BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer's Linkedin Profile

Amo

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/gary-bowyer-42895a112

I am accomplished football manager and coach with a strong track record in the game for identifying and nurturing talent, adding tangible value to a squad, and producing teams capable of delivering a collective level of performance that maximises the playing resources available.

Having progressed through the coaching structure at Blackburn Rovers after building a strong reputation at Derby County, I was able to support the development of players such as Phil Jones, Junior Hoilett and Martin Olsson into the first team.

I then became manager of the club in 2013, leading them to consecutive top 10 finishes despite significant financial restrictions
, notable success in the FA Cup against Premier League opposition, and overseeing ongoing turnover within the squad while maintaining a motivated and competitive unit.

Bold emphasis mine.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks so much for those top ten finishes, Gary! They totally saved the club from impending destruction, despite us not getting anywhere near the promotion we desperately needed to secure the club's future. Not as if the wasted opportunity with quality players, the best strike force in the league and more resources than any manager since Kean has assisted in consigning us to our miserable fate, is it?

^_^

Isn't linkedin just an online CV?

Come on. We all know CV speak is just gross exaggeration.

All employers know that 'nobody is ever as good as their CV'. So if yours is @#/?, you'll never get a job. Unless of course you're lucky enough to live in alternative realities where the football, financial and political worlds exist; then you can be sure you'll be rewarded for abject failure.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/gary-bowyer-42895a112

I am accomplished football manager and coach with a strong track record in the game for identifying and nurturing talent, adding tangible value to a squad, and producing teams capable of delivering a collective level of performance that maximises the playing resources available.

Having progressed through the coaching structure at Blackburn Rovers after building a strong reputation at Derby County, I was able to support the development of players such as Phil Jones, Junior Hoilett and Martin Olsson into the first team.

I then became manager of the club in 2013, leading them to consecutive top 10 finishes despite significant financial restrictions, notable success in the FA Cup against Premier League opposition, and overseeing ongoing turnover within the squad while maintaining a motivated and competitive unit.

Bold emphasis mine.

The above should be in the Baffling Quotes thread. And there seems to be an important bit missing:

"Even as we snatched a boring draw from the jaws of victory, my expensively assembled team always gave it a right good go!"

^_^

Isn't linkedin just an online CV?

Come on. We all know CV speak is just gross exaggeration.

All employers know that 'nobody is ever as good as their CV'. So if yours is @#/?, you'll never get a job. Unless of course you're lucky enough to live in alternative realities where the football, financial and political worlds exist; then you can be sure you'll be rewarded for abject failure.

Linkedin is basically a tool to make recruiters lives so much easier.

It can (and has) work out well if you're looking for a job.

Might try and connect with Bowyer.

Doesn't really tell us anything we didn't already know and an embargo certainly is a financial restriction if ever there was one ;)

Just wish he'd added a few tit bits like operating under instruction from multiple stakeholders with a remit to turn over as many players as possible in a short space of time whilst following their wishes to avoid the top 6 :lol:

Doesn't really tell us anything we didn't already know and an embargo certainly is a financial restriction if ever there was one ;)

Just wish he'd added a few tit bits like operating under instruction from multiple stakeholders with a remit to turn over as many players as possible in a short space of time whilst following their wishes to avoid the top 6 :lol:

Seems to have missed off his qualifcation in geology , seemed to think he was quite an expert at what lived under rocks and stones :)

Top Ten finishes and latter stages of the FA Cup. Them were t'days.

Bowyer Out.

Is the "Top Ten" even a thing in the Championship? It's play-offs or bust. I get it's a big deal breaking into the Top Ten of the Prem, but is finishing outside the play-offs with a top 6 squad such a great achievement?

• Backroom

Is the "Top Ten" even a thing in the Championship? It's play-offs or bust. I get it's a big deal breaking into the Top Ten of the Prem, but is finishing outside the play-offs with a top 6 squad such a great achievement?

It's a great way to lie on on your CV without actually lying :P

What about that markup value, though?

• 1 month later...
  • Moderation Lead

It's still strange that he never did address shipping those late goals, despite being a 'proper football man'. Odd, that.

Top 10 finishes. And? You get nowt for top 10 and only a chance at a prize for top 6. Still, I suppose you've got to hype yourself, even if it is total codswallop.

Archived