BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Ipswich Town (h) - Good Friday, 29/3/24, 17:30

7 hours ago, davulsukur said:

3rd time wasn't it?

McGuire, O'brien & Brierley?

(Or was it different for the Brierley kid?)

All 3 got lucky and dodged a bullet.

Brierley got a 3 year contract at PL club Brentford.

O'Brien on loan at Boro is still on a PL contract with Forest until 2026.

Maguire is on contract at Orlando until the end of this year. Rovers alleged they were going to try again, yeah, right.

Edit: Undav, who we were allegedly after in Jan 2023, but who alledgedly changed his mind is still on contract at Brighton until 2026, currently loaned to VfB Stuttgart and scoring goals and making assists for fun. He's just been called up into the German national squad for their 2 friendlies v France and Netherlands.

He didn't dodge a bullet, he dodged a

images (1).jpeg

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

Fully agree.

This is Venkys in action.

All the work and preparation is done and sorted by those on the ground at Ewood / Brockhall.

Final sign off / approval needed from India - either doesn't come or comes too late and they don't have authority to press 'go'.

Deal collapses, everyone looks rather stupid, fans in uproar, media asking questions, laughing stock of the game.

What to do?

Tell the truth - that Venkys are to blame and can't be contacted? No chance, that's a sackable offence at Rovers, and a sure fire way to ensure you are unemployable in football

So instead make up some cock and bull nonsense about admin errors and the rest. All a clear ploy to confuse and lay the blame anywhere but India.

You'd imagine authorisation to go ahead is given at a relatively early stage. Even we surely wouldnt be stupid enough to take all our deals down to the wire without even knowing whether the owners will give them the go ahead.

A case in point is the Mcguire permanent deal which was seemingly initially authorised but then pulled at the last minute for financial reasons. 

The loan deal would appear to be completely different. Once again this was seemingly authorised after the failure of the permanent deal and  GB "negotiated" a deal with a ludicrous option to purchase fee which ensured there would never be any danger of it being made permanent.

However for the second year in a row it appears we couldn't even get the paperwork for the loan right - either through negligence or by design. It is I think insulting everyone's intelligence to suggest we could cock up three deals accidentally especially when it only generally seems to happen to high value incoming deals and I know where I would be pointing the finger.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

The owners shouldnt be refusing to authorise deals full stop, thats the issue. And they shouldnt be refusing to spend a money when a club record fee comes in.

Having all of these incompetent staff underneath only compounds our issues.

Had we signed him on a loan with an option we wouldnt have utilised, that would have been the best possible solution under terrible conditions. As it was, we fucked up even that. 

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You'd imagine authorisation to go ahead is given at a relatively early stage. Even we surely wouldnt be stupid enough to take all our deals down to the wire without even knowing whether the owners will give them the go ahead.

A case in point is the Mcguire permanent deal which was seemingly initially authorised but then pulled at the last minute for financial reasons. 

The loan deal would appear to be completely different. Once again this was seemingly authorised after the failure of the permanent deal and  GB "negotiated" a deal with a ludicrous option to purchase fee which ensured there would never be any danger of it being made permanent.

However for the second year in a row it appears we couldn't even get the paperwork for the loan right - either through negligence or by design. It is I think insulting everyone's intelligence to suggest we could cock up three deals accidentally especially when it only generally seems to happen to high value incoming deals and I know where I would be pointing the finger.

At the owners, I hope.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

The McGuire transfer error is just absolutely astonishing the more you think about it.

The fact we had him in the shirt, revealed him as a Rovers player only to have not had it confirmed by the league, for a second time in 12 months and for no one to have been fired...

It's absolutely insane.

We are talking unprecedented levels of incompetency.

I'm struggling with every match day to think that this really happened again and that we are seemingly expected to turn up and pretend it didn't. There is zero accountability at the level it matters most.

Good luck to the players in the final fixtures but off the field at this club it's an absolute disgrace.

And what amazes me even more is that the club has taken the 'fingers in the ears / hands over the eyes / they'll all forget about it if we leave it long enough' route.
Massive kick in the dick for fans.

In terms of the match, I can't explain how depressing it is that a team freshly promoted from League 1 is the favourite for a game being played at Ewood.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

At the owners, I hope.

No closer to home.

Obviously it was the owners decision to pull the Mcguire permanent deal for financial reasons due to the Court case, but those conditions weren't pertaining when the O Brien and Brierley deals were authorised but mysteriously fell by the wayside at the last minute nor do I blame the owners for the Mcguire loan deal going mysteriously tits up in similar circumstances after they authorised it.

I wonder who would look better if we spent less money over the year?

Edit: You can of course blame the owners 100% that multiple heads haven't rolled as a result of all three incidents.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

Back to focusing upon the deckchairs on the Venkys titanic and only blaming them for not sacking people.

The pertintent issue is that for a number of years they havent been investing in the team, culminating in uncompetitive cutbacks due to financial irregularities. 

Who would benefit mostly from us not spending the owners money? Probably the owners. 

Doesnt mean that others dont warrant criticism and they get it too. Incompetence should have been rewarded with a P45. But if there is purposeful sabotage of deals, it wouldnt make any sense for it to be anyone but the owners to save money. We shouldnt be run either where we need to get deals authorised by owners who have history not getting back promptly when we dont have much time left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy said:

And what amazes me even more is that the club has taken the 'fingers in the ears / hands over the eyes / they'll all forget about it if we leave it long enough' route.
Massive kick in the dick for fans.

