SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HE HAS NOT BEEN PLAYING AT ALL WELL IN THE RESERVES SO WHY THE HELL SHOULD HE BE GIVEN A CHANCE IN THE FIRST TEAM??? DePedro looked better than he did

THANK YOU...

WHY THE ###### SHOULD WE PLAY MGP WHEN WE ARE FIVE GAMES UNBEATEN W/ ONE OF THE BEST MIDFIELDS ABOUT?!

MATT JANSEN WAS PLAYING LIKE A SACK OF SPUDS FOR THE RESERVES BUT HAS STILL MANAGED TO GET MORE APPEARANCES THAN MGP UNDER HUGHES.

STEVEN REID PLAYED ONE AVERAGE RESERVE MATCH AND WENT STRAIGHT INTO THE TEAM.

JAY MCEVELEY HAS BEEN ERROR-PRONE FOR THE RESERVES AND STILL CAME INTO THE TEAM.

Why the denial? How can anyone suggest that MGP's treatment has not been unusual. Fine - scoff at the appearance fee 'theory' - but surely you must accept to treat a new signing as Hughes has treated MGP is not the norm.

Can you name another situation where a big money signing's come in and not been given a chance at all? - bar a sub appearance in the Carling Cup and a start in the first game and by all accounts Tony Parkes picked that team.

No one's suggesting that he should start. But at least the lad deserves a few minutes near the end of games - if he's on the bench.

Why the denial? How can anyone suggest that MGP's treatment has not been unusual. Fine - scoff at the appearance fee 'theory' - but surely you must accept to treat a new signing as Hughes has treated MGP is not the norm.

Can you name another situation where a big money signing's come in and not been given a chance at all? - bar a sub appearance in the Carling Cup and a start in the first game and by all accounts Tony Parkes picked that team.

No one's suggesting that he should start. But at least the lad deserves a few minutes near the end of games - if he's on the bench.

In return ask yourself why he hasn't played? Hughes is under enormous pressure to succeed, both from the fans and the board (who won't be happy that a significant investment isn't even making the team). We are at the foot of the league and scrapping for every point. If Hughes thought there was any realistic chance that MGP could sway a game in our favour why wouldn't he play him? The appearance fee "theory" is shaky to say the least; from the way you paint it it sounds like if Pedersen plays exactly 6 3/4 games for us, we have to pay Tromso an extra squillion pounds or something. The reality is that any appearance fee which would kick in after a given number of games (usually a minimum of 40-50) would be as nothing next to the mathematics of relegation, so the theory just doesn't hold water. Pedersen isn't playing because he isn't ready yet. I am still waiting to see what sort of effect Hughes will have on his development; if he benefits from the increased fitness levels other players have described he may yet get his chance.

Edited by Morph

Mr. 6, if you watch the reserves so much to be able to give us those reports on how people were playing, why don't you post a report after the matches, like the others (including Flopsy) do?

I'd like to bring this point to the forefront to make sure rover6 doesn't sidestep/ignore it.

Why? Why does he have this divine right to a few minutes action? The last thing we wanted to be doing agaist Fulham was disrupting the midfield for the last 10 minutes. Your 'logic' is crap, rover6. Does Douglas deserve a few minutes here and there? What about Flitcroft? Enckleman?

Why? Why does he have this divine right to a few minutes action? The last thing we wanted to be doing agaist Fulham was disrupting the midfield for the last 10 minutes. Your 'logic' is crap, rover6. Does Douglas deserve a few minutes here and there? What about Flitcroft? Enckleman?

Because he clearly lacks Premiership experience, and he's clearly very talented. And he's our big signing, if anyone can be called that..

It doesn't matter if he comes on and scores or comes on and plays badly - you can't judge a person on 10 minutes here or there. You judge them in training and when the time is right, you put them out on the pitch and judge them there.

Also funny that one of the things I hear from Reading fans about Convey is that he shouldn't be getting the 10 minute run outs he has been as it isn't enough time to prove himself.

Exactly. EXACTLY. Talk about nail on the proverbial head. If Pedersen were playing 10 minutes here and there rover6 would be the first to say Sparky was being unfair by judging him on such small amounts of action.

Because he clearly lacks Premiership experience, and he's clearly very talented. And he's our big signing, if anyone can be called that..

We're not in a position to give anyone who's "clearly very talented" a bit of time to get used to the Premiership.

What would've happened if Busted dude had come on and sliced one into his own net? Then gifted the ball to Cole who'd equalised?

What you'd be doing is coming on here peeing and moaning about how "Gamst" had been put under too much pressure in a vital game blah blah blah.

I'm sure he's gutted not to get on at the minute, what with being 22ish and driving a beamer, crying all teh way to the bank.

