at Birmingham perhaps suggests that he is more suited for the fight we are in. Ignoring other stuff for a second, Tomasson had become very stubborn with his style and it was leaving us realy exposed with a woeful league worst defensive and set piece record.  Eustace has a limited track record but showed promise at Birmingham.

I do wonder if he knows what he has let himself into. The toxic atmosphere I suspect will remain for the immediate future perhaps ready to erupt unless we go on a sudden run of wins. The issues are above him with all roads going to India.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Most of us will trudge on as Rovers supporters. It's ingrained in a way. I keep thinking of packing in, but through all of the chaos these owners have put us through, I still can't go without Rovers. Sort of mad, isn't it? But I'm sort of stuck.

It’s a lifelong illness mate, the bug that never ever goes away, the disease with life changing repercussions, the untreatable condition with no hope of a cure, the itch that can never be scratched.

Resistance is futile

• Like 5

I hope the ball runs kindly for him and the players and I will be supporting him. Hopefully he comes up with a way of playing that wins matches and adds a bit of backbone to the players.

But for me Waggott and his cohorts are done.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, goozburger said:

i think this is it for me,use my season ticket up and then thats it,i might go and watch the u23`s in leyland next year,i did boycott when coyle was in charge and came back when mowbray was appointed,it looked  like a change of regime,bringing in a manager who was`nt an idiot and i had added hope with jdt,in the end venkys just revert to type and if they stay we`ll be on the same roundabout

i guess i might be tempted if they drop the season ticket price a lot but there is more chance of chubby brown appearing on blue peter than that happening,i`ll be back when the indians have gone