BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Jesus they did well to get him for 3 million do. Would wolves not keep him if he was so good? 

When did Bamford win player of the season? 

Wolves brought in Castro from Athletico Madrid on a season long loan I presume as first choice lb/wing back so I presume Douglas didn't want to be on bench.

Cracking signing for Leeds and at 3 million a bargain in today's market 

• Moderation Lead
40 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, he hasn't done more than Dack. Winning league 1 player of the year twice is better than being a championship journeyman 

Championship journeyman is a bit disngenous. With an average of 1 in 3 for teams at the top end of the table and also having had PL loans, says he’s a better player. Dack hasn’t even played in the Championship yet...(admittedly that will change in a week’s time). 

I love Bradley Dack as much as anyone, but Christ, I’m also a realist and not that biased!

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Jesus they did well to get him for 3 million do. Would wolves not keep him if he was so good? 

When did Bamford win player of the season? 

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Wolves brought in Castro from Athletico Madrid on a season long loan I presume as first choice lb/wing back so I presume Douglas didn't want to be on bench.

Cracking signing for Leeds and at 3 million a bargain in today's market 

Yeah he said he was told he didnt have a future, according to a post he put on social media after the transfer went through. 

Bamford won the player of the season in 2015.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A left back and an unproven striker massively improve them? They must have been bad last season 

Unproven? Bamford has scored for fun fun in this league before. 7 million is overpriced but he's quality at Championship level. Especially when you consider Newcastle want 3 million for Armstrong who is most definitely unproven at this level.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, he hasn't done more than Dack. Winning league 1 player of the year twice is better than being a championship journeyman 

That's just stupid, just going by the stats, Bamford scored 14 in 23 in L1 with MK Dons and followed by another 8 in 21 in the Championship  for Derby = 22 league goals that season.  He followed that with 18  in 38  in the  Championship for Boro.   If  Dack can do that this season (difficult but not impossible) that'd be amazing, no?  Not sure how you can say doing anything at a lower level is better.

7m is a lot of money,  especially as he hasn't been amazing since then but if you've seen him play he's got real talent,  someone I have enjoyed watching in the past as I like skillful players, a journeyman he most certainly is not.

• Backroom

The last time we were in this league we were able to make a push for the playoffs buying players for less than £3m - usually far less. Times have certainly changed, and very quickly too. Spending big money in the Championship is high risk due to the lack of TV money relative to the PL. Obviously it all works out if you get there, but if not... 

Regardless, as long as there are enough owners willing to throw money into the black hole of English football we're going to find it increasingly difficult to compete. For better or worse Venky's aren't the type of owners willing to throw money at the club, so the only other way to compete in this league without much of a budget is to already have a solid base of decent players and a manager who can get the absolute best out of every signing. We'll see soon enough if Mowbray and our squad is up to the task. 

22 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's certainly more difficult being a stand out player in an average team rather than being an average player with good players helping make you look better than you are (a la Deli Ali).

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Bolton signed 2 players today, albeit one for free but the other was for a fee, no idea how much.

Things can’t be that bad there otherwise these players wouldn’t be joining.

Noticed The Brummies are under an embargo again (still?)

Interesting that it has finally emerged via Birmingham's website that they are not allowed to sign any players. Don't think they concede they are in an official embargo, just that the League are not approving any transfers, and that they are working with the League to resolve the situation, no indication given as to how long the embargo is for or what they have to do to lift it. 

Also no mention from the League themselves what is happening, in stark contrast to the blaze of publicity they made when Rovers were under an embargo.

Also odd that Bolton are now paying money out despite being in dispute with players over unpaid wages and bonuses and QPR are rumoured to be trying to sign Jackson from Stanley for more than £1 million. 

If ever 2 clubs should be embargoed it is those 2.

Whole thing stinks.

A Birmingham fan messaged me earlier saying 12+ Championship clubs have broken the rules but only 4 have been embargoed, so that's 3 beyond Birmingham. No idea who they are but would assume on business done so far that 2 of them are Villa and Sheffield Wednesday. 

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Interesting that it has finally emerged via Birmingham's website that they are not allowed to sign any players. Don't think they concede they are in an official embargo, just that the League are not approving any transfers, and that they are working with the League to resolve the situation, no indication given as to how long the embargo is for or what they have to do to lift it. 

Also no mention from the League themselves what is happening, in stark contrast to the blaze of publicity they made when Rovers were under an embargo.

Also odd that Bolton are now paying money out despite being in dispute with players over unpaid wages and bonuses and QPR are rumoured to be trying to sign Jackson from Stanley for more than £1 million. 

If ever 2 clubs should be embargoed it is those 2.

Whole thing stinks.

A Birmingham fan messaged me earlier saying 12+ Championship clubs have broken the rules but only 4 have been embargoed, so that's 3 beyond Birmingham. No idea who they are but would assume on business done so far that 2 of them are Villa and Sheffield Wednesday. 

I’d heard that Wednesday had been embargoed on the sly and the club aren’t telling the fans.

10 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

I’d heard that Wednesday had been embargoed on the sly and the club aren’t telling the fans.

There is no way these embargo’s should be allowed to kept a secret from the fans. 

Should be statements from the league and the club. 

Doesn’t surprise me that they are though.

9 hours ago, Husky said:

It's certainly more difficult being a stand out player in an average team rather than being an average player with good players helping make you look better than you are (a la Deli Ali).

I wouldnt call ali average..hes a very good player who has scored some crucial goals for spurs

• Like 2

5 hours ago, islander200 said:

Nixon is saying on Twitter that the league will be revealing embargoed clubs on Wednesday 

The EFL excelling in their full time job working for the PL in trying to ensure only 'approved' big clubs or any club from London get promoted. Cardiff must have pissed them off big time.

It's a slow process and will take up to 5 years more. The PL 1 & 2, 1 up 1 down, no relegation from PL 2 or on a member vote basis. If you're not in the loop you're in the poop.

Harvey wants to boss PL 2 and get the full monty tv exposure financial bonanza.

When international markets are fully penetrated one solution is to increase the product range, works well in the less informed guillible markets.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The EFL excelling in their full time job working for the PL in trying to ensure only 'approved' big clubs or any club from London get promoted. Cardiff must have pissed them off big time.

It's a slow process and will take up to 5 years more. The PL 1 & 2, 1 up 1 down, no relegation from PL 2 or on a member vote basis. If you're not in the loop you're in the poop.

Harvey wants to boss PL 2 and get the full monty tv exposure financial bonanza.

When international markets are fully penetrated one solution is to increase the product range, works well in the less informed guillible markets.

European Super League will come first. Just look at the International Champions Cup...

9 hours ago, islander200 said:

Nixon is saying on Twitter that the league will be revealing embargoed clubs on Wednesday 

I suppose we'll never find out why it has taken until August to announce embargoed clubs with less than a week of the window remaining. What's the point in even announcing it at this late stage?

• Like 1

Seen a few previews tipping us as 'dark horses'. I'd be delighted for a Milwall-esque season. Was their squad, even with how weak ours looks outside the starting XI any better than ours? 

Lets hope this 'momentum' thing does its trick and we avoid injuries for once...

55 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Seen a few previews tipping us as 'dark horses'. I'd be delighted for a Milwall-esque season. Was their squad, even with how weak ours looks outside the starting XI any better than ours? 

Lets hope this 'momentum' thing does its trick and we avoid injuries for once...

I think ours is better. Millwall sneaked into the play-offs if I remember rightly, right at the end. They didn’t walk the league like we did, so that gives me some hope of avoiding the drop. 

Edited by scotchrover