In terms of the match, I can't explain how depressing it is that a team freshly promoted from League 1 is the favourite for a game being played at Ewood.

i don`t mind ipswich being there,they`ve always been a proper big club,i find it f*****g despressing that bournemouth and brentford are years ahead of us,absolutely ridicoulous that two tiny nothing clubs are lording it over us,blackburn rovers trailing in the wake of brentford and bournemouth,absolutely ludicrous and depressing,just f.o.a.d you indian toads

Edited by simongarnerisgod
spelling
  • Like 4

We should have been like Ipswich after Lge 1 promotion when we had a decent budget and were rebuilding but we had the wrong manager and wrong people upstairs.

Now we very much resemble them before they went to league 1 for a number of years and we still have the same wrong people upstairs.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 8

What Ipswich have done since promotion is pretty remarkable to be fair, our League 1 season followed a season of typical Venkys budget slashing and whilst some of the players were a class above in League 1, they were miles off being top 6 players in the Championship. Finishing 15th and then 11th wasn't a failure considering we had the likes of Bennett, Evans, Smallwood, an aging Graham, Mulgrew, Williams etc that needed phasing out and it was just before we had an influx of good young players coming through.

The two points of the last decade or so in which we should have pushed on were with the side under Bowyer, we had a really core but needed a proper manager and more quality on top, instead we went down the selling everyone off and keeping Bowyer for too long route. We also should have pushed on after Mowbray had laid good foundations establishing the likes of Travis, Buckley, Wharton, Lenihan and a few of his own signings, before Tomasson then came to take that on further. In those 2 seasons where we just fell short, we needed to sell the players running down their deals and reinvest and create a deeper and better squad. Instead Venkys went down the route of not spending when in good positions, ensuring that we rejected any opportunity to get some money in to reinvest and threw in getting themselves into a legal issue causing total turmoil and a slide down the table. Thats the Venkys project, some good work is done in spite of them and then they ensure that it all collapses and sets us back years before it can start to happen again, hence why a top 6 finish is above our ceiling.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

What Ipswich have done since promotion is pretty remarkable to be fair, our League 1 season followed a season of typical Venkys budget slashing and whilst some of the players were a class above in League 1, they were miles off being top 6 players in the Championship. Finishing 15th and then 11th wasn't a failure considering we had the likes of Bennett, Evans, Smallwood, an aging Graham, Mulgrew, Williams etc that needed phasing out and it was just before we had an influx of good young players coming through.

The two points of the last decade or so in which we should have pushed on were with the side under Bowyer, we had a really core but needed a proper manager and more quality on top, instead we went down the selling everyone off and keeping Bowyer for too long route. We also should have pushed on after Mowbray had laid good foundations establishing the likes of Travis, Buckley, Wharton, Lenihan and a few of his own signings, before Tomasson then came to take that on further. In those 2 seasons where we just fell short, we needed to sell the players running down their deals and reinvest and create a deeper and better squad. Instead Venkys went down the route of not spending when in good positions, ensuring that we rejected any opportunity to get some money in to reinvest and threw in getting themselves into a legal issue causing total turmoil and a slide down the table. Thats the Venkys project, some good work is done in spite of them and then they ensure that it all collapses and sets us back years before it can start to happen again, hence why a top 6 finish is above our ceiling.

I consider anything other than promotion to the premier league as failure under venkys.

They bought a top ten premier league side. That is the minimum I will accept from them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No closer to home.

Obviously it was the owners decision to pull the Mcguire permanent deal for financial reasons due to the Court case, but those conditions weren't pertaining when the O Brien and Brierley deals were authorised but mysteriously fell by the wayside at the last minute nor do I blame the owners for the Mcguire loan deal going mysteriously tits up in similar circumstances after they authorised it.

I wonder who would look better if we spent less money over the year?

Edit: You can of course blame the owners 100% that multiple heads haven't rolled as a result of all three incidents.

I don't understand this. None of us know but surely those employed at the Club get their orders from the owners.

And I'm quite content in the belief that they instructed those 3 transfer bids to die at the last minute.

Edited by 47er

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I consider anything other than promotion to the premier league as failure under venkys.

They bought a top ten premier league side. That is the minimum I will accept from them.

My point was that we were in far healthier positions that we could have pushed on from at the two times mentioned compared to having come up with a squad in League 1 that was too good for that level but many of whom were not playere that you could build a promotion push around.

But as ever, the way we are run by the owners prevents us from pushing on.

I am worried about Siggy for this match/season, as he was out due to injury last night vs, Israel. I watched the game, it was a clear red for the opponent. Siggy tried to come back, but had to give up after a few minutters. We don´t neeed another injury, Sammie, please take care.

39 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

I am worried about Siggy for this match/season, as he was out due to injury last night vs, Israel. I watched the game, it was a clear red for the opponent. Siggy tried to come back, but had to give up after a few minutters. We don´t neeed another injury, Sammie, please take care.

lets hope he only gets a half and is`nt running around like a mad wasp,any injury to sammie and we really are in the mire

It's really sickening watching these clubs rise back up from the depths and stroll past Rovers whilst we remained shackled to these lunatics who employ bozos and ignore the club yet expect the royal treatment fir their '20 mill a year' accounting exercise.

No one else think that the only sell if we go back to the Prem line was a bit iffy, i mean it's as if they'd have no use for a non heavy loss making entity.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Penwortham Blue said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/kC613PHqaRpQnprR/?mibextid=WC7FNe

A club going in right direction, on and off the pitch. I still believe we will beat them at Ewood 🤷‍♂️

Incredible momentum. They  have bought very well  indeed. And Travis has a point to prove. 

Interesting  side note that two graduates of our loan school academy did well for England U21. We certainly paved the way for Elliott.