BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Ipswich Town (h) - Good Friday, 29/3/24, 17:30

3 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Mental.

Waggot and Pasha have relegated us.

If we do go down and those two aren't removed straight away i'm just about done with it all.

Just no point anymore the club is completely fecked under venkys and employing useless cretins like that there'll be no coming back without Tony Mowbray to hold their hands.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If we do go down and those two aren't removed straight away i'm just about done with it all.

Just no point anymore the club is completely fecked under venkys and employing useless cretins like that there'll be no coming back without Tony Mowbray to hold their hands.

I think , if we are going to be relegated  , those 2 gentleman will slink away quietly and never to be seen again .

I am not sure , where Venkys go if we get relegated this season ,cos it will have been totally stage managed !

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, neophox said:

Think we will start:

Pears

Brittain, Hyam, Wharton/Carter, Pickering

Ayari, Tronstad

Hedges, Szmodics, Dolan

Gallagher

This really evidences how utterly shite we have been at loans. The majority of successful clubs in this league has 2/3 really quality loan players on their first teams. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I think , if we are going to be relegated  , those 2 gentleman will slink away quietly and never to be seen again .

I am not sure , where Venkys go if we get relegated this season ,cos it will have been totally stage managed !

Well ideally they'd clear off and a result the nest of dweebs hiding in the comfortable confines of Ewood wood be gone as well as a result.

However we are stuck with them but there is no need to hold on to tweedle Dum and tweedle Dee because they've failed and heads need to roll.

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

This really evidences how utterly shite we have been at loans. The majority of successful clubs in this league has 2/3 really quality loan players on their first teams. 

That will have still cost significant money to arrange. All a symptom of Venky's ownership.

If you think anything is amiss at Rovers, whether it be quality on the pitch or maintenance of the footpaths... it all circles back to out of touch owners.

12 hours ago, tomphil said:

You aren't alone mate.Feel like I'm getting kicked in the Balls Daily for supporting my team,doesn't feel right anymore.The lies and deceit are suffocating. 

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Tricky said:

Kieffer Moore getting his minutes tonight 

Watched on S4C and the commentators basically acknowledging he's not good enough at that level. Fluffed their best opportunity late on when he clearly had no idea what to do. Sounds like a few of our team!! On the plus side he did have the physical presence that we lack - and the way we are playing under Eustace that could have been a useful option that we just don't have

• Like 1

Think well lose 1-2. Sammie with our goal. I just doubt this group of players has enough about them to get something against a promotion chasing side that won 6 nil last time out. Also reckon JE will switch to 3 at the back again.

Predicted team:

Pears

Hyam  McFadzean  Wharton

Brittain   Tronstad    Ayari   Hedges

Szmodics

Dolan     Gallagher

• Like 1

JRC and Carter in contention for tomorrows game....probably on bench. Hope for a back four. If Carter is fit enough he may go for a back three. We will see.

Pears

Brittain, Hyam, Wharton/Carter, Pickering

Ayari, Tronstad

Hedges, Szmodics, Dolan

Gallagher

Back three

Pears

Carter, Hyam, Wharton

Brittain, Tronstad, Ayari, Pickering

Hedges, Smodiczs, Dolan

Edited by neophox

Would like to see us go for 4 at the back again;

image.png.af937f4e73314be2357d223177a8a63d.png

There's a very good case for starting Dolan over Gilsenan, it's likely the more sensible option... but I honestly think that it won't take Gilsenan long to make that LW position his own. He's young and hungry, give him a chance I say!

I avoid posting my predictions, as historically they always tend to go the opposite way - but I must say that I have a good feeling about this one, for some unknown reason.

Not sure if we'll win, but I don't think we're gonna lose. COYB!

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 2

Having seen Ipswich several times I think their central midfield two of Luongo and Morsy are so important to the way they play and their success so far this season. We simply have to match them up here or risk being outnumbered and overrun. To do that we have to play a back four and keep two banks of four as our main shape. Scoring first will be key in this match I think and I would set up to play on the counter attack with our emphasis on keeping them out and limiting the number of chances they create.