"Oooooh Gamst, you're sooooooooooo hunky!"

ph34r.gif

That's utter rubbish, Bryan.

First of all, you're reacting towards me as if I was Cuidado... ohmy.gif

Secondly, Gamst isn't a Prem player just yet, but he's not bloody awful. So stop whingeing about impossible scenarioes.

Third, "we're not in a position to give anyone who's clearly very talented a bit of time" ?

We're two nil up, against a poor Fulham side with ten men. It's ten minutes left, and we're probably closer to three than Fulham are to one, not to mention two.

The crying to the bank part could be right though, his father is quoted in a Norwegian newspaper saying something like "if he feels sorry for himself not playing, he can check his bank account".

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that we brought on solid Matteo..

Edited by herbergeehh

I AM SICK OF THIS THREAD. THIS WHOLE MGP THING IS OUT OF ORDER. HE IS A LIGHTWEIGHT WHO IS NOT YET GOOD ENOUGH OR MAN ENOUGH TO PLAY IN THE PREM. hE WAS SIGNED BY THE SAME MAN WHO BROUGHT US AMO AND MATTEO.

NOW ALL YOU NORWEGIANS LET IT GOOOOO, HE WILL BE PLAYED IF AND WHEN HE IS GOOD ENOUGH NOW GIVE IT A ###### REST.

Note to Mark Hughes, FFS don't sign anymore Norwegians, they end up polluting our board wondering why thet did not make it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that we brought on solid Matteo..

A proven Premiership defender to replace a defender who was injured.

Proven to be bloody rubbish though tongue.gifwink.gif

I thought Matteo was brought on in injury time, a regular "soaking up the minutes" ploy. If so, it was hardly a tactical move. If you are going to waste time with a substitution, to try and hold a lead, you might as well put on a defender.

MGP has not only taken up too much time with this thread the amount of self-publicising he has done since signing is ridiculous, check out Sky Sports News no Blackburn Player has had more written about him this season.

Unfortunately I think he has proven to be another example of why Graeme Souness should never be allowed loose on the transfer market -well at least he is Newcastle's problem now thumbs-up.gif

I find this extremely bizarre all this angst as to why MGP isn't playing. When he did play he looked light-weight, perhaps he's worn out after the Norwegian season? Perhaps more importantly, we now have Reid and Emerton doing the business. So what's the problem? What's the big deal? Who are you going to drop for him to play?

As for giving him 10 minutes at the end of a game - that doesn't wash either. Neither Reid or Emerton look like fading in games - so why change it round? If it's not broke......

American makes a very valid point.

So, in summary, I'm not really bothered. It's not a big deal.

I've no doubt that we'll see more of him in the future but some of you need to give it a rest as you may even start turning people against him.

I AM SURE THAT WHEN MGP IMPRESSES IN THE RESERVES HE WILL BE GIVEN HIS CHANCE. UNTIL THEN KEEP HIM WELL AWAY FROM THE TEAM.

NOW CAN I CLOSE THIS THREAD UNTIL SOMETHING CHANGES?

Sorry for the large writing but hopefully it will get through

I AM SICK OF THIS THREAD. THIS WHOLE MGP THING IS OUT OF ORDER. HE IS A LIGHTWEIGHT WHO IS NOT YET GOOD ENOUGH OR MAN ENOUGH TO PLAY IN THE PREM. hE WAS SIGNED BY THE SAME MAN WHO BROUGHT US AMO AND MATTEO.

NOW ALL YOU NORWEGIANS LET IT GOOOOO, HE WILL BE PLAYED IF AND WHEN HE IS GOOD ENOUGH NOW GIVE IT A ###### REST.

Note to Mark Hughes, FFS don't sign anymore Norwegians, they end up polluting our board wondering why thet did not make it.

I can't put into words how much I admire that post.

I AM SICK OF THIS THREAD. THIS WHOLE MGP THING IS OUT OF ORDER. HE IS A LIGHTWEIGHT WHO IS NOT YET GOOD ENOUGH OR MAN ENOUGH TO PLAY IN THE PREM. hE WAS SIGNED BY THE SAME MAN WHO BROUGHT US

The same man who signed Emerton, Ferguson, Dickov, Thompson as well?

I have to wholeheartedly agree with herbergeehh on this one, we were pissing all over Fulham and there was really next to no chance of them bringing it to 2-2. We have a very talented player in Morten-Gamst and although I'm not as passionate about him as cuidado, I do rate him and think he deserves a few 10-20 mins in a first-team match, especially in a match like our last, when we were dominating.

And Matteo being a "proven premiership defender" is the best joke I have encountered all week...I salute you! laugh.gif