BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Ipswich Town (h) - Good Friday, 29/3/24, 17:30

9 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I hope not, I think McFadzean will be exposed against this opposition. If we go with 3 CH’s, I would much rather Carter comes back in.

Playing Carter after a lengthy absence might be considered too much of a risk. I don't know if Moore will start after his midweek exertions but he clearly represents an aerial threat which we will have to cope with. They are in the top three for goals from set pieces so we will have to be wary of that. I'm convinced if we keep a clean sheet we win the game.

• Like 1

Looking forward to this game and I can't wait for the game. 

I think it will tough game but given that the players have been in for training for most of the international break, I think it would have helped the players and Eustace get some training in on tactics, set pieces and more understanding what Eustace wants from them. 

I would stick with my starting 11 team selection I've posted on page 1, and I stick with my prediction of 2-1 Rovers win. 

Come on Rovers get those 3 points 🔵

• Like 1

Burble burble burble, blahbladdyblah.

Three nil to the Tractor Boys, John Eustace won't go far...

This is Rovers' cup final for this season. Rise to the occasion and maybe the campaign could end with a little pride and a flourish. Baulk or worse still freeze in the headlights, and the downward trajectory might become a little too compelling to avoid a galling tailspin into the third division.

Dark days at the home of football.

Oh, and just as an aside, I was speaking with a neighbour who is a dyed in the wool follower of all things shite at th'Turd, and he reckons that this season is actually "going to plan" with the beanie bloke looking to rebuild through another dominant season in the Champ, before taking a re-vitalised army of knuckle-draggers back to Mid Prem permanence. I know, I've had a warning already for talking non-football matters on the forum, but really, a 5 year plan including boing boing?? The idea of a bouncing turd really does nothing for my love of football. 

C'mon Rovers players tomorrow. Give it some welly, and play for a bit of pride.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

This is Rovers' cup final for this season. Rise to the occasion and maybe the campaign could end with a little pride and a flourish. Baulk or worse still freeze in the headlights, and the downward trajectory might become a little too compelling to avoid a galling tailspin into the third division.

Oh, and just as an aside, I was speaking with a neighbour who is a dyed in the wool follower of all things shite at th'Turd, and he reckons that this season is actually "going to plan" with the beanie bloke looking to rebuild through another dominant season in the Champ, before taking a re-vitalised army of knuckle-draggers back to Mid Prem permanence. I know, I've had a warning already for talking non-football matters on the forum, but really, a 5 year plan including boing boing?? The idea of a bouncing turd really does nothing for my love of football. 

spending a hundred million to get relegated and putting all those expensive **** players on massive money,sounds like a dingle plan tbh,that american owner has obviously been booty burgled by a crazed fan and now has dingle dna flowing through him,his teeth will fall out soon and that puzzled,angry look all burnley folk have will appear

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

May as well just forfeit this game. Give our soft lads a week off. They won't get boos from the crowd or have people saying nasty thing about them on the Internet that way. 

Naahh, it's a barometer / reality check for the remainder of the season. Might as well either gird our loins, or administer last rights. No point letting them duck the axe. 

Found out this week that Ainsley Pears is dating one of my lad's old school chums.. She doesn't seem to have cottoned on to the definition of goal-digger just yet, but I'd wager she'll be offski if the financial outlook takes a turn for the worse at the end of the season. Watch this space 😉

1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

The Dingle plan has more of a chance that any club that downsizes their squad, decimates their budget year on year (or more frequently if their mates in the courts play ball), relies at least 30%+ on youth whilst claiming faith in this plan getting said club back into the PL.

Again I stress that the "any club" is not made up. Someone has actually gone public with this insanity.

• Like 1

My question is, why do they even bother sending the fabled £20 million dollops over at all? It's worse than sending feck all and abandoning any pretence that they have an interest in our famous old club.

They don't. 😞 Feck em.

2 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Some of them convinced themselves a while ago that signing players not good enough is all part of some Yank/Kompany masterplan.

They'll get pasted every week get relegated but bounce straight back and second time around they'll know what its all about and take the prem by storm.

Only in Burnley could such delusion prosper and when they come down a flog half of them again reality will dawn, then again no it probably won't.

Predicting a win here would be based on absolutely nothing.

Message to the players:

We are expecting you to lose, we think you're a set of bottle jobs that can barely put a tackle in and it's about time you proved us wrong.

Get out there and do it!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Some of them convinced themselves a while ago that signing players not good enough is all part of some Yank/Kompany masterplan.

They'll get pasted every week get relegated but bounce straight back and second time around they'll know what its all about and take the prem by storm.

Only in Burnley could such delusion prosper and when they come down a flog half of them again reality will dawn, then again no it probably won't.

Problem is though tomPhil their gobshyte fans will have something to shout about,you remember that little thing called'Pride in your Club'...those of a Blue n White persuasion will just want to cut their throats in utter desperation. 

