BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

Let’s agree to call this “a step in the right direction” rather than celebrate it as a success story. In my opinion tickets are still £100 too expensive, which is a hell of a lot of money in our region. 

Do we know if it’s still the same credit supplier? Hopefully we’re now using one that actually accepts people. 

Agreed.  I was not ‘celebrating’.  It is a step in the right direction where we can clearly see the influence of WATR.  There is a long way to go.  Now Rovers need to market the offer which is another story.

Just now, Tom said:

I know all clubs do it but the early bird pricing just winds me up, keep the price at its lowest price and if you must offer an alternative benefit like £20 off a kit or £30 in food and drink vouchers or something for early adopters if you must 

It always just seems like a lazy effort with some gimmick thrown on top

And if they need to do something like that then why not reward loyalty and those that have had tickets since 95 for example 

"Commit now before you have any idea what we're going to do in the transfer market".

I've always hated the 'early bird' scheme. 

• Like 2

To walk into the store and slap cash on the table and then be charged an extra 10 quid for doing so is disgusting but how long before serious penalty's get applied to physical match ticket buying ?

I suspect the powers that be will want football to be a tv only sport by 2030 !

• Like 1

Reasonable pricing, but would have happily paid the same again, if it meant we actually got some decent players through the door. Only time will tell as to whether this has meant a cut in the transfer budget. 

Posted (edited)

25 year old pays £125 more than a 65 year old in the BBE.

Sign of the times that the 65 year old is far more likely to afford a full price ST than the 25 year old.

Maybe clubs (not just Rovers) need to look at the reasons why discounts are given to seniors rather than making it more affordable for young people.

Edited by OJRovers
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

The Club have clearly listened to the We Are The Rovers supporters trust and the Fans Forum.  They have not gone as far as we would have wished but there are signs they have listened and acted in some areas

We wanted a loyalty points scheme and we wanted an entry price for new fans in the Riverside albeit the Riverside offer structured differently.

Clearly we would have wanted more but the Club is risk averse.; they would probably describe it as being careful.

Positive moves…..We Are The Rovers will continue to influence.

I find it concerning that they've clearly had a good group of supporters and a great representation of the fan base tell them everything explicitly and this is the best they can do.

Nice they're a bit less... but they really could't give a f*ck is what I take from it. They must think we're stupid... it feels a more blatant attempt than ever to trap as many supporters in early cause they know a summer of not enough reinvestment is coming.

Pass.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

I find it concerning that they've clearly had a good group of supporters and a great representation of the fan base tell them everything explicitly and this is the best they can do.

Nice they're a bit less... but they really could't give a f*ck is what I take from it. They must think we're stupid... it feels a more blatant attempt than ever to trap as many supporters in early cause they know a summer of not enough reinvestment is coming.

Pass.

I’ll bet Steve the cost of a season ticket he has less uptake this season than last. And with cheaper prices, the only reason for that can be he’s made the product worse. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

Agreed.  I was not ‘celebrating’.  It is a step in the right direction where we can clearly see the influence of WATR.  There is a long way to go.  Now Rovers need to market the offer which is another story.

It's a microscopic step in the right direction but at least things have been turned that way.

The simple fact is that they are still £100 too expensive.

They also need to get rid of this early bird bollocks and just make them cheaper. These offers do nothing but penalize people who are not fortunate enough to be in a financial situation to take advantage of it.

• Backroom
43 minutes ago, tomphil said:

To walk into the store and slap cash on the table and then be charged an extra 10 quid for doing so is disgusting but how long before serious penalty's get applied to physical match ticket buying ?

I suspect the powers that be will want football to be a tv only sport by 2030 !

That Fielder pillock did, told RT just as much.

51 minutes ago, Tom said:

And whilst I’m whinging, £10 extra to renew in person is a sham 

Why is it?

We live in a digital era and the fanbase needs to move with it.

My father who is now 68, is ordering goods from Amazon and various stores online. 

The cost of 1 full time employee on minimum wage would be c£26k if you take into account Employers NI. That’s an additional 75 season tickets that need to be sold. If a 3rd of the ST holders buy over the phone, it covers the cost of an employee. It makes business sense.

Fans will happily whinge about the £10 surcharge but will happily pay RyanAir and EasyJet for an extra legroom seat when required. 

We need to get with the times. 

• Downvote 8

• Backroom

As highlighted above, it grinds my gears that over 4 years since the original Marketing Prospectus (and repeated fan engagement since then) the BEST the club can offer is a temporary and tokenist reduction on the highest ST prices since Venkys took over.

‘A step in the right direction’ after all that time isn’t good enough.

It’s like me expecting praise for putting the bins out on bin day. But the wrong bin. On the wrong day. ‘I’ve tried everything I can.’

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue n White Rover said:

Why is it?

My father who is now 68, is ordering goods from Amazon and various stores online. 

The cost of 1 full time employee on minimum wage would be c£26k if you take into account Employers NI. That’s an additional 75 season tickets that need to be sold. If a 3rd of the ST holders buy over the phone, it covers the cost of an employee. It makes business sense.

Fans will happily whinge about the £10 surcharge but will happily pay RyanAir and EasyJet for an extra legroom seat when required. 

Absolutely ridiculous.

