BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

I think JDT lost the dressing room, you could clearly see the tippy tappy football around our own box was very uncomfortable for our players, I think over time it sucked the confidence out of them, especially the defenders. Over time it must have frustrated them.

Constantly saying we need players probably didn't help them either.

I also think making everyone play most weeks whether they made the first team or not, to keep them sharp, may have backfired and added somewhat to our injuries.

Maybe the relief of a new manager will breathe confidence and some hope in the guys.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I really dislike the 'lost the dressing room' description. By implication the players weren't playing for the manager ergo weren't playing for the club in other words stealing a living. It's a description that's often banded about in football and if there is any truth in it then it says more about the players than any manager.

I think people sometimes give footballers too much credit. It’s a job and a load of them aren’t arsed enough for it to lead to managers ‘losing’ dressing rooms.

What brought it home to me was I heard a pundit ex-pro being asked about a player angling for a big move in public, losing focus etc and if that would make him unpopular in the dressing room, seen as not committed and he flatly said ‘no, it’s a short career, his teammates will think “fair play” ‘

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I think people sometimes give footballers too much credit. It’s a job and a load of them aren’t arsed enough for it to lead to managers ‘losing’ dressing rooms.

What brought it home to me was I heard a pundit ex-pro being asked about a player angling for a big move in public, losing focus etc and if that would make him unpopular in the dressing room, seen as not committed and he flatly said ‘no, it’s a short career, his teammates will think “fair play” ‘

There is absolutely a code of 'Omerta' in professional football in which there is rarely criticism in public of fellow professionals and sometimes managers. Most internal squabbles or training ground spats are kept in-house. I do believe though that any outspoken alpha-males in the changing room can wield far too much influence but then I guess that is much the same in most working environments.

33 minutes ago, bb1rover said:

I think JDT lost the dressing room, you could clearly see the tippy tappy football around our own box was very uncomfortable for our players, I think over time it sucked the confidence out of them, especially the defenders. Over time it must have frustrated them.

Constantly saying we need players probably didn't help them either.

I also think making everyone play most weeks whether they made the first team or not, to keep them sharp, may have backfired and added somewhat to our injuries.

Maybe the relief of a new manager will breathe confidence and some hope in the guys.

It’s more the players who were getting picked to start every week start thinking “ new guy, I better pull my socks up just in case “ and the players who weren’t starting every week start thinking “ new guy, If I impress him I might get a starting place or a place on the bench “.

• Like 1

Meaningless distraction.

Be lucky if he even makes it to Xmas.

The same shit will befall him as those who came before. Led by Suhail, fronted by Steve, orchestrated by the owners.

Our fate is relegation, starvation (of funds), degradation and finally administration.

That is the best outcome.

The worst ?... to continue in this Venky induced coma, whilst the faithful have rebooted ready to rewrite history for the umpteenth time. 

• Like 6

Eustace doesn’t stand a chance of being successful.

1. Because the root of all the problems still exist.

2. The vast majority of fans are fuming/disappointed/apathetic after the manner in which JDT left. JDT left on the side of the fans, Eustace has serious work to do to get that support.

3. He has accepted the job working for and under the charlatans running the club. This smacks of a Waggott appointment. A journeyman with little to no gravitas or heritage. Compare his and JDTs pedigree. It is no surprise he took the job, anyone in his situation would be lucky to manage Rovers.

My issue isn’t with him, I wish him the best in very difficult circumstances. My main feeling is now apathy. A mediocre, cheap and boring appointment. Until the board and the owners go we are in purgatory.

Miserable.

Edited by Trinidad Rover
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Eustace doesn’t stand a chance of being successful.

1. Because the root of all the problems still exist.

2. The vast majority of fans are fuming/disappointed/apathetic after the manner in which JDT left. JDT left on the side of the fans, Eustace has serious work to do to get that support.

3. He has accepted the job working for and under the charlatans running the club. This smacks of a Waggott appointment. A journeyman with little to no gravitas or heritage. Compare his and JDTs pedigree. It is no surprise he took the job, anyone in his situs to on would be lucky to manage Rovers.

My issue isn’t with him, I wish him the best in very difficult circumstances. My main feeling is now apathy. A mediocre, cheap and boring appointment. Until the board and the owners go we are in purgatory.

Miserable.

1 and 3, agree.

2, he wins a few games and it will be ‘JDT who?’ Thats football fans.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I really dislike the 'lost the dressing room' description. By implication the players weren't playing for the manager ergo weren't playing for the club in other words stealing a living. It's a description that's often banded about in football and if there is any truth in it then it says more about the players than any manager.

I'm seeing it on here and being supported by his offer to leave last summer but omitting that following that he stayed and moved his family over.

It's just one example of history bring rewritten to suit agenda.

More will come.

Same will happen with GB. He's not spoken publically since the window closed, sent a personal message to JDT and looks like he had nothing to do with getting Eustace recruited.

He has, along with Swag, Suhail and IS, messed up another window and I think his days are numbered and he's alone in the corner until they find his replacement.

Meanwhile Stalin Swag continues his purge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I'm seeing it on here and being supported by his offer to leave last summer but omitting that following that he stayed and moved his family over.

It's just one example of history bring rewritten to suit agenda.

More will come.

Same will happen with GB. He's not spoken publically since the window closed, sent a personal message to JDT and looks like he had nothing to do with getting Eustace recruited.

He has, along with Swag, Suhail and IS, messed up another window and I think his days are numbered and he's alone in the corner until they find his replacement.

Meanwhile Stalin Swag continues his purge.

I don’t see a world where GB is still involved by Birmingham at home. Too many signs that he’s no longer involved. 

Not pictured with Eustace

No words on Eustace on the Rovers website

No after transfer window review

Gushing JDT post on LinkedIn

Limited Eustace post on LinkedIn with no picture

• Like 6

• Backroom
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Yeah, I think there's a difference between losing the dressing room (which I think is pretty rare and usually ends with the manager leaving really soon afterwards) and the players losing confidence in the manager's style of play. It doesn't mean he's lost the dressing room in the sense they don't want to play for him, just that they start losing faith in the methods which has a direct impact on confidence and performance during matches. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sutton blue said:

I'm a Birmingham fan but please be gentle! Any new appointment is a gamble especially with the shit owners you have. Eustace was in a similar situation at our club and this seemed to work in his favour. He created a type of siege mentality us against the world amongst the players and the fans. The players would run through brick walls for him and we fans appreciated their hard work and attitude. And his reputation as a defensive minder manager is a bit unfair, because we played some decent football at times. What he is good at is getting a team well organised and first and foremost making them hard to score against. Get the defending right and build on that to start playing good football. We were gutted when he was sacked. In his previous season he had stabilised a team which had been a shambles and kept us up with games to spare, and this season, following some low budget summer signings we were in 6th place after 10 games. I really hope he does well with you (after Tuesday obviously) and I think you could have done far worse. I wish he was still our manager to be honest, especially as we have much better owners now.

Welcome to the Forum. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully he will deliver on your comments. We certainly need tightening our defence.  

• Like 2