BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Squad difference for the opener next season vs the final game of last season (Millwall away) where we finished outside the playoffs on GD (essentially 1 full season time period):

OUT: Wharton, Kaminski, Phillips, Ennis, Diaz, Dack, Ayala, Edun and likely Szmodics

IN: Wahlstedt, O'Riordan, Sigurdsson, Tronstad, Telalovic (McFadzean and Fleck would need new contracts for next season).

That is some horrendous business whichever way you spin it. We have spent under £2m and we have recouped almost £30m (when we add in the Raya money too), and likely £40m+ when we sell Szmodics this summer.

Likely £40m+ income from transfer sales from Summer 2023 to Summer 2024. It's now or never for investment into this club, both in the form of players and affordability for match day fans. It's also now or never for our fans with their head in the sand re: Venkys to wake up, once we reinvest about a fiver of this total.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Will we be hearing anything from Gregg the Egg, or will it be radio silence until the window shuts?

Hopefully just one word from him - goodbye.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, martonrover said:

Broughton is responsible for transfers. JDT was quoted as saying he was consulted to give a final "yay" or "nay", but he did not source the players.

Eustace will be the same as he is also the Head Coach, not the Manager.

Technically Broughton is responsible for the transfers - until they cost something, then it's up to Waggott and his team to undercut the Director of Football at every turn.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Hopefully just one word from him - goodbye.

So what's your plan b?

No self respecting Director of Football is going to come into this shit show. They've literally tanked Broughton's reputation with three transfer windows - two in January where they failed to submit the correct paperwork in time and one in the summer where they allowed him to make plans and then pulled the rug from under him (Ayala, Dack, BBD wages not reinvested).

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Something I've heard.

The Fleck signing was a Broughton signing, and was done after a failed medical.

Not overly surprised. It stank of desperation and was proven to be just that after about 20 mins at Deepdale.

Having said that, I feel like Broughton's been operating with both hands tied behind his back since midway through the last summer window, so desperation signings have been the territory that he's been having to operate in.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, superniko said:

Squad difference for the opener next season vs the final game of last season (Millwall away) where we finished outside the playoffs on GD (essentially 1 full season time period):

OUT: Wharton, Kaminski, Phillips, Ennis, Diaz, Dack, Ayala, Edun and likely Szmodics

IN: Wahlstedt, O'Riordan, Sigurdsson, Tronstad, Telalovic (McFadzean and Fleck would need new contracts for next season).

That is some horrendous business whichever way you spin it. We have spent under £2m and we have recouped almost £30m (when we add in the Raya money too), and likely £40m+ when we sell Szmodics this summer.

Likely £40m+ income from transfer sales from Summer 2023 to Summer 2024. It's now or never for investment into this club, both in the form of players and affordability for match day fans. It's also now or never for our fans with their head in the sand re: Venkys to wake up, once we reinvest about a fiver of this total.

I've said from the start I think we need 8 I'd take 2 loans max 

2 frees 

Then 4 signings for fees even if they aren't large 

But we need a goalscorer and a creater along side who ever we bring in and that's what we need to spend any money we have on 

And if we can get that keeper from Rotherham as well I'd be happy 

34 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So what's your plan b?

No self respecting Director of Football is going to come into this shit show. They've literally tanked Broughton's reputation with three transfer windows - two in January where they failed to submit the correct paperwork in time and one in the summer where they allowed him to make plans and then pulled the rug from under him (Ayala, Dack, BBD wages not reinvested).

It's an unnecessary additional layer at this club for the very reasons you describe. But I suspect they won't pay him off. Did he get a three year deal? If so he's another twelve months to go.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Something I've heard.

The Fleck signing was a Broughton signing, and was done after a failed medical.

Might be true but Waggott has told me face to face that Fleck was his recruitment, they had known each other for a long time and once it looked like Adam was going Waggott personally rung “Flecky” and Sheff Utd to do a deal - which was essentially “you’ve 6 months left on your contract and aren’t playing for Sheff Utd, we will take over your deal”.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Lad called Kevin Denkey has been ripping it up for Cercle Brugge in the Belgian pro league, he’d be well worth a look. 

A quick Google search suggests spurs are looking at him this summer for around 20 million euros..... need to lower our expectations unfortunately 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Might be true but Waggott has told me face to face that Fleck was his recruitment, they had known each other for a long time and once it looked like Adam was going Waggott personally rung “Flecky” and Sheff Utd to do a deal - which was essentially “you’ve 6 months left on your contract and aren’t playing for Sheff Utd, we will take over your deal”.

Did Waggott think it appropriate / reasonable that he was doing such deals without the input of the Director of Football?

