• Grooby gets a freebie anyway

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a few comparisons for people to consider. OUR TICKET for adults £199

Charlton - Lowest Adult ticket - £240 in the family stand

Preston - Lowest Adult Ticket - £390

Blackpool - Lowest Adult Ticket - £360

Crewe - Lowest Adult Ticket - £280 (League 2)

Just a few comparisons for people to consider. OUR TICKET for adults £199

Charlton - Lowest Adult ticket - £240 in the family stand

Preston - Lowest Adult Ticket - £390

Blackpool - Lowest Adult Ticket - £360

Crewe - Lowest Adult Ticket - £280 (League 2)

Read earlier we are cheaper than Boston Utd in the Conference/Unibond whatever.

Cheaper than Barrow also who play in the Vodkat First Division

GREAT DEAL

I will be renewing my seat, although it will be a shared one, with my ma and sister, coz Im off to play Saturday afternoon football, but whenever I'm not playing I'll be there!

Hope the fans react accordingly or we could all be left with a very sour taste in our mouths.

Like Bobsterbrfc said earlier, if your a proper Rovers fan you will get a ticket, none of this its too expensive rubbish.

For the record three weeks on the dole = season ticket in the Darwen End

I think the sell out of 3 games for £20 this seaon genuinely caught the club and this MB by very pleasant surprise.

Let's hope the club is rewarded by the peasant surprise extending to ST sales.

My gut feel is the Darwen End lower might prove the most difficult to sell despite being the cheapest but that the 20k objective could be reached.

Votes on this MB about buying intentions have actually been pretty good indicators in the past in that they have been consistently around 3% worse than the actual result. Let's see what the %ages here are when well over 200 have voted.

PS pin this thread?

One of the new buyers will be me. I don't expect I'll be able to make more than 3 or 4 home games next season, but I think the club needs to be rewarded for such a move. Great to see.

2008/09 - Blackburn End £299 - Riverside £249 - JW Wings £349 - JW Centre £399

2009/10 - Blackburn End £199 - Riverside £199 - JW Wings £299 - JW Centre £349

Two years earlier the Blackburn End was dearer than what the JW Centre is now.

On here someone incorrectly posted Seniors/Young Adult prices for the Blackburn End, they are £149. It is £129 in the Riverside.

Oh and whilst I remember, don't throw your cards away after Sunday!

Lee

Just for completeness sake, any chance of a historic comparison since returning to the Premiership? (Or if you are really up to a challenge, since the inception of the Premiership!)

One of the new buyers will be me. I don't expect I'll be able to make more than 3 or 4 home games next season, but I think the club needs to be rewarded for such a move. Great to see.

That's just it thouh Eddie. If you normally get to 3 or 4 games or could if you tried, then it makes economic sense to get a ST. If those 4 games happen to be big match ones you'd almost have paid the same anyway and if you or someone else goes on your ticket to another couple you are quids in.

I do have one minor concern, mainly based on some of the comments on here.

I hope that this isn't such a no-brainer, cost-wise, that people don't just buy a season ticket and don't go to loads of games.

The club have taken a massive gamble with the objective being to fill the ground every week. It'd be disappointing if we reach 20,000 S/T holders and still have loads of empty seats on a matchday.

Congrats to the club there are some serious deals here, I just hope it works as they are the cheapest tickets I've ever seen. I'm curious as its something I'll get asked if I suggest some students attend, do they get student discount???? are there age restrictions???

Here's hoping we get some new ticket holders through this initiative.

Overall - pleased with this initiative. But disappointed that the JW prices are so comparatively high.

Though can't attend all matches - almost defintely buy a ST if can get a decent seat in BBE - not so sure I will get one if I can't get decent seat.

A smaller price differential for JW (say £250) - and I would probably have got one in there.

I do have one minor concern, mainly based on some of the comments on here.

I hope that this isn't such a no-brainer, cost-wise, that people don't just buy a season ticket and don't go to loads of games.

The club have taken a massive gamble with the objective being to fill the ground every week. It'd be disappointing if we reach 20,000 S/T holders and still have loads of empty seats on a matchday.

I think when people have ST they are more likely to attend than when you have to go through the pain of organising a ticket. I agree there will be a number that don't attend 100% - but they will still attend more than if they were buying tickets for individual matches.

I think the prices are spot on - If you want to sit in the 'prawn sandwich' stand with the best view then you should expect to pay more. £299 is the cheapest adult ticket over there or £349 for the centre. It is only £20 dearer in the wings for seniors/ kids/ young adults than it is for them in the blackburn end.