Enveying that lot is about as shit as it gets.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, not exactly Scarface said:

Things are going well for us right now, we're aiming successive promotions and a return to the Premier League for first time since Blackburn won the League Cup.     It's been a mess for the most part, some 15 years of doing next to nothing watching Marcus Evans single handily attempting to sink a once proud club name without trace and a succession of absolute dire managerial appointments, one after the other, attempt and fail while we had to watch the parade go by.

But things are different now.   I could never place McKenna on a plateau with Robson and Ramsey but he's the best without question since George Burley and made us competitive and scoring goals almost freely.     Mark Ashton has made a big difference too but many fans were sceptical since he was hated at Bristol City but in all fairness, he's been part of a revolution that has really taken off and a vital piece of the jigsaw as to where we now find ourselves.    The new ownership was always a risk but right now people are just trying to focus on the positives.

Trips to Blackburn in the past were usually eventful.    The final day draw 30 years ago that saved our season, winning in the F.A. Cup when you were League Champions etc and tomorrow should prove another exciting chapter.      We'll know what is required at kick off time as our nearest rivals will have already played their fixtures.        Some of our players like Broadhead and Moore may have minds elsewhere after the unfortunate Wales failure to qualify a couple of days ago but we have a lot of strength in depth and can call on names from the bench if needed if the game doesn't flow our way.

Seems unfair to call out on a rival fans message board over who's going to win or lose but all you can ask for is an entertaining game with both teams going for it and the referee doesn't need to get involved much.    I know you have some standout players who can cause us and other opponents problems and remember this season we've already been beaten by both Cambridge and Stevenage not to mention Maidstone in a home game.    Were a goal ahead at Cardiff just recently some 8 minutes into additional time and still somehow managed to lose.     The thing with us, we sometimes can't see out games from winning positions or lose focus at critical times.      If Blackburn are to win this you need to take advantage of such vulnerabilities.    We can be got at and exposed, particularly as some key names like Burns won't be featured.     I hope it's a good game, may the best team win really.  

Welcome to the pleasure dome. I know too much about Town  My brother is a fan. Funny how all your truly sh#te managers recently were called Paul.

The stars have aligned for you. Owners with a vision and increasing investment. An outstanding manager whose time has come and very good signings for the right positions. I wish you well and that you gain promotion without having to play Norwich in the play offs.

With one proviso. You gift us 1-0 victory in the 80th minute. You don’t need the away points.  We need the home points.

May the most needy team win 😉

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, not exactly Scarface said:

Things are going well for us right now, we're aiming successive promotions and a return to the Premier League for first time since Blackburn won the League Cup.     It's been a mess for the most part, some 15 years of doing next to nothing watching Marcus Evans single handily attempting to sink a once proud club name without trace and a succession of absolute dire managerial appointments, one after the other, attempt and fail while we had to watch the parade go by.

But things are different now.   I could never place McKenna on a plateau with Robson and Ramsey but he's the best without question since George Burley and made us competitive and scoring goals almost freely.     Mark Ashton has made a big difference too but many fans were sceptical since he was hated at Bristol City but in all fairness, he's been part of a revolution that has really taken off and a vital piece of the jigsaw as to where we now find ourselves.    The new ownership was always a risk but right now people are just trying to focus on the positives.

Trips to Blackburn in the past were usually eventful.    The final day draw 30 years ago that saved our season, winning in the F.A. Cup when you were League Champions etc and tomorrow should prove another exciting chapter.      We'll know what is required at kick off time as our nearest rivals will have already played their fixtures.        Some of our players like Broadhead and Moore may have minds elsewhere after the unfortunate Wales failure to qualify a couple of days ago but we have a lot of strength in depth and can call on names from the bench if needed if the game doesn't flow our way.

Seems unfair to call out on a rival fans message board over who's going to win or lose but all you can ask for is an entertaining game with both teams going for it and the referee doesn't need to get involved much.    I know you have some standout players who can cause us and other opponents problems and remember this season we've already been beaten by both Cambridge and Stevenage not to mention Maidstone in a home game.    Were a goal ahead at Cardiff just recently some 8 minutes into additional time and still somehow managed to lose.     The thing with us, we sometimes can't see out games from winning positions or lose focus at critical times.      If Blackburn are to win this you need to take advantage of such vulnerabilities.    We can be got at and exposed, particularly as some key names like Burns won't be featured.     I hope it's a good game, may the best team win really.  

Just from your results in 2024 you've also picked up quite a few points from goals scored late on, v Leicester, Brum, WBA, Bristol City, maybe others. Theres 8 points there from comebacks. 

The late ones conceded at Cardiff were a shock and so were the early 3 at Preston where you then almost got a point with those 2 late goals from Moore.

Our Scott Wharton reckons he'll play well now that he's getting more cuddles and that we're up to speed in our defensive duties. 

We will see.

It starts at 0-0 and I'd take a point now.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Forfeit the game? 
One of our most important fixtures of the season and you talk as if we shouldn’t bother turning up. 

