BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

3 hours ago, Biz said:

Why is it that most people who consider themselves to be “boycotters” expect big signings, lots of money spent and have high expectations?

Surely those things are irrelevant to people who are only concerned with the prospect of new owners? Surely, those who say NAPM wouldn’t care if the owners spent money or not?

As Bob Fleming pointed out, the veil slips so often with “MGPINSERTNEWNAMESLAYER” and Jal that they’re both a complete laughing stock. Real world indeed..

I'm a boycotter but quite the opposite. if they wont leave the club - at least leave it in as best shape as possible.

2 hours ago, Dryhorse said:

How Im I meant to know what he is?

I get that a few of you might not think Scottish fitbaw is not as bad as made out

But your in the majority even your gaffer struggled up here for years there are gems up here McGeuoch is free and has had as good a season as McGinn who they want 6 million for

If ive upset anybody I am sorry

Just sick of the usual Scottish footballs pub league patter if it is dish me out some numbers of your pub teams pretty sure I could still play ???

You went off at a tangent at English posters being arrogant about Scottish players, when the only person who was in conversation with you - was Irish.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

OK, I will try one more time. It's nothing personal against Scotland, the Scottish league, Mrs Doubtfire, haggis or battered Mars bars. I just don't think Fulham , or any Premier league team, will be in for McGeoch. I hope we sign him. 

You reckon he could go straight to the premiership obviously? 

Battered mars bars - only the Scottish.

Just now, Dryhorse said:

Loads were talking to me scroll further

So I scrolled back (though I didnt need to as was online when you was posting). Everybody was talking about Dack speculation, you brought up interest in McGeoch from other clubs and Bigdog was the only one to entertain conversation with you. Where is this loads? There was one Irish guy before you went on full attack at the English.

Btw - a whole thread has been opened up especially for you to talk about Scottish football...

Edited by JacknOry

After seeing Kamara at Fulham, Kodjia at Villa and Bristol and Dhediou at Bristol this year it's apparent those who score in French league two are capable of stepping up. 

This lad at Nimes Umut Bozok has twenty four goals this yeAr, some taken nicely, and he's twenty one. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohg6yjOfZNs

Additionally I'd like Sidy Sarr, six foot five and a tough tackler in the middle. He's 21 and also a great eye for goal, covers the pitch like a Yaya Toure. 

Ours the pair for a few million, plenty of value and scope to develop and sell on.

would also ask Bournemouth for Lys Mousset on loan if he can't break into their 11.

Edited by Scotland1

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Mrs Doubtfire is English ?

1 hour ago, Dryhorse said:

McBurnie wants to sign for Rangers 

Scottish accent, re-watch the movie. Crap quoted your wrong comment by mistake Dryhorse meant to be the Robin Williams one. Can't delete this one now on my phone. 

Now where is the Mrs Doubtfire thread

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

23 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

After seeing Kamara at Fulham, Kodjia at Villa and Bristol and Dhediou at Bristol this year it's apparent those who score in French league two are capable of stepping up. 

This lad at Nimes Umut Bozok has twenty four goals this yeAr, some taken nicely, and he's twenty one. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohg6yjOfZNs

Additionally I'd like Sidy Sarr, six foot five and a tough tackler in the middle. He's 21 and also a great eye for goal, covers the pitch like a Yaya Toure. 

Ours the pair for a few million, plenty of value and scope to develop and sell on.

would also ask Bournemouth for Lys Mousset on loan if he can't break into their 11.

I agree with you. 

Its important not to ignore overseas. I’m all for experienced Championship players but sometimes you have to look for the hidden gems in Ligue 2,  Bundesliga 2 etc. Plus they are likely to be cheaper.

• Backroom
Just now, Tormund said:

I agree with you. 

Its important not to ignore overseas. I’m all for experienced Championship players but sometimes you have to look for the hidden gems in Ligue 2,  Bundesliga 2 etc. Plus they are likely to be cheaper.

We've benefited massively from such deals.

Samba, Nelsen, NZonzi.

2 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Mokoena? 

I recall having a convo with my sister In the past year or so about players who "most fans" considered 'poor' at their time with us in the Prem, but would have been first name on the teamsheet over the past 3 years.

Mokoena was the one we settled on ?

Heck, Even Keith "McPointy" Andrews was mentioned...

32 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Scottish accent, re-watch the movie. 

I have to sit through it regularly as my children love it. He/she says she is English...it always winds me up!

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Mike E said:

We've benefited massively from such deals.

Samba, Nelsen, NZonzi.

How dare you not mention Sasha Petshi and Bangarang Fode Koita! 

Edit - and Harry Goujon! 

Double edit - I always wanted us to play Bryan Dabo ahead of Jason Lowe but he never made an appearance, now coming on it seems and playing for Fiorentina 

Edited by Tom

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did you even read the article?  Quite clearly states available for a reduced fee or fee decided by tribunal, certainly not a free.

Possible bid for Edwards from us to Posh

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/latest-news-peterborough-united-accept-a-million-pound-bid-for-a-league-one-player-1-8521672

From the link below

The only other Posh players who would realistically command a seven-figure fee are midfielder Gwion Edwards and possibly centre-back Ryan Tafazolli. The Peterborough Telegraph did field a call from a representative of the Blackburn media regarding Edwards. Edwards, who is entering the last year of his Posh contract, was outstanding in both games against Blackburn last season and the promoted Lancastrians have money to spend as they prepare for life in the Championship.

I dont know how truth it is but just found so thought I post it anyway

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Possible bid for Edwards from us to Posh

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/latest-news-peterborough-united-accept-a-million-pound-bid-for-a-league-one-player-1-8521672

From the link below

The only other Posh players who would realistically command a seven-figure fee are midfielder Gwion Edwards and possibly centre-back Ryan Tafazolli. The Peterborough Telegraph did field a call from a representative of the Blackburn media regarding Edwards. Edwards, who is entering the last year of his Posh contract, was outstanding in both games against Blackburn last season and the promoted Lancastrians have money to spend as they prepare for life in the Championship.

I dont know how truth it is but just found so thought I post it anyway

I thought he looked against us at Ewood. Got forward well and took players on.

I'd be happy if we signed him (assuming he plays like that all the time!)

• Like 1

Whoever wrote that article has got it completely wrong. The tweet stated that a 7-figure bid has been accepted for one of their players - not a 'million pound' bid. So the whole article trying to figure out which players would be worth selling for a million quid is pointless. It could quite easily be Marriot or Maddison as a seven-figure fee could be anywhere between 1,000,000 and 9,999,999.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Whoever wrote that article has got it completely wrong. The tweet stated that a 7-figure bid has been accepted for one of their players - not a 'million pound' bid. So the whole article trying to figure out which players would be worth selling for a million quid is pointless. It could quite easily be Marriot or Maddison as a seven-figure fee could be anywhere between 1,000,000 and 9,999,999.

I don't know if is pointless, from my research of them and following their manager on twitter, I would reckon only a max of 3 of their players would be expected to be sold for a 7 figure sum. So you can really narrow the list down. 

I am guessing it is Marriot, but you never know 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't know if is pointless, from my research of them and following their manager on twitter, I would reckon only a max of 3 of their players would be expected to be sold for a 7 figure sum. So you can really narrow the list down. 

I am guessing it is Marriot, but you never know 

its the title mainly -

LATEST NEWS: Peterborough United accept a million-pound bid for a League One player

The tweet said nothing of a million pound bid.

But yeah, 3 or 4 players tops could be worth a mil or more.

Edited by JacknOry