BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Striker Signs!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t agree Bryan… Souness came out and said he wanted to keep Yorke at Rovers.

Why has he not given Jansen same chance?

Anyway, question: How many loan signings that Souness has made been any good?

Answer: NONE

e.g. Dino 'stand in the centre circle and watch' Baggio & Martin 'scared of tackling but look like Becks so its ok' Andresen

I'm sure all the recent praise about Yorke was just us trying to smoke out a couple of simpleminded managers to go after him. It worked and I'm happy to see him leave!

I NEVER put anyting into what Souness is telling the media anymore, there is no connection between his words and actions..

Absolutely. And if that's what got shut of lazy arse good on Souey. I'm not Souness's biggest fan but I trust him enough to say the right things to the right people and I'm afraid that sometimes means keeping the fans in the dark a bit. Did anybody have any idea we were in for Bothroyd until about 12 last night ?

Gresko came on loan and I dont remember anyone complain about him in his first season. In fact if I remember correct everyone was begging Souness to buy him.

This is very true and I was one of those people. I dont count him as a first team player but very good for back up.

I say we just give Jay a fair crack and if he is poo then at least we havent splashed the cash and can send him back

Good work from Souey me thinks

I NEVER put anyting into what Souness is telling the media anymore, there is no connection between his words and actions..

Krislu

You could be spot on here

So Souness saying we have the strongest squad he has had and that he is making us harder to beat with is completely baffling formations is totally a load of codswallop - just what alot of us suspected really

So how can anybody really believe what he says nowadays unlike ' the believers' on here or has he really lost his marbles in that he doesn't know what he is talking about himself? withstupid.gif

Fantastic signing.

The guy is young, athletic, skilful and fast. Doesn't mean he's going to be a world beater, but at least it gives him a headstart from Yorke who couldn't boast any of those attributes.

His time in Italy would only have improved his technique and hopefully his ill-discipline problems are in the past.

He'll provide an option of a striker who can hold the ball up. If Stead get's injured, we need someone to do his link play.

Flopsy: I understand where you're coming from but if we were to abandon the trivialties of Western life to concentrate on the sufferings of others, we would be trapped in perpetual mourning. Jay Bothroyd signing pales into insignificance to most things going on - but as long as you've got your priorities right in your head, I don't see why you can't talk about it.

Edited by rover6

Oh for gawd's sakes, he was always trying to get Yorke out of the door. He was hardly going to say: "Yorke is a workshy toothy ukelele-fiddler who's no use to anyone, he's history here." was he? Because it would hardly have had clubs queueing up for him, would it?

Come on, Souness has been here 4 years now, you should know how he plays the game.

Or are you just seeking a good moan ("Blackburnitis")?

PS: How can a player brought in on loan be a "panic buy"?! unsure.gif

A beacon of sense in an increasingly thickening fog of football ignorance. Thank you Bryan.

I don't think any of us really know how this signing is going to work out. By all means he has the attributes to be a decent prem footballer, but his style of play and perceived attitude does worry me.

Rovers fans are a lovely, but fickle bunch and we certainly love a striker that chases lost causes, which Jay must now learn to do. He also cannot afford to look p*ssed off at any point in the game, or God forbid smile!

I think ultimately it's the quality of our strikers that will make or break our season. It's no real loss that Yorke has gone, but for me the decision to sell Cole (whether it was Souey's or not) and bring in 2, less proven footballers will determine Souey's fate.

"I would like to dip your bald head in oil and rub it all over my body"

Anyone?

Seinfield...but whats the connection?

A reference to the extremely shiny, gandhi-esque dome of our new signing shown in the picture above my previous post. If nothing else the sun reflecting off his melon should blind opposing defenders (or it would if the sun ever came out in England smile.gif).

We can still make out of cotract signings can't we? I Know it reduces the options a bit, but Wiltord was in that boat... Also we picked up Sukur on that score didn't we? Ok things went sour with him but at the time most people were happy with his signing

Bothroyd lost his place last season to Fabrizio Ravanelli !!!!

Says it all....

mad.gif  (get a grip Souness)

Also scored 10 goals in a team that has had endless problems and went down.... Could do well for us then! Just because a manager picks ravanelli doesn't mean he is better?!?! Reputation has alot to do with it! I mean we got baggio, yorke, cole on reputation, look how that turned out! unsure.gif (get a grip super)

Edited by modes98

Fantastic signing.

The guy is young, athletic, skilful and fast. Doesn't mean he's going to be a world beater, but at least it gives him a headstart from Yorke who couldn't boast any of those attributes.

His time in Italy would only have improved his technique and hopefully his ill-discipline problems are in the past.

He'll provide an option of a striker who can hold the ball up. If Stead get's injured, we need someone to do his link play.

Flopsy: I understand where you're coming from but if we were to abandon the trivialties of Western life to concentrate on the sufferings of others, we would be trapped in perpetual mourning. Jay Bothroyd signing pales into insignificance to most things going on - but as long as you've got your priorities right in your head, I don't see why you can't talk about it.

rover6, just what is going on with you? You are really starting to sound like a true blueblooded Rovers fan. The last two signings we have made could be described as marginal at best. For some reason you are full of optimism and positives on both of them. What's caused the turnaround, you change your diet, vitamins, what?

Anyway good on you. From reading articles this fella could well be a big hit or a super flop, we won't know until we give him a chance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.