Pathetic! 

What's pathetic is thinking that only picking up a draw against the likes of Millwall and Plymouth Argyle is good enough for this club.

4 hours ago, not exactly Scarface said:

You've surprised a lot of fans in this Division with your team and style of play...you've had the bad times and looks like your heading to the top again..fair play to Ipswich.You have Owners who give a toss.

Just go easy FFS..we're a bit of a mess atm!

Hear there could be up to 5,000 travelling?

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

You'll piss this one against our soft lads.

Good to see Ipswich doing the business and showing everyone just how it's supposed to be done.

Thanks for playing the music association game as well, top man.

• Like 2

Fair play to you Scarface for coming onto the Rovers board (oh for a more influential version of that!!) and for your measured assessment of the fixture this afternoon.  I thought for a second or two when I started reading, that you were in fact a Dingle troll, come to rub our noses gleefully in their expensive learning curve this season, but once I'd clocked that you were in fact a Tractor Boy I felt comfortable with what you laid out. The thing to remember I guess, in football, is that there are a lot of swings and roundabouts along the way. I used to have a soft spot for Ipswich in the glory days of Arnold Muhren and the likes of Paul Cooper, George Burley, Mick Mills, Franz Thijssen, Russell Osman, Terry Butcher, John Wark, Paul Mariner (from Chorley), Alan Brazil, Gates. Kevin Beattie and McCall. Memories fade, but that team played football years ahead of its time, and was a joy to watch, unless you were playing them as opposition!

On today's fixture, we can all see that the pendulum has swung a long way between the fortunes of these two sides, and that on paper, trajectory, recent form and common sense there should be only one outcome. But then again, perhaps that is the joy of this crazy game - All we can wish for as football fans is for our team to give a good account of themselves in the game. All we can hope for as home supporters is for some measure of pride in a performance 'against the odds' at the final whistle, and a walk up Livesey Branch Road with heads held high. With any luck Rovers will find the guts and guile to nick a win, and send you Tractor Boys with long faces and cries of what might have been back on the long trek to the bland wilderness of Suffolk (lol, I'm sure the town is somewhat more pleasant in many respects than our counterpart in East Lancs)..

Let's be having a proper football match first! 

COYB!

• Like 1

We've heard quite frequently from Eustace that he's had no time on the training pitch with the players, that excuse is out the window now and we must see the results of the time he HAS had. Brum had plenty of success with set pieces, I'd like to think we see some improvements in this area. When you're not exactly banging goals in for fun, it's critical set pieces are utilised.

Hard to predict a result but guessing he'd be happy with another draw so 1-1 😕

• Like 1

6 hours ago, not exactly Scarface said:

My pal is a ST holder at Portman Road and I used to live there and so I keep a look out for their results. Forget about your vulnerabilities listed, I would love Rovers to have the capacity to come back in a game and win or draw at the death with late, late goals. We haven’t seen a Rovers team do that for many, many years and yet your lot have been doing it just about every week this season.

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

We've heard quite frequently from Eustace that he's had no time on the training pitch with the players, that excuse is out the window now and we must see the results of the time he HAS had. Brum had plenty of success with set pieces, I'd like to think we see some improvements in this area. When you're not exactly banging goals in for fun, it's critical set pieces are utilised.

Hard to predict a result but guessing he'd be happy with another draw so 1-1 😕

Agreed. Let's see what other excuses he comes up with after today. 

I'd love to see Ipswich go up, the countries 2nd most successful town team, it would give hope to everyone and yet again consign to the bin the defeatist 'you need 100 mill parachute money to compete for promotion' nonsense. 

However we really have to put a big dent in that for our own needs and at some point we really really need to try and win some games.  

Pressure on for both sides, i'd say it could go either way but really it could go one way unless we are on the money.

Verdict......  2-2

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Naahh, it's a barometer / reality check for the remainder of the season. Might as well either gird our loins, or administer last rights. No point letting them duck the axe. 

Found out this week that Ainsley Pears is dating one of my lad's old school chums.. She doesn't seem to have cottoned on to the definition of goal-digger just yet, but I'd wager she'll be offski if the financial outlook takes a turn for the worse at the end of the season. Watch this space 😉

Tell your lads friend, if he hands her a drink, to make sure she has something waterproof on, in case he spills it all over her.

• Like 3

He’s had nearly two weeks on the grass with the majority of the squad and if the manager wants the credit for the Newcastle performance, he should take the credit for some of the more insipid displays, but I digress.

Two weeks basically uninterrupted, with some R&R included. We’re in a relegation fight and this is a home game. If the manager can’t get this team motivated against a high-flying team that has shown defensive vulnerabilities away from home against “lesser” sides recently, then he’s not going to produce the necessary to keep us up.

I think he takes us down, but a win today gives me pause on that thought and I hope to Christ that we do.

Edited by Bethnal