• Like 2

On 26/03/2024 at 15:48, J*B said:

You generally need to pay fees for quality loanees. 

I'd wager good money that Ayari, Koumetio and Chrisene are on frees. There might have been a small loan fee for Moran, but he's simply run out of steam in his first professional season. James Hill was obviously recalled. 

21 hours ago, oneandycrawford said:

Watched on S4C and the commentators basically acknowledging he's not good enough at that level. Fluffed their best opportunity late on when he clearly had no idea what to do. Sounds like a few of our team!! On the plus side he did have the physical presence that we lack - and the way we are playing under Eustace that could have been a useful option that we just don't have

I think he's scored 6 in 10 at this level, which is really all that matters tomorrow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Having seen Ipswich several times I think their central midfield two of Luongo and Morsy are so important to the way they play and their success so far this season. We simply have to match them up here or risk being outnumbered and overrun. To do that we have to play a back four and keep two banks of four as our main shape. Scoring first will be key in this match I think and I would set up to play on the counter attack with our emphasis on keeping them out and limiting the number of chances they create.

I don't think our midfield can compete - i'd be tempted to go back to the 3412 / 5212 from before Middlesborough personally.

3412 when attacking:

Pears

Carter Hyam Wharton

Brittain JRC Tronstad Christene

Szmodics

Gally Dolan

5212 when defending:

Pears
Brittain Carter Hyam Wharton Christene

JRC Tronstad

Szmodics
Gally Dolan

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

I don't think our midfield can compete - i'd be tempted to go back to the 3412 / 5212 from before Middlesborough personally.

3412 when attacking:

Pears

Carter Hyam Wharton

Brittain JRC Tronstad Christene

Szmodics

Gally Dolan

5212 when defending:

Pears
Brittain Carter Hyam Wharton Christene

JRC Tronstad

Szmodics
Gally Dolan

In the game and a half Eustace has played a back four I think we have played the best under him looking tight and compact. In the other games whilst playing a five we just haven't really laid a glove on the opponents midfield. I personally don't think he will play a back four but will bring McFadzean back.

• Like 2

This falls under the category of strange & unusual facts:

Rovers have scored as many points at Ewood, since Eustace was brought in, as they did in Tomasson’s finale at Ewood (3). 

Defensively, we’ve improved, allowing 8 goals in 8 games. Offensively, we’re a mess, 6 goals from those same 8.

I’m not saying Eustace is more effective, or less effective. In some ways, he’s steadied the ship. I believe some of this is on the players. There has to be a share of blame, as well as praise. 

Maybe with Carter & JR-C coming back, we can see not just improvement on the pitch, but more points, as well. 

The best way to narrow the odds of a Rovers victory is to press and counter and get a goal or two up but obviously not leaving the huge voids of space at the back we did under JDT.

We just don't hold on to 0-0 then nick a game late it's just not in this squads DNA though i get the impression that is what Eustace is trying for based on evidence so far.

As always Rovers need to be 1/3 goals up at half time to have any hope of 3 points.

7 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

Would like to see us go for 4 at the back again;

image.png.af937f4e73314be2357d223177a8a63d.png

There's a very good case for starting Dolan over Gilsenan, it's likely the more sensible option... but I honestly think that it won't take Gilsenan long to make that LW position his own. He's young and hungry, give him a chance I say!

I avoid posting my predictions, as historically they always tend to go the opposite way - but I must say that I have a good feeling about this one, for some unknown reason.

Not sure if we'll win, but I don't think we're gonna lose. COYB!

Likewise, for some unfathomable reason, I think we are going to turn the form book upside down and win tomorrow. It is probably wishful thinking but statistically, surely we have to win at some point, very soon ! Hope McFadzean doesn’t play, he’s done ok but too old and too slow for this opposition.

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

In the game and a half Eustace has played a back four I think we have played the best under him looking tight and compact. In the other games whilst playing a five we just haven't really laid a glove on the opponents midfield. I personally don't think he will play a back four but will bring McFadzean back.

I hope not, I think McFadzean will be exposed against this opposition. If we go with 3 CH’s, I would much rather Carter comes back in.

• Like 1