BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Replay tickets

ST holders have another three days to claim their own seats - Sunday 22nd March. I'd guess your seat doesn't show as available unless you try to buy it?

We can't be sold out or near it if ST holders have another three days. I've got my tickets plus four data base but I'd be unhappy if I discovered my ST seats had already gone to someone else when the club is advertising the claim your own deadline as Sunday.

I would assume that if you've gone to the ticket office, told them your customer number and bought tickets somewhere other than your ST seats, that the system would release your ST seats for general sale. I bought an extra couple and we moved seats so that we can all sit together. I would expect that my seats would now be available for open sale. I can't think of a good reason why someone would buy some seats elsewhere and then want to go back and also buy their ST seats in a separate transaction.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't think of a good reason why someone would buy some seats elsewhere and then want to go back and also buy their ST seats in a separate transaction.

I can and did!

Tom and I obviously have STs and I got those Monday. My other two lads plus two others who I used to take as kids, all now live away and don't have STs, want to go and asked if I could get the tickets. Because I used to take these kids with me I always bought the tickets and so I am the one with the database history. At the time we never thought it would have a knock on effect in later years. Our STs are both in Tom's name and these days, as Tom holds the STs, I am a database fan and therefore couldn't buy the extra four till Wednesday. I wasn't allowed to buy the extra four on Monday.

As our STs reflect Tom's disability our position might be somewhat unique but all the information I read, including online when I tried to buy via the website, showed it was one per ST and then database purchase from Wednesday onwards. On that basis I can't see how an ST holder could have purchased additional tickets until Wednesday?

The website would only allow me to buy one per ST in Tom's name but in my name I could buy four as a database fan.

your assessment doesn't hold true compared to what I've seen on the computer in the ticket office. I'd say maybe late 20's...kids for a fiver is very good value and there will be a lot of dads with about 4 or 5 kids who want to see "Sterling and all that..."

Lets hope so. Lets get ewood rocking and cause a massive upset

I don't think any season ticket holder has been able to buy extra tickets until Wednesday - that's when I bought mine. That also explains why it was so busy on Wednesday as lots of other people were in the same position as me.

In your case Paul, your ST seats have been bought by you so will never have been on open sale. I assume that as soon as I bought my 5 tickets (3 STs and 2 extra) elsewhere than my normal seats, that those seats would have been released on general sale. My point in the earlier post was I couldn't see why anyone would buy some seats on general sale and then go back later and buy their own ST seats. In your case it was the other way round. I don't think in this case Tom's disability affected anything - I don't think that even if you had held your own ST that you could have bought extras until Wednesday. If I'm wrong then the system's wrong and I'll raise it.

ST holders have another three days to claim their own seats - Sunday 22nd March. I'd guess your seat doesn't show as available unless you try to buy it?

We can't be sold out or near it if ST holders have another three days. I've got my tickets plus four data base but I'd be unhappy if I discovered my ST seats had already gone to someone else when the club is advertising the claim your own deadline as Sunday.

Mine and my mates are shown as taken and it won't let me buy them on there. Like I say I've had to run the risk as wasn't 100% sure I could make it so I can't complain. However I don't see how they can say ST's have till Sunday to claim their own seats and then sell them before. I'll find out in person tomorrow but something doesn't look right.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/season-tickets-blackburn-rovers-fa-cup-liverpool-2347177.aspx?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=Sendible&utm_campaign=RSS

"Season ticket holders are reminded that they have until the end of this weekend to secure their own seats for the FA Cup quarter-final replay against Liverpool."

Mine and my mates are shown as taken and it won't let me buy them on there. Like I say I've had to run the risk as wasn't 100% sure I could make it so I can't complain. However I don't see how they can say ST's have till Sunday to claim their own seats and then sell them before. I'll find out in person tomorrow but something doesn't look right.

Presumably ST seats have to be shown as occupied to stop general purchasers buying them. I suspect there is something wrong with the online system stopping you from buying them, but they should still be reserved for you.

Presumably ST seats have to be shown as occupied to stop general purchasers buying them. I suspect there is something wrong with the online system stopping you from buying them, but they should still be reserved for you.

Ok cheers. Maybe it just doesn't recognise St holders from non when you log in or it could be a security measure. I'll sort it tomorrow in person. Wonder if they'll do a bit of discount for cash.. :tu:

i fell into this trap before with the online ordering tickets , there are 2 options "choose seats" and "quick seats" .... quick seats allows you to select your own season ticket seats ... choose seats means you can select seats anywhere in the ground except your own season ticket seats

I think there is some misinformation out there.

I bought all 7 tickets for my ST holding pals as soon as they went on sale. I then purchased a further 3 tickets for my brother and nephews using my own ST without any problem whatsoever. The only issue that I encountered was the fact that there are still ST holders who still have time to claim their own seats. Of the other who I purchased tickets for (ST holders) a further two of them have purchased a further 5 tickets using their own ST as data base purchasers.

So, if you are a ST holder you shouldn't have any problem buying tickets other than some of the seats you want may yet to be claimed by ST holders.

My own crowd prediction based on current sale (nearly 12k as of 1440hrs PLUS 7250 from scouse FC) is 26000 PLUS.

Is it likely that once the weekend is over a lot more free seats will be available when looking online? I am wanting 2 for me and my dad in the Blackburn End Lower but there isn't many left. But just thinking some of the ST holders in there may have bought tickets elsewhere?

Surprise, surprise (see what I did there?), corporate has flown out of the window, one 10 seat box left, opened the Clayton/Douglas suite, the money is flying in. Fully expect minimum 25,000. Where have you been all season whilst I've been watching sh*te!!

When we play Liverpool at Ewood most of the corporate sales are to Liverpool companies and fans.

I should know given every time they have played here I have been invited (I worked in Liverpool until recently). Last time I was the only Rovers fan on a table of 12.

I also expect a good number of the 15k sold to date will finish up in the hands of Reds or have been bought for them.

When we play Liverpool at Ewood most of the corporate sales are to Liverpool companies and fans.

I should know given every time they have played here I have been invited (I worked in Liverpool until recently). Last time I was the only Rovers fan on a table of 12.

I also expect a good number of the 15k sold to date will finish up in the hands of Reds or have been bought for them.

I expect the corporate, but would be surprised if there are lots of reds in home stands - have they sold out the DE already?

According to their website they have sold out their allocation.

The inner upper JW should be reserved for the 5000 that went to watch the Swansea 4th round match. Free programme on the seat and a hot drinks coupon wouldn't go amiss either. :tu:

The whole JW Upper should have been set aside for the 8.5k of us who turned up to watch that tripe on Saturday, with complimentary brandy to numb the pain.

The boxes at the back of the BBE will be fun again with Rovers grabbing any coin available. I also wonder how many tickets end up on the likes of ticketmaster to be bought by plastics, JW will be full of that type no doubt but most of em behave. Remember the young chav who was whizzed out of the BBE lower v these lot not long ago, took a bit of a clumping after inviting it on then dragged across the front by a steward whilst his girlfriend laid into the steward with her handbag. Pure comedy.

Over 15,000 sold to rovers fans so far. Quietly surprised. I'm buying 6 tomorrow

A stirring of the memory,a lustful reminder of what we used to have week in week out....and then all but too quickly back to the cold crapness of what we have been reduced to now.

Tearful nostalgia for a night,enjoy.

• Backroom

No Gerrard and looking like no Skrtel. Daniel Sturridge also out of Englands international with a hip injury, things are going our way. I just hope we get Josh King fit and wrap him in cotton wool until this game!

Archived