BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

14 minutes ago, imy9 said:

The reason I say weaker is that this is a tougher league, we have lost Armstrong, Chapman, Antonsson and Payne...they contributed greatly towards our goals column. 

Look now and we have a 33 year old Graham, with Conway and Bennett on wings and Dack behind...Nuttall and Samuel are our options (Palmer is a good signing but hasn't played yet).

Three forward players needed with PACE. Teams have shown in the past that with pace in the side you can unlock defences in this league, we have zero in the attacking areas!

I have faith the players will be bought but right now, we are in for a long hard season, especially if Dack/ Graham are injured.

My point was that you where comparing two Blackburn Rovers squads, saying one squad was weaker than the other, nothing to do with what league they where in, or the merits of age and pace, and I disagreed with your opinion. You may be right, I may be right, lets see what the season brings.

6 minutes ago, BLANDY1980 said:

If the  player is Zac Clough talks were done pretty quick as he's been out buying a car this afternoon!

Is he?

2 minutes ago, Butty said:

Why the F do people still tweet that Jamie Mcconell guy on twitter as if he knows anything? He knows as much as the rest of us. What a tw@t. 

Isnt he the Rovers fan from Belfast?

4 minutes ago, Neal said:

Who says we're signing someone? 

I thought Zac Clough was the supposed mystery player who travelled down to Blackburn last night. Im doubting it to be honest as a quick search on twitter and you'll see he's been buying a new car today; pretty resourceful guy signing for a new club and buying a new car all in the same day.

2 minutes ago, BLANDY1980 said:

I thought Zac Clough was the supposed mystery player who travelled down to Blackburn last night. Im doubting it to be honest as a quick search on twitter and you'll see he's been buying a new car today; pretty resourceful guy signing for a new club and buying a new car all in the same day.

Maybe there is no mystery player and it was just someone looking for attention on Twitter.Nothing will be happening this week according to Sharpe. 

4 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Hey all,

Not claiming to be in the know but saw a well known footballer L.Messi buying a car near Wilpshire last night. Neymar was also seen in Londgridge. 

2 signings imminent. 

No to Neymar he's a bit of a diva doesn't fit the mowbray mould..  Messi could be a useful impact sub behind dack

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
43 minutes ago, Neal said:

Who says we're signing someone? 

People are that desperate for a signing, they will believe anything.....

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yet again did I ever say that did I???

We will make signings permanent and spend money. 

Same person who told me about Rovers interest in Kent and Gallagher. (NOT NICKO)

Yes. Talent player

Nugent is 34 years old.

We should be investing in younger players(20 to 26 years old) 

That persons track record so far is 0% so best to ignore him.

That said, why are you so pro signing Clough? We already have 3 players who are natural number 10s. Dack and Palmer, who are far better, and Rothwell who has also just signed.

Clough I think has had injury problems and was rubbish at Forest and at Bolton last season

The rumour has come from absolutely nowhere, fortunately I suspect it holds no truth.

• Like 1

Neymar and messi no championship experience this not an easy league.

Neymar not the hold it up kind of striker that can bring Dack into play. We need a get in your face type. Punt it long bring it down arse and elbows. Is that this neymar fella. Waghorn for me

messi plays in dacks role is he going to be happy on the bench?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

That persons track record so far is 0% so best to ignore him.

That said, why are you so pro signing Clough? We already have 3 players who are natural number 10s. Dack and Palmer, who are far better, and Rothwell who has also just signed.

Clough I think has had injury problems and was rubbish at Forest and at Bolton last season

The rumour has come from absolutely nowhere, fortunately I suspect it holds no truth.

That was my thinking, he wouldn't fit into our side anyway. We won't end up signing him. 

• Like 1

Stoke closing in on Ashley Williams on loan, bar last seasons shambles of a season at Everton he's a class signing at championship level. I see nobody has taken Snodgrass yet , I forgot West Ham are his parent club, spent last season on loan at Villa. I'd take him on loan but I guess West Ham would have to pay a LOT of his wages. Plus, we're crying out for pace on the wings and he doesn't bring that. He'd just be Conway on steroids. 

Edited by Butty

15 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

BTW Birmingham allowed to sign five more players.  Can I ask why and how if they broke the rules ..i Just don't get how these punishments come into place 

They broke the rules alright, only for some unknown reason it has been left until the 11th hour to announce it. Meanwhile they spent a couple of million on a new player who is allowed to play for them.

Perhaps the League should get their own house in order and announce sanctioned clubs at the start of the window rather than the back end and prevent them from signing any new players.

No mention of the word embargo which seems to have been dropped. Meanwhile lots of empty threats of points deductions etc. which i'd bet my savings will never be enforced.

To sum up the last 2 pages

Nugent , no thanks doesn't fit the criteria set by Mowbray 

Clough , Meh ... I wouldn't want to be a full back in a team A team with Dack Palmer and Clough in it , can't see much tracking back

Maddison vs Armstrong ... Armstrong all day long  but just to add another name , somebody else on here mentioned a lad at city  called Brandon or Brendan Barker was it ? Was on loan at Hibs last season he looked pretty decent 

Let’s all give a definitive list of who we personally think are acceptable signings.

(Assuming we have madams £5 million per year assault on the summit of the premiership and champions league and obviously before our fall off the precipice).

Mine are 

Tammy Abraham young fast and tall. Poor prem experience with Swansea needs to revisit the championship. We could offer an ideal platform good goals per game ratio in this league

Sam Gallagher not as old as you think and has a lot of championship experience although not the greatest goal per games ratio but been in some stinker teams.Tall but slower

Adam Armstrong short young and fast . Poor championship form but Mowbray does seem to bring the best out of him.

I would be happy with any one and ecstatic with two of these three.

To set limits you can’t have messi, neymar or Ronaldo as these would break efl ffp rules( maybe, potentially sort off). If not I’ll have 2 of these three.

I'm still struggling to buy into the belief that we're going to be splashing the cash on a couple of multi-million pound players. As I've learnt with Venkys, talk is cheap and I'll believe it when I see it. Last 10 transfer windows going back to January 2014 I reckon we've spent about £2 million or so at the most spread across Williams, Bell, Dack, Samuel, Davenport and Rothwell. We also raked in fortunes in sales during that period.

I'd be very pleasantly surprised indeed if Venkys were going to sanction one signing that cost more than all those, never mind 2.