• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would play

friedel

neil todd zurab gray

gally bentley savage MGP

mccarthy roberts

That must be one of the most lightweight midfield combination I've ever seen.

Agreed, krislu, but as hard as I try I can't see any other way around it (assuming Emerton and Reid aren't fit to play, as has been indicated).

The only other option I could see would be MGP on the right and Peter on the left -- that's certainly a stretch, and it does nothing to address the problem of the midfield being too lightweight. Unless of course we want to give Mokoena or Douglas a run in the center. Hell, we could favor the classic Souness approach: play Douglas on the left, Matteo and Martin Andresen in the middle and Flitcroft on the right.

Needless to say I'll be interested to see how Hughes chooses to play it tomorrow.

Edited by Philly Rover ®

The only other option I could see would be MGP on the right and Peter on the left -- that's certainly a stretch, and it does nothing to address the problem of the midfield being too lightweight.

I actually quite like that for some reason, would also inject some pace into the midfield.

I'm always the optimist with Rovers, but this season it's more a confidence thing with Mark Hughes and his team and I feel genuinely excited about the season ahead.

I think ortsmouth are a poor team and surely the atmosphere can't be good when Uncle 'Arry is trying to sign everyone under theu, and failing.

2-1 Rovers for me.

All predictions far have been taken, and quite a lot of you have made predictions prompting my wife asking what the hell I've been doing for the last hour!

Portsmouth played really well at the end of last season and added 4 or 5 players

Rovers struggling with injuries

1 1

Roberts

This could and should work to Rovers advantage as these new players have to learn to gel together yet. Whereas Rovers are going with two new stikers that have already got a good understanding of each others play.

Pompey 1 - Rovers 2

getting nervous/excited... can't wait for it all to start. 3 points today will get us up & running nicely!

Brad to keep a clean sheet & a new name on the score sheet.................GAMST!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by TROOPER

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.