That is also a bargain, seriously the club couldnt do much more, other than maybe wipe your ass.

Bobby G - The target is 19-20k season ticket holders for this to be classed as a success.

Just read a piece in today's Mirror where Nicko quotes Burnley's Barry Kilby.

Apparently their 'free season' ticket bribe (whereby supporters hand over cash early with the promise of a refund should Burnley get into the Premier League) was in response to ticketing offers at other local clubs (i.e. Us).

Apparently it's easy to offer discounts with TV money coming in. I'd say it's a lot easier to make promises based on a very low probability gamble.

I'd love to know what they are charging those who will have to pay and how it'll effect overall sales. People on here are put out that their tickets aren't reduced enough, imagine if some of the fans were there for free!

Well done though Nicko in confirming that our 6 fingered friends are still trying to emulate us. I have to wonder though, will you still be posting on here if you're mate's team do ( * shudder * ) get promoted?

Bloody hell. Nice one Eddie. That's fantastic support.

I think the prices are spot on - If you want to sit in the 'prawn sandwich' stand with the best view then you should expect to pay more. £299 is the cheapest adult ticket over there or £349 for the centre. It is only £20 dearer in the wings for seniors/ kids/ young adults than it is for them in the blackburn end.

If they did prawn sandwiches I might sit there. It'd still cost the same as my season ticket in the BBE 2 years ago.

Apparently it's easy to offer discounts with TV money coming in. I'd say it's a lot easier to make promises based on a very low probability gamble.

Relatively speaking, it is. We'd be in deep doo-doo if we got relegated.

Just to agree with a previously voiced concern regarding empty seats.

Although I have had a season ticket for over 30 years, I had already decided that I wouldn't be renewing my 2 tickets next season due to new weekend comitments with the family. We would be attending the odd evening game when work comitments allowed.

However, the new prices mean that we could buy season tickets, only attend the 6/7 games as expected, still be quids-in and have that all-important priority for WHEN we get to a Cup Final. This means that my seats will be empty for the other 12/13 games.

I have already spoken with 2 other people who are in the same postion as me. They are sorely tempted to buy tickets knowing they will only be able to attend no more than half of the matches.

If this is mirrored by several '000 other new season ticket buyers the ground would still be half empty. Exactly NOT the result this wonderful initiative deserves.

John Williams will have thought about this possibility and deserves to be applauded for his bravery in still presenting the new pricing structure.

I'm sure that the idea of high match day prices is to get around the Premier League rule which says that away fans can only be charged the same prices as home supporters if housed in similar seating. Therefore whatever we charge our "Walk-Up" fans in the Blackburn End we have to charge United fans in the Darwen End. If we manage to fill the BBE with season ticket holders we can then charge the mancs whatever we want in the DE.

Even if people are only going to make half the games - you can still offer your tickets to mates or whatever cant you? Let them go for free if you cant make it - let someone else use your ticket, like you say, your still quids in.

Seriously the more that buy, the better, regardless of you attending 9 or 19 games.

Even if people are only going to make half the games - you can still offer your tickets to mates or whatever cant you? Let them go for free if you cant make it - let someone else use your ticket, like you say, your still quids in.

Seriously the more that buy, the better, regardless of you attending 9 or 19 games.

Precisely what we've done this year. We've had my son's season ticket and most weekends either he or my daughter has come home (train fare offset by getting your mum cooking for you and enough to take back and eat for the next few days, free washing and ironing service and even a meal out most times they come home) When neither of them comes home we either leave the seat empty or we take an elderly man we know who would not normally buy a ticket to go on his own and can't have a season ticket because his doctor does not allow him to go if the weather is cold and he'd miss more games than he got to with our climate. Club gets the money and relatively frequently the seat is occupied. Have even taken friends of the kids sometimes when the kids are not there. Not only that but having a season ticket means that the kids have come home from Uni and brought their friends from there who have bought tickets thus swelling the coffers.

Well done Eddie. I feel the same as you, the club deserve my money for making such a fantastic move.

We've stayed up, we've got a decent manager now, and the Ince debacle is behind us. Mr Williams, you are forgiven.

If this deal get the 'casual' fan to get a season ticket it could work perfect, many people go three or four times a year (Man u, Boxing day, First, last game of season) but still live within or very close to blackburn. If they decided it was worth it based on them 4 games alone, then hopefully as they have a ticket for every game, they will attend 10 + games over a season.

If rovers sell the amount they need, no matter if those new season ticket holders dont turn up every week, its win/win

When i was younger (first ever Season) I used a guys who went with my dad but worked abroad a lot, The ticket was used every game!

Archived