It's just more gouging from the parasite maggot.

Everything being online has caused massive determination effects on society and community.

Face to face interactions are essential for humans.

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Blue n White Rover said:

Why is it?

You understand that those club staff already work those hours? The fan in this scenario will already have spent money on fuel to get to the club shop (and in an extreme scenario as I often do when getting tickets) try to book off work early or use flexible working to get to the club shop.

Some of us still prefer physical interaction as the social beings we are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Let’s agree to call this “a step in the right direction” rather than celebrate it as a success story. In my opinion tickets are still £100 too expensive, which is a hell of a lot of money in our region. 

Do we know if it’s still the same credit supplier? Hopefully we’re now using one that actually accepts people. 

It’s V12 - there aren’t many providers in that space & I think 🤔 they’re the usual supplier…

https://www.v12retailfinance.com

APR 29% though…👀

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

You understand that those club staff already work those hours? The fan in this scenario will already have spent money on fuel to get to the club shop (and in an extreme scenario as I often do when getting tickets) try to book off work early or use flexible working to get to the club shop.

Some of us still prefer physical interaction as the social beings we are.

That is absolutely fine and some of us would rather do it from the comfort of my own home.

If you want the service of face-to-face interaction then pay the price, which in this case is £10. 

Almost like a delivery option. If you want it next day, pay the higher price, or wait a few days and get it free. 

• Downvote 5

Posted (edited)

Nothing new or imaginative here. It has all the hallmarks of a Waggott scheme - several relatively small gimmicks to make some people feel like the offer is a decent one but in practice actually there's not much happening differently to previous years.

On the plus side there's some sort of reduction which beats the usual freeze or increase, but really not enough to drive a turnaround or serious growth in numbers.

It will probably be enough to persuade the majority of those from last season to renew which will be good enough for old Steve to get by for another year with the extra tv cash to more than cover the difference.

Even if 8000 all benefit from a £30 reduction that is a nominal cost to the club when it is collecting £3 million extra for the new tv deal. Of course absolutely no mention of the impact of this deal on fixtures and the inconvenience it may well cause to those who go to games. Just sign up ignorant to that is how they want it.

I'm baffled by the Riverside scheme. It seems to be some sort of acceptance on the part of the club that they should do something to try and increase numbers there and offer a cheaper option for the worst facilities in the ground, but as ever with this CEO it's half baked and with strings attached.

Instead of just making it £300 for everyone, or £300 for the first 1000, or 2000 or 3000 it's limited to just 300 'new' supporters and 300 existing supporters with some ballot system in operation. Unless I've missed it they don't qualify what a 'new' supporter is. Is it someone with no history of going to games? Someone who is a former ST holder? Someone who didn't have one last season? 

I really wish they'd stop with the gimmicks like £30 off for 30 years since we won the league. I'm tiring of this regime attempting to exploit past glories when they should be ashamed to even mention it given the disgrace of this ownership. I'd have a lot more respect if they just acknowledged that fans deserve a reduction after their outrageous conduct of the last few years and the rapidly decreasing quality of the product and that they need to take action to stop decline.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

The new hospitality offering for 2024/25 with upgraded lounges:

https://online.fliphtml5.com/lcgr/lwzq/

Nice brochure - but can I say on record that the Shearer lounge described as “the most premium lounge” looks like a cafe in the town centre. They’ve probably been given fuck all to make it work and it shows. 

4 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

MEH!....never been so apathetic tbh.

Venkys still running the Club (into the Ground).

“Roll up, roll up, and see if our inadequate squad can grind out enough points to stay in the Championship. It’s better than watching paint dry, (but only just)”.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Blue n White Rover said:

Why is it?

We don't live in a digital era we are being pushed into to it suit the corporate technocratic govts who are owned by those with most to gain from it.

We don't have to 'get with' anything it should be an available and unpenalised personal choice.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

The new hospitality offering for 2024/25 with upgraded lounges:

https://online.fliphtml5.com/lcgr/lwzq/

So the Premier Suite which I’ve been in to for a game in each of the last three seasons, and has been excellent, with a four course meal - three pre game, and a post game course… has now been replaced with the ‘95 Club’, a ‘one course hot buffet’ (oh and a dessert at half time)… so pretty much what Jack’s Kitchen was (JK now being ‘a pie and a pint’.

Oh it looks as if the Red Rose Suite in the Blackburn End is now the new Premier Suite offering… but obviously you don’t get the Jack Walker Upper central seating, just behind glass behind the goal.

Edited by Mattyblue

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

I thought ‘fair enough’ at the early bird price, but the gouging in the following two phases really puts me off.

As ever, a decent idea half-done.

Trying to encourage early purchases because they’re desperate for some cash?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, J*B said:

Nice brochure - but can I say on record that the Shearer lounge described as “the most premium lounge” looks like a cafe in the town centre. They’ve probably been given fuck all to make it work and it shows. 

I was in the Shearer lounge last season and must say, it was an excellent experience.

We had our own private waiter who was lovely. Drinks all included. In addition, we received a 9 course meal of which every single one was a delight. Excellent view of the pitch from inside too. The interior was very smartly decorated and comfortable for all in there. Would highly recommend and will definitely be going again next season.

• Like 3