BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

“This football club has some fantastic young players, the recruitment has been very good, the coaching has been excellent and it’s my job to try and evolve that and put my own stamp on it, which is something I’m looking forward to doing.”

So recruitment and coaching have been very good - has he only seen the academy and u-21s so far… 🤔

• Like 9

What matters (disregarding the shambles of out ownership and English football as a whole) is of course what he’ll be able to make the team do on the pitch, but he sounded about as charismatic and engaging as a plank of wood in that Instagram interview.

• Like 1

We certainly need a new manager bounce or we will be relegated......Will we get one ? , i am not so sure , to me the players that remain are not up to the task of a full on relegation scrap...

Time will tell , selling your best player for whatever reason rarely works well..

Good luck John Eustace , you are going to need it !

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

We certainly need a new manager bounce or we will be relegated......Will we get one ? , i am not so sure , to me the players that remain are not up to the task of a full on relegation scrap...

Time will tell , selling your best player for whatever reason rarely works well..

Good luck John Eustace , you are going to need it !

What we need is a fast center back, a goal scoring forward, a few tricky wingers and a left back. What we got is a new coach. 

• Like 7

Eustace has a career win percentage in the football league of around 33 per cent. The same as jdt this season. If he can maintain that one win in three should see us survive with five wins.

38 minutes ago, Commondore said:

What matters (disregarding the shambles of out ownership and English football as a whole) is of course what he’ll be able to make the team do on the pitch, but he sounded about as charismatic and engaging as a plank of wood in that Instagram interview.

Yeah, it wasn’t the greatest interview I’ve ever heard. Not in the Mowbray ( talk a glass eye to sleep ) class but a bit low key. Let’s hope he’s better out on the training pitch and in the dug out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DE. said:

Eustace is probably one of the best options when our criteria is out of work and won't want to bring in their own staff.

Good luck to him - as others have said, he's going to need it. 

Honestly Glen, the meeting as a whole was unfair to all in attendence except one man. 

Tez has the best comments doesn't he

Screenshot_2024-02-09-23-26-26-43_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

• Like 4

Really hope he becomes our version of Sean Dyche. That's the thread of hope I'm clinging on to. Makes us hard to beat and well drilled. 

Reality is he's probably the next Micheal Appleton. 

Good look John. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 3

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Roverthechimp said:

Any clues as to if it has been GB or someone else that has recruited Eustace?

I personally suspect that such a quick appointment may be exactly because of the succession planning regularly discussed by GB.

IF (a big one) my suspicion is correct, GB deserves some credit.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, it wasn’t the greatest interview I’ve ever heard. Not in the Mowbray ( talk a glass eye to sleep ) class but a bit low key. Let’s hope he’s better out on the training pitch and in the dug out.

At least he called us Rovers.

• Like 1

The king is dead long live the king. 

JDT was angling for a clean exit with his brand intact. He has achieved that. 

Eustace managed to get the big club up the table before their visionary owners potted him for Rooney. 

All i want is a solid manager to get us playing gritty  championship football, stop us titting around at the back, and get us a few points on the board. 

Starting today. 

• Like 3

Just now, bigbrandjohn said:

JDT was angling for a clean exit with his brand intact. He has achieved that. 

Really?

For one, he left us in 18th position. We can can talk about other factors, but he was a big part of that.

More importantly, I wonder how many of those at executive or board level will look at JDT's interviews and think positively of him. I have a feeling he might be someone that many clubs would steer clear of.

It feels like this appointment would be a better fit for us than JDT was.

With JDT the club was trying to run before it could walk. I really couldn't get on board with the whole passing out from the back/trying to have all the possession stuff. A few worrying comments in Eustace's first interview about carrying that on but he does say to "put his stamp on it" 

Ultimately, if we stick with what JDT was doing, we will get relegated. 

Eustace needs to make us better organised, better defensively, better at set pieces and not to be concerned about how much possession we had.

We need points on the board asap and we've gotta hope that's his only remit right now.

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Ultimately, if we stick with what JDT was doing, we will get relegated.

For me, it's more about a Head Coach that didn't want to be here. It was obvious from his interviews from the last year or more that he wasn't happy and seemingly wanted to be elsewhere. That has to be the biggest effect on players more than tactics and philosophy.

If your manager isn't committed, why should you be?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, goozburger said:

For me, it's more about a Head Coach that didn't want to be here. It was obvious from his interviews from the last year or more that he wasn't happy and seemingly wanted to be elsewhere. That has to be the biggest effect on players more than tactics and philosophy.

If your manager isn't committed, why should you be?

Certainly wouldn't help, agreed.

I just don't think that style of play suits the players we have at Rovers. And now Wharton has gone it's even more apparent.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I personally suspect that such a quick appointment may be exactly because of the succession planning regularly discussed by GB.

I suppose we might never know. But Broughton discussed that when Tomasson was to leave, the next head coach would be brought in to implement the same style, I suppose he does have history of bring through academy players but the style is very different or at least was at Birmingham. Doesnt scream direct replacement.

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

I've nothing against GB but I'm not giving him credit for such a bland appointment (unless it works) just because it was quick.