BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Joe Nuttall

Stuart

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

WTF are you on about? Arranging flowers? Have you hit your head or something?

That’s just a post of smoke and mirrors - and nonsense.

So every football manager is automatically right and every football fan wrong? I guess that’s why none of them ever get sacked. :rolleyes: 

HowTF is wanting a 13 goal (by October!) reserve striker to have a place on a League One bench the same as him being touted for Chelsea? Christ almighty. If he believes Nuttall isn’t ready for that but Harper, Hart and Gladwin are then I am entitled to question Mowbray’s decision making. Mowbray has been given a complete free pass both for his part our relegation and his previous League One record.

But as I’ve said before, the only way he wins this argument is promotion.

An attempt at humor that obviously passed you by....apologies for that, so lets be blunt:

You know absolutely nothing about managing a professional football team and even less about Nuttall, and nor should you, so leave it to the manager, thats what he gets paid for.

Hope thats better :tu:

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gav said:

An attempt at humor that obviously passed you by....apologies for that, so lets be blunt:

You know absolutely nothing about managing a professional football team and even less about Nuttall, and nor should you, so leave it to the manager, thats what he gets paid for.

Hope thats better :tu:

Ok. Sadly it wasn’t funny, pal. Possibly why I missed it.

That’s another daft post though, Gav. Aside from quoting links you’ve just closed down 95% of the messageboard in terms of debate and opinion. “Thou shalt not question the manager” is also a pretty desperate notion.

Perhaps as well as giving up Venkys/Rovers you need to give internet discussion forums a swerve too.

You know I love you but I think you are as wide of the mark on this one as any Rovers chance vs Plymouth.

Having watched Nuttall as many times this season as Mowbray - possibly more - I say that he deserves a place on the bench, as an impact sub. Even more so if Samuel is suspended. The thing is, in your haste to defend him, you also miss the fact that he has also put Wharton and then Tomlinson out in the cold to - and failed to impress Mahoney enough to stay. Let’s face facts, Mowbray is on a collision course with our Academy status - something his recent press comments have confirmed. Whilst I do want him to be successful, I just hope Mowbray staying as manager for any length of time is not at the expense of our academy.

Right now if I was in charge of Rovers and Mowbray asked me to sacrifice the Academy funding to give him more cash in the transfer market, I’d tell him to Foxtrot Oscar.

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Ok. Sadly it wasn’t funny, pal. Possibly why I missed it.

That’s another daft post though, Gav. Aside from quoting links you’ve just closed down 95% of the messageboard in terms of debate and opinion. “Thou shalt not question the manager” is also a pretty desperate notion.

Perhaps as well as giving up Venkys/Rovers you need to give internet discussion forums a swerve too.

You know I love you but I think you are as wide of the mark on this one as any Rovers chance vs Plymouth.

Having watched Nuttall as many times this season as Mowbray - possibly more - I say that he deserves a place on the bench, as an impact sub. Even more so if Samuel is suspended. The thing is, in your haste to defend him, you also miss the fact that he has also put Wharton and then Tomlinson out in the cold to - and failed to impress Mahoney enough to stay. Let’s face facts, Mowbray is on a collision course with our Academy status - something his recent press comments have confirmed. Whilst I do want him to be successful, I just hope Mowbray staying as manager for any length of time is not at the expense of our academy.

Right now if I was in charge of Rovers and Mowbray asked me to sacrifice the Academy funding to give him more cash in the transfer market, I’d tell him to Foxtrot Oscar.

Thanks for the advice, I'll certainly take that on board :wacko:

As for debate, its long gone on here, I'm happy to debate with anyone but the since the Roversmad lot arrived with their combined football knowledge printable on the back of a postage stamp its been a struggle.

I've NEVER watched Nuttall play, so I'll leave that one to the manager who sees him most days on the training pitch I'm sure. I'm also very happy to leave every other footballing decision to the manager also because to be frank we're not doing to badly if your expectations are realistic.

Plymouth? it was very clear the posters with no axes to grind to actually saw the same game as did, only the anti Mowbray brigade saw something different, and some of them didn't see the game at all.

Nuttall may well get a place on the bench now after yesterdays red card, so lets hope he lives up to expectations on this thread and scores a for fun, firing us back into the Championship in the process.

6 hours ago, Hasta said:

If he's not on the bench it will be the wrong call by Mowbray, just as leaving Dack and Chapman on the bench at Oldham was.

Pretty incredible that our two biggest attacking threats were both on the bench as recently as two games ago, hopefully the penny has dropped now with regards to team selection.

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

out to pasture?

Think its time gav was put out to pasture. I know he still thinks he's some kind of "face" down at ewood and on here but he needs to realise he's just one more poster and needs to respect others opinions more.

• 2 weeks later...

The first thing he did was chase a ball into the corner and put pressure on a defender. The ball went out of play but it was just good to see somebody do it. He scored, had a couple of chances, linked up play and defended three Fleetwood corners like Shearer used to do for us.

And Mowbray said he isn't ready.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

The first thing he did was chase a ball into the corner and put pressure on a defender. The ball went out of play but it was just good to see somebody do it. He scored, had a couple of chances, linked up play and defended three Fleetwood corners like Shearer used to do for us.

And Mowbray said he isn't ready.

Graham didnt chase anything all night

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Neither did anyone. Boring Mowbrays tactics.

Mowbrays tactics weren't responsible for Graham getting caught offside several times, for his inability to jump or run. That was down to Graham and his poor attitude.

Graham isn't lazy his legs are going big style hence he just takes up the space at the point of attack and not much else. He's at that stage were the ball needs plonking in front of him facing goal repeatedly now to have any real effect but of course in the absence of a real target man we were all yelling for in summer he's the nearest we have so our Einstein coaches expect him to do a job he's no longer capable of.

8 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Nuttall was a breath of fresh air tonight, and I think he deserves to have a go as our first choice striker (mainly because the others are awful).

did you think awful after portsmouth?i have seen joe 4 times this season and he deserves a go like tonight,not starting.

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

Graham isn't lazy his legs are going big style hence he just takes up the space at the point of attack and not much else. He's at that stage were the ball needs plonking in front of him facing goal repeatedly now to have any real effect but of course in the absence of a real target man we were all yelling for in summer he's the nearest we have so our Einstein coaches expect him to do a job he's no longer capable of.

I am beginning to think Graham , is Mowbrays biggest mistake , like you say 'his legs have gone ' problem is Mowbray nor anyone could see it .....Or they tried to off load him in the summer but no one wanted him !

We had/have a chance to rebuild the squad.  Mowbray opted for a system using wing backs but didn't buy any.  When the system didn't work; he tried different formations with square pegs in round holes.  

We need a giant forward, a left winger with pace and we still haven't got a box to box midfielder.  A beast of a cb would not go amiss either!

27 minutes ago, Garage Flower said:

Came on hassling defenders, forcing errors, looked hungry and he scored. Start him next game. What do we to lose? Can’t stick with Graham half arsing it all game and failing to chase anything down or even challenge for a header.

100% correct. 

Graham isnt the player he wants. Out of contract this summer

Just now, Mattyblue said:

With Samuel still banned, surely he has to start against Barnet? 

Must start. I would play him up front with Dack. 

Archived