Why is he taking any involvement in transfers?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

If true, we paid prem wages to Fleck for 6 months for 20 mins work. 🤯

The Rao’s get defended by the ignorant and a certain sectors of our fan base, yet this sort of financial decision is allowed under their watch. You might as well flush the money they fund us with down the bog. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, toogs said:

If true, we paid prem wages to Fleck for 6 months for 20 mins work. 🤯

The Rao’s get defended by the ignorant and a certain sectors of our fan base, yet this sort of financial decision is allowed under their watch. You might as well flush the money they fund us with down the bog. 

I think he did the decent thing and retired - so I don't think we paid him the entire 6 months. 

Posted (edited)

Eustace, McFadz and Fleck were Waggot signings, 100%.

They came just after Swag and Co had emancipated Gregg over the American and planned JDT’s removal.

I could see it a mile off at the time, and there’s been no evidence to the contrary since.

Gregg had chosen JDT and the signings up to the end of January. Swag and Co decided enough was enough, primed the new team and took back control. I’ll be very surprised if Gregg is here in July. 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

For us to even start thinking of play offs next season we need:
GK
LB
RB
CB
2 x wingers, one must be able to have PACE!
a lump of CF. 
potentially a 10 if szmods goes. 

And one of those signings above need to be able to take good set pieces. 

anything less and we will be in championship or league 1 come end of next season. 

2 hours ago, Torgeir said:

League positions with him as an instrumental part of our side:

2013/14: 8th, 18 apps (signed in January '14)

2014/15: 9th, 38 apps

2015/16: 15th 35 apps

2016/17: 22nd (relegated), 42 apps

2017/18: 2nd (promoted), 24 apps

2018/19: 15th: 21 apps

Regression 

You know correlation isn't causation, right?

20 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

They came just after Swag and Co had emancipated Gregg over the American and planned JDT’s removal.

I could see it a mile off at the time, and there’s been no evidence to the contrary since.

Gregg had chosen JDT and the signings up to the end of January. Swag and Co decided enough was enough, primed the new team and took back control. I’ll be very surprised if Gregg is here in July. 

He won't be here in July.

I would imagine any new signings will be the joint works of the manager (raiding his old club for some) and Waggott between them. The prospects don't look good and even with the funds in from the sales already made and those still to come, plus the Raya money, we will spend very little in my opinion.

If we are not in a relegation dog fight again next years, I will be very surprised.

16 minutes ago, ruggles1995 said:

For us to even start thinking of play offs next season we need:
GK
LB
RB
CB
2 x wingers, one must be able to have PACE!
a lump of CF. 
potentially a 10 if szmods goes. 

And one of those signings above need to be able to take good set pieces. 

anything less and we will be in championship or league 1 come end of next season. 

I would be very surprised if the GK birth is anyone other than the rotund figure of john Ruddy.

1 minute ago, lraC said:

He won't be here in July.

I would imagine any new signings will be the joint works of the manager (raiding his old club for some) and Waggott between them. The prospects don't look good and even with the funds in from the sales already made and those still to come, plus the Raya money, we will spend very little in my opinion.

If we are not in a relegation dog fight again next years, I will be very surprised.

Good, get any of those fuckers with ambition like JDT and Broughton out of the club.

More Waggott, please. He's done an incredible job commercially as the CEO and as Chief Football Scout. We're lucky to have him. Hope he gets a big slice of the pie when the training ground is eventually sold for housing development.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Good, get any of those fuckers with ambition like JDT and Broughton out of the club.

More Waggott, please. He's done an incredible job commercially as the CEO and as Chief Football Scout. We're lucky to have him. Hope he gets a big slice of the pie when the training ground is eventually sold for housing development.

Agreed, we are winning the race to the bottom, hands down.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So what's your plan b?

He has failed whichever way you spin it. His signings have contributed very little positivity to the squad, in fact the opposite. Rudy Gestede is the man who the players and club have put more trust in than Broughton recently so I see him as surplus to requirements

Broughton accepted full responsibility for the O'Brien and Brierley disaster and said processes would be reviewed so it wouldn't happen again. It did and on his watch.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

So who appointed Gregg and who is accountable for the D of F 'failure' if Broughton does indeed depart after less than 2 years in the job?
I'm coming back to my original suspicion which is that Waggott and the other snake in the shadows knew full well the choppy waters ahead when Mowbray left and Venkys had terminated their funding.

The Broughton/D of F stunt was done to window dress and for him to take the blame when it inevitably went tits up, which was always going to happen under these owners and their slashed budgets.

All the while those two keep their well paid cushy numbers for another few years.

• Like 4

I asked this in the fans forum thread and am non the wiser, but what is Rudy Gestede's role?

He isn't named in any official capacity yet is clearly involved to some degree behind the scenes.

I wonder if there's any logic or plan to it or just that he's keen to be involved and working for cheap /low cost so Rovers are all over it.