BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Leyton Orient

cn174

As you progress in a competition it is normally reasonable to expect interest to increase. Would you not agree?

Are you stalking me?

There are all sorts of reasons. There is also the potential it isn't true (not saying lies, just maybe she doesn't know exactly how it'll be).

Nope, I'm on here at the moment and replying to things that are being said. This being a forum this is what tends to happen. You are aware of the nature of a forum yes? We appear to be online at the same time. SPOOKY!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been to 99% of the League Cup matches in recent years (only missed Liverpool in 04 and Huddersfield in 05).

Attendance is usually poor, no matter who the owner or manager is!

Sheffield Wednesday probably brought 500-1000 last round, I doubt Leyton Orient will even bring 250.

In all honesty the attendance could be just me provided we get through!

I'd expect - [Assuming Dunn, Nelsen, Salgado and Formica are injured. Samba to be rested]

Bunn

Lowe-Hanley-Givet-Olsson

Simon-Petrovic-Grella-Rochina

Roberts-Goodwillie

Dann-Yakubu-Ribeiro-Morris-Robinson-N'Zonzi-Hoilett

Don't recall ever watching a Rovers game against Orient. They are bottom of League One, so should see us in round 4 after this and with a couple of favourable draws we may be in with a shout of yet another semi final.

I remember the great Johnny Carey getting Orient promoted to the old First Division in the early 1960's. They went straight back down again. I went to the game at Ewood, typical Rovers we were playing really well at the time but never got going for this game and let them escape with a 1-1 draw.

For the old timers on here - Rovers v Orient Dec 1st 1962

Team

Else

Bray

Newton

Clayton

Woods

Mc Grath

Ferguson

Lawther

Pickering

Douglas

Harrison 1g

I can still remember the goal , It was a typical Harrison thunderbolt of a cross shot from off the left wing, The goalie never saw it.

I remember the great Johnny Carey getting Orient promoted to the old First Division in the early 1960's. They went straight back down again. I went to the game at Ewood, typical Rovers we were playing really well at the time but never got going for this game and let them escape with a 1-1 draw.

I'd completely forgotten about Johnny Carey's involvement with them-I'm pretty sure I'll have gone to the match.

Reading through the preview reminded me of one heart breaking away match.

We lost something like 5-0 towards Christmas 1957.

Tommy Jonhston(sp?) scored a lot of goals. We signed him and he helped us get promoted.

Been to 99% of the League Cup matches in recent years (only missed Liverpool in 04 and Huddersfield in 05).

Attendance is usually poor, no matter who the owner or manager is!

Sheffield Wednesday probably brought 500-1000 last round, I doubt Leyton Orient will even bring 250.

In all honesty the attendance could be just me provided we get through!

I'd expect - [Assuming Dunn, Nelsen, Salgado and Formica are injured. Samba to be rested]

Bunn

Lowe-Hanley-Givet-Olsson

Simon-Petrovic-Grella-Rochina

Roberts-Goodwillie

Dann-Yakubu-Ribeiro-Morris-Robinson-N'Zonzi-Hoilett

Did you go Celtic away? :D

I'd completely forgotten about Johnny Carey's involvement with them-I'm pretty sure I'll have gone to the match.

Reading through the preview reminded me of one heart breaking away match.

We lost something like 5-0 towards Christmas 1957.

Tommy Jonhston(sp?) scored a lot of goals. We signed him and he helped us get promoted.

I think Johnny Carey left Orient when they were relegated and built another really good side at Notts Forest, the Joe Baker, Terry Hennessey, Frank Wignall team.

Always support the team mum, just annoys me when the protesters have been called scum,scumbags , idiots etc by people who don't go to ewood.

I called them idiots and I go to Ewood every other week.

If it's 10-15 games into the season and we are in a relegation battle, then having a protest is understandable. Having one 4 games in is stupid, and those that organised it, need a hard long look at themselves for making us the laughing stock in the media, and in Lancashire.

Looking forward to see some of the youngsters in action tomorrow. Missed the Sheff Wed game as I was away on holiday. Did the young lad in reserves Cotton? get a run out?

2-0 victory i think, i'd line up with this.

GK: Bunn

DR: Lowe

DL: Morris

DC: Hanley

DC: Samba

MR: Simon

ML: Olsson

MC: Petrovic

MC: Grella

FW: Goodwillie/Slew

FW: Roberts

but mainly give Givet a rest, the bloke has been given the run around for the last 2 weeks and needs a break. if fit, goodwillie starts but if not id see what slew has to offer. i'd like to see Cotton on the bench and possibly a run out if the game is signed,sealed and delivered.

keep roberts well away, as if he scores a hatrick (unlikely i know) then that will give kean an excuse to start him in the next game, im there tommorow so hoping for a few goals and a good display.

What is it with all the fans wishing for negative things to happen to our players/team as a whole/manager.

Bizarre times.

Surely with Yakubu being a little off full fitness it would be good to give Roberts some time so if he is used he might actually be more useful. Not to mention that that would be a guaranteed three goals tomorrow and probable progression to the next round.

lets put strong team out and get through. Theres a couple of all prem ties so with a bit of luck we might do well

Don't agree there matey. If we can't beat these with the players we've got on the fringes they shouldn't be at the club. Do you want to chance Robbo getting a broken arm or Samba/Dann/ Hoilett/ollsen getting a broken leg ? I don't.

Will be there tomorrow night in the Riverside stand for a change, always enjoy these cup games I would like to see us come out with a similar team to the Sheffield Wednesday game with the exception of having Ribeiro and Vukcevic start.

If we can start in a similar vein to the previous round we should have the game pretty much sewn up in the first half.

4-0 (Rochina, Roberts, Olsson and one of the three to get a brace) Att. 7,635.

COYB :brfcsmilie:

According to a Leyton Orient site, they have sold around 450 tickets. Hard to predict the attendance but have a feeling it will be lower than the Sheff Weds one.

I can't see anything but a comfortable victory for Rovers and hopefully another kind draw to follow. I'll be in my old Riverside seat with the DE being closed.

Don't agree there matey. If we can't beat these with the players we've got on the fringes they shouldn't be at the club. Do you want to chance Robbo getting a broken arm or Samba/Dann/ Hoilett/ollsen getting a broken leg ? I don't.

I want us through as quick as possible then subs. Play weak side and it could be 120 mins

I'd like to see Roberts, Salgado and Hanley given the opportunity to play themselves into a bit of form. Likewise I think the match provides Formica, Rochina, Petrovic and Vukcevic with the chance to bed themselves further into their new environment without the pressure of Premier League points at stake.

I think Robinson, Hoilet, Olsson, Yakubu, Samba and Dann need to be taken out of the firing line as it could be a near disaster to lose any of those for Saturday.

As we have an issue at left back that seemingly cant be addressed without a loan or the next transfer window, how about Ramm or Henley in that berth? (I'm sure one of them is a left back but I cant remember which one! :blush: )

Forgot Josh Morris :blush:

Archived