BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers 1 Vs 0 Portsmouth

Bryan- Souness isn't our manager any more!

Hey no more games of "guess the formation" or "decide who he's going to substitute- ALWAYS the best player" We might have to rely on great wins and performances for entertainment- won't that be novel!

Great preview Bob. A very good read despite being slightly overshadowed by what has been happening off the field and the sudden wave of optimism that it has generated. (Nothing much you could have done about that though – how could you have predicted the re-opening of The Moorings?!) It brought back some great memories and the realization that a large number the members of this messageboard weren’t even born made me feel very old. Thanks for that!

I’m really looking forward to tomorrow’s game with all that’s happened this week (as well as The Moorings re-opening, Rovers have apparently appointed a new manager!!). As Bob said in his preview, there should be a brilliant atmosphere (although I expect a few empty seats with the assassination having been cancelled) and I think that will inspire the team onto a convincing 2-1 win.

Supersport 2

Multivision 8 (Delay 19:25)

ART Sport 2 (Delay 21:30)

Supersport 3SA (Delay 22:30)

are all showing the Blackburn match this Saturday.

Anyone know if its possible to watch any of those on the internet?

Edited by krislu

Glad you liked it Sox. I could have re-written that preview three times this week (if I had time, OK it would have been a lot shorter, which is probably a good thing). It's been extremely eventful over the last few days and I totally agree, a wave of optimism is quite rightly evident.

I think the vast majority of people are genuinely excited about tomorrow's match - many (including me) for the first time in ages. I'm glad everyone is talking about the game and the new manager and a new start for our club.

However, there's also the "Blackburn Hooligan Joke!" thread to read if anyone want's a little light relief from all this Blackburn Rovers stuff.

Blackburn (from): Friedel, Enckelman, Dickov, Douglas, Amoruso, Tugay, Emerton, Ferguson, Flitcroft, De Pedro, Gresko, Gray, Jansen, Johansson, Matteo, Neill, Short, Stead, Pedersen, Bothroyd, Gallagher.

Isn't that the whole squad anyway except those who are injured huh.gif

Is Gally healthy again?

I'm wondering if the real reason for him being frozen out has to do with the new kit maker. Lonsdale might not appreciate the loyalty he showed for Kappa by kissing their badge after scoring against Chelski.

I can't see us getting anything less than a win from this, I'm going for 3-1.

Team:

Friedel

Neill    Amoruso    Matteo    Gray

Emerton   Ferguson   Tugay  De Pedro

Stead    Dickov

Hopefully Jansen will get a game at some point too.

Guest ManyMiles

Excellent preview bob fleming. Brought back many memories. I was there too and was sent into orbit later by the MOTD coverage. My young eyes clearly did not see the match through my blue tinted specs in the same way as JH. It was the one and only time I have been moved to write and complain. To JH's credit he did take the time to write back to me. A full sheet of A4, pointing out the error of my ways. Despite the strength of my blue and white argument he would not back down, so for me he will always be Beelzebub with the big chin.

ive got to be postive, what with the new manager. I think it will be a 3-1 Rovers win in front of around 21,000. I hope for a sensible tean from Sparky and will be interested in MGP performance, this is his first real game in which Blackburn should have at least 50% of the posession and are under pressure to get forward, which should give him a bettr chance. De pedro needs another go to.

i sooooooooo want this to be a win, but it all just seems a little too much, too soon to hope that all our troubles are over.

i feel really bad bout this, but i can only see a defeat unless we can get some kind of defensive formation sorted out. Fair enough we kept manyoo at bay for long periods, but in all our other games their have been big gaps between the midfield and defense and far too many mistakes.

Portsmouth wont be the greatest in defence and i believe we can get at them, but the pace they posess on the break, scares the living daylights out of me.

I pray this is wrong

Rovers 1 - 2 Pompey

Stead - Yakubu x 2

I can't see us getting anything less than a win from this, I'm going for 3-1.

Team:

Friedel

Neill    Amoruso    Matteo    Gray

Emerton   Ferguson   Tugay  De Pedro

Stead    Dickov

Hopefully Jansen will get a game at some point too.

Really hope we play that team! and Stead to start his scoring run off. 2-0 Rovers- Stead (2)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.