BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

Nice to see Dunny there today supporting his hometown club, the same one he will return to in January (fitness permitting).

Unlike some, Dunny is a true supporter. He'll be back- as soon as he can. Definitely in June, but in January if he possibly can.

And it wasn't good business. He'd have been fit a lot more for us than he has been for Brum- there's no doubt. He's honing his fitness for us now- it hasn't mattered to him until he can come home. Maybe it is unprofessional but he doesn't care about Brum.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don`t care if he is a true supporter.

Is he a good enough player? In my opinion, no. He is to slow for the prem and we all know about his injury problems. Don`t get me wrong, I love the guy to bits and the year we got promoted he was awseome along with Jansen and Duff.

However, that was in a lower league.

He is to heavy and to slow.

Unlike some, Dunny is a true supporter. He'll be back- as soon as he can. Definitely in June, but in January if he possibly can.

And it wasn't good business. He'd have been fit a lot more for us than he has been for Brum- there's no doubt. He's honing his fitness for us now- it hasn't mattered to him until he can come home. Maybe it is unprofessional but he doesn't care about Brum.

Hold on!!

I remember when he was sold to Brum you said he'd be a fitter and better player away from Rovers as Souness' training methods bore some responsibility for his poor fitness and injuries!!

And if "he's honing his fitness for us now" - why didn't he bother five years ago if he cares so much about the club he supports?

I'll repeat the type of arrangement he should return to - if at all:

If Dunn ever comes back to Rovers it should be under the following conditions :

(1) Only on a free

(2) With a zero signing on fee

(3) On a pay-as-you-play deal for the first 6 months, with the carrot of a 12 month incentive-based contract if he knuckles down and performs in those first 6 months.

That's the only way we'll find out how much he really wants to feature at the top level for this football club. Let's face it - he's meant to be a fan like the rest of us. And the rest of us would play for nowt if we could.

Hold on!!

I remember when he was sold to Brum you said he'd be a fitter and better player away from Rovers as Souness' training methods bore some responsibility for his poor fitness and injuries!!

And if "he's honing his fitness for us now" - why didn't he bother five years ago if he cares so much about the club he supports?

I'll repeat the type of arrangement he should return to - if at all:

How disappointing it must be to find that someone that you were so vested in was a corrupt individual whose only motivation while at the club was to see how much of a bung he could get for each of the players he off-loaded- allegedly. At least it makes sense at last that he was so keen to get rid of Duff- something that a few members of this board pointed out was nonsensical at the time!!!

How disappointing it must be to find that someone that you were so vested in was a corrupt individual whose only motivation while at the club was to see how much of a bung he could get for each of the players he off-loaded- allegedly. At least it makes sense at last that he was so keen to get rid of Duff- something that a few members of this board pointed out was nonsensical at the time!!!

And as for Dunn's fitness or suitability for a return to Ewood Park?

I think you need at least one more "allegedly" in there by the way - possibly two.

He's been fit since the start of the season. Best guess is he'll be fit (as I'm sure he's told Hughesy) until he comes home.

It's just so nice that yet again Mark Hughes and I see eye to eye on another decision by our ex-manager. I SO like Mark Hughes.

No more allegedlies necessary. The first one covers the whole first sentence.

A corrupt individual who won promotion, Worthy Cup and sixth place. Your hero has just a cup to go to catch up.

Yes, it went bad in the end, but most without sectarian grudges would take the good with the bad, considering it also got us a couple mil and a great manager to replace him.

He's been fit since the start of the season. Best guess is he'll be fit (as I'm sure he's told Hughesy) until he comes home.

It's just so nice that yet again Mark Hughes and I see eye to eye on another decision by our ex-manager. I SO like Mark Hughes.

No more allegedlies necessary. The first one covers the whole first sentence.

What makes you think that Hughes agrees?

Its funny, if you'd asked me at the start of the season whether we should have kept Emerton id have said no sell him, but now it seems like he has become an important first team player, and quality on the right of defence.

Heck why dont we put Peter on the left of defence, maybe we can have another midfielder make the change to defence and be class!! JOKE

Anyway, id love to see Dunn come back to Ewood for the right price as i think he still has allot of potential...! although i do think we should get another central creative midfielder in the next window!!

• 1 month later...

The commentator about summed it up when he said "once david dunn left the pitch birmingham looked dangerous". But that didn't last long as by the sounds of it they were outclassed in the second half and only won due to a 20yarder with a massive deflection!

The commentator about summed it up when he said "once david dunn left the pitch birmingham looked dangerous".

I was watching Sky this week when Birmingham were playing Norwich. Paul Merson was watching the game, and he said that Dunn was head and shoulders above anyone else in the Birmingham team.

I have said it before and I will say it again, the question mark over Dunn is not his ability but his fitness.

I heard from a very reliable chap that Rovers put in four bids for Dunn at the start of this season. All were turned down by Steve Bruce. Bruce told Dunn, who is very keen on a Rovers return, to give him 6 months. With his contract up next summer it is believed that it is now only a matter of time before Dunn is back at Rovers.

I heard from a very reliable chap that Rovers put in four bids for Dunn at the start of this season. All were turned down by Steve Bruce. Bruce told Dunn, who is very keen on a Rovers return, to give him 6 months. With his contract up next summer it is believed that it is now only a matter of time before Dunn is back at Rovers.

Rovers had an offer rejected by Big Club on transfer window day. and that was confirmed by Dunn.

We need a replacement lined up for the departure of Toogs. Rovers are different class when Tugay plays, I'm worried that we'll be without the playmaker and Dunny could be it.

Personally I don't see Dunny in Tugay's role. He is much better in the final third where he can use his dribbling ability to greater affect.

My biggest question mark against Dunn is his lack of pace - especially when paried in a two man centre midfield. However I have faith in MH.

I can see us losing Neill for a minimal fee in January - but in similar circumstances, signing Dunn for much less than the £2m we offered at the end of the last transfer window.

MH has done wonders with players with far less talent than Dunn - so maybe he is the manager to make him into the international star that many tipped him to be following his u21 goal against Holland.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.