BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton away April 28th

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Genuinely cannot believe that he is bringing Whittingham on.

Mowbray is not the Messiah - he’s a very naughty boy.

I know, sometimes I wonder about him in a what the hell is he thinking sort if way.

34 minutes ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Travis is surely very close to the first team. Looks lively.

hit the bar from a corner. Was that Samuel?

I've liked what I have seen if him but I really think the naughty boy doesn't fancy him much.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

It's the 3,000 fans I feel sorry for today.  Having to go all that way to lose and be inflicted by Caddis isn't nice. 

The sides been held together by sticking plaster for the past month, yes today's result is disappointing, but bigger picture Jim.

Just now, Gav said:

The sides been held together by sticking plaster for the past month, yes today's result is disappointing, but bigger picture Jim.

Yep, we're up and next season is more important now but the Oxford game could have been a cracking occasion. 

13 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Very unlucky not to get something from that game. As said above, the fringe players picked today showed why Mowbray stuck with lads carrying injuries. The subs however were a different matter, Travis/Whittingham in centre-mid looked excellent together.

Really?  So my criticism at bringing him on was out of order?  Good.  

• Backroom

From what I saw Samuel looked half decent today did some decent hold up play around halfway but some lazy passes as well, Payne really really didn’t look up to it sadly.

Bell looked good enough and Caddis showed he’s never going to be an option.

So wigan only need a point to confirm the title, but I’ll not lose too much sleep over it as obviously for the club it’s not a priority.

Seems from twitter that sadly some of our fans were acting like nobs but hope the majority still had a top day

• Backroom

It doesn't sound like the performance was that bad to be fair. Our fringe attacking players just aren't good enough when it comes to putting the ball in the net. That's why we've been running Dack and Graham into the ground over the past month. 

If I wasn’t a season ticket holder and hadn’t already bought a ticket, I would NOT be going to watch the Oxford game. There is no point because we are now just going through the motions.

Really really disappointed with Mowbray today. He clearly does not care about the title. A win today would have all but secured it and he has stuck two fingers up to the fans and the U23s.

After last Tuesday the season might as well have ended. It’s fraud to sell any more tickets for matches because we aren’t event going to try.

Not convinced that he has what it takes for next season. The 10 game counter will be reset after next Saturday.

Just now, perthblue02 said:
 @AndyBayes
FollowFollow @AndyBayes
More

To answer team selection disappointment questions. Bradley Dack is having a hamstring scan on Monday. Conway has a broken metatarsal. Raya out next week. Williams & Bennett could be back but won’t train. @BBCLancsSport

Thank F we won at Doncaster. All of a sudden players are dropping like flies. What was wrong with Bennett?

Just now, Stuart said:

If I wasn’t a season ticket holder and hadn’t already bought a ticket, I would NOT be going to watch the Oxford game. There is no point because we are now just going through the motions.

Really really disappointed with Mowbray today. He clearly does not care about the title. A win today would have all but secured it and he has stuck two fingers up to the fans and the U23s.

After last Tuesday the season might as well have ended. It’s fraud to sell any more tickets for matches because we aren’t event going to try.

Not convinced that he has what it takes for next season. The 10 game counter will be reset after next Saturday.

Bit harsh but I think the team selection and attitude and approach in the first half was fairly unprofessional today.

No doubt we'll bring several players back in for what is now a virtually dead rubber. What's the point in that? I'm glad I'm here overnight for a night out with friends as if I'd been travelling straight down and back I'd have been a bit cheesed off.

Mowbray explains team selection to Andy Bayes

To answer team selection disappointment questions. Bradley Dack is having a hamstring scan on Monday. Conway has a broken metatarsal. Raya out next week. Williams & Bennett could be back but won’t train. @BBCLancsSport

Sounds like a lot of the changes were forced some of these guys have been running through brick walls twice per week for a while now to get the job done so no wonder, adrenaline gets you through a lot of this and after Doncaster a lot of it will have evaporated.

Would have preferred to see kids in instead of people like Caddis, who has played a part this season to be fair. Someone said on twitter maybe he's making a bit of a statement to the owners showing how devoid of quality we are when one or two big guns are missing. Fair point although I think it's more to do with him giving them thanks for their efforts and patience this season and giving them a chance for scouts of desperate clubs to have a look.

7 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

When he was grinding between Dack and Benno during a rousing rendition of gangsters paradise at Joshua Brooks early  Wednesday AM? :)

A night on the TILEs being far more impotent than a TITLE.

Just that extra T makes a TIT of Mowbray meddling today.

Just now, Doaksie said:

Well, it's going to the final day. That's about all I can say.

Would have been nice to begin the day a point ahead, but Mowbray clearly has no real desire to claim the title. Nights out, weakened side. Rightly or wrongly, he feels the job is done.

That's why I'd like to see somebody on the coaching side that has some fire in their belly and things to achieve.

Archived