BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Ipswich Town (h) - Good Friday, 29/3/24, 17:30

We don't have many goals in us and Ipswich have plenty. They will run out very comfortable winners in this one. 

Our game plan at the moment is about keeping it tight and nicking a goal. That won't work against the better teams (it didn't even work against the lesser teams!). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Weirdly feel the same . Gut feeling with no rational says win or draw and I’m usually quite pessimistic 😂

might be a good time to play them with an international break. It can break things up for teams in certain forms. 
I cant see us winning, but im now in the mindset of I would be shocked if we get stuffed, by anyone. Eustace has definitely made us more defensive and very boring on the eye, but that comes hand in hand with being hard to beat. Just needs to find a solution to evening up the balance up the other end. Injuries and lack of actual player quality dont help. Hopefully some more depth to select from come the ipswich game and onwards. 
It very much feels like anything from any game at the moment is a positive. I was secretly buzzing with  0-0 at boro, felt like a win, expected nothing, which I think everyone now feels. I feel the teams very much stuck on the fence, Its holding out picking up draws, but in the balance of potentially dropping into a sh!te team with losses or stumbling into one that might just be able to plod along slowly on the up if we can fumble over some scrappy wins. 1 win in our last 9 league games (with Eustace in he doors), but another spin on that is 2 losses in 9....

If you average 2 losses in 9 through out the season you probably sit in the top 6 come end of the season, with wins rather than draws though 😉 Jeez I made a positive spin on a load of waffle I have written. 

• Like 4

Ipswich are actually odds against, which suggest they have less than 50% chance of winning, and there is greater than 50% chance of Rovers picking up at least 1 point

(if you're willing to believe early prices are correct)

We should be going into this demanding and expecting a point(s) return, anything less is a disappointment. They're not huge favourites.

I wonder whether 4-1-2-1-2 might work:

Pears

Pickering
Brittain
Hyam
New Lad

Trondstadt

Buckley
Ayari

Szmodic

Gallagher
Dolan

Have one of the forwards providing width down the side we're attacking with the other more central.. Could also play more direct with two strikers- loose balls to Szmodics.

9 hours ago, rovers11 said:

We don't have many goals in us and Ipswich have plenty. They will run out very comfortable winners in this one. 

Our game plan at the moment is about keeping it tight and nicking a goal. That won't work against the better teams (it didn't even work against the lesser teams!). 

i agree. They can score from virtually anywhere and usually do in injury time. 

I am sure Travis will want to play a blinder for a number of reasons. One of the main reasons has left us which will disappoint him. 

43 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

i agree. They can score from virtually anywhere and usually do in injury time. 

I am sure Travis will want to play a blinder for a number of reasons. One of the main reasons has left us which will disappoint him. 

I would imagine Travis is ineligible to play.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

Surely to God, but knowing us we’ll have forgotten to add a clause in the loan deal forbidding him to play against us!

The thick twats at Ewood would have probably put in a clause saying he has to play against us.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Have one of the forwards providing width down the side we're attacking with the other more central.. Could also play more direct with two strikers- loose balls to Szmodics.

I think we should try Gallagher on the wing, might work 😁

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, rovers11 said:

How is life in Burnley?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not sure you are particularly positive yourself hence celebrating draws at home v fellow strugglers!

Indeed, very negative behaviour (typical of Blackburners though, to be fair)

• Like 1

Ipswich Burns out with a hamstring (and still Hedges doesn't get a Welsh call up).

And if we hadn't drawn those two. (Not celebrating but surviving)

Millwall 45

Plymouth 43

Stoke 41

QPR 40

Rovers 40

Brum 39

Huddersfield 39

Wednesday 38

15 hours ago, martonrover said:

Surely to God, but knowing us we’ll have forgotten to add a clause in the loan deal forbidding him to play against us!

That wouldn't matter in the slightest. Loan players have been forbidden by the rules of the game from playing against their parent club for years now (in England anyway). Although I gather this can be allowed if the parent club expressly permits it in the loan contract. Hopefully even we weren't that stupid.

32 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

That wouldn't matter in the slightest. Loan players have been forbidden by the rules of the game from playing against their parent club for years now (in England anyway). Although I gather this can be allowed if the parent club expressly permits it in the loan contract. Hopefully even we weren't that stupid.

I wasn’t being entirely serious, but you are right about the second part.

I don’t  think it’s a case of us not being that stupid, more that attention to detail isn’t our thing, so we should be okay.

On 19/03/2024 at 19:19, Bohinen1983 said:

I wonder whether 4-1-2-1-2 might work:

Pears

Pickering
Brittain
Hyam
New Lad

Trondstadt

Buckley
Ayari

Szmodic

Gallagher
Dolan

It's very narrow 🤣

• Like 1

The McGuire transfer error is just absolutely astonishing the more you think about it.

The fact we had him in the shirt, revealed him as a Rovers player only to have not had it confirmed by the league, for a second time in 12 months and for no one to have been fired...

It's absolutely insane.

We are talking unprecedented levels of incompetency.

I'm struggling with every match day to think that this really happened again and that we are seemingly expected to turn up and pretend it didn't. There is zero accountability at the level it matters most.

Good luck to the players in the final fixtures but off the field at this club it's an absolute disgrace.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

The McGuire transfer error is just absolutely astonishing the more you think about it.

The fact we had him in the shirt, revealed him as a Rovers player only to have not had it confirmed by the league, for a second time in 12 months and for no one to have been fired...

It's absolutely insane.

We are talking unprecedented levels of incompetency.

I'm struggling with every match day to think that this really happened again and that we are seemingly expected to turn up and pretend it didn't. There is zero accountability at the level it matters most.

Good luck to the players in the final fixtures but off the field at this club it's an absolute disgrace.

3rd time wasn't it?

McGuire, O'brien & Brierley?

(Or was it different for the Brierley kid?)

• Like 1