BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Screenshot_20180822-224531_Twitter.jpg

Chaddy has posted Mowbray's comments. TM said no interest In Anichebe so can people stop panicking?

TM:"I would have to say  hopefully there are some much bigger deals than free agents coming to the football club over the next nine days or so"

That doesn't sound like just Rodwell and a couple of prem loan kids to me

Edited by islander200

from the LT Article

“I hope tomorrow we've got a couple of announcements to make and then we need players in the forward area to help us and are working hard on that as well,” Mowbray said.

“The squad is stretched. Sam Hart was on the bench and hasn’t played any football all year.

“That’s where we were with the squad. We’re working very hard, trying to get deals done and I would hope we’re still working on some bigger deals that will drop in for us.

“Let’s hope the injuries aren’t too bad and we have to keep looking.

“I’ve talked about the recruitment and we work down lists.

“We’re working hard but the lists are getting strained, but fingers crossed in the next nine days we can get a squad we feel can be competitive in the division for the next five months.”

Rodwell, who is able to play in both central defence and central midfield, could be another through the Ewood arrivals door.

Addressing the Anichebe, as well as the possibility of a deal for Rodwell, Mowbray said: “I don’t really want to talk about specifics.

“Someone told me Victor Anichebe was here tonight but I don’t think that’s one for us today.

“Rothwell is someone I’ve had a chat with recently and we’re making some decisions on things.

“Jack Rodwell played for Manchester City, he’s played in the Premier League and for England. He’s had a tough time and everyone knows his reputed salary at his previous club and if we do anything then I think we should all give the boy an opportunity.

“It shouldn’t be an expensive deal for us. If something happens then the boy needs to be given a chance to prove himself and we shouldn’t question his question his talent and his class.

“He played for Manchester City and his injuries have been the bane of his career but let’s wait and see.

“There are no guarantee that’s going to be happen.

“I would hope there’s going to be some bigger deals to be done at the football club than a couple of free agents coming in to the club.

“We have to assess our injury problems. We have to get a bench together for Saturday. We’ll assess it and people who weren’t involved tonight aren’t as bad as we fear.”

23 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

He could do the Graham hold up roll or are we forgetting that's what we were @#/? on Brereton the other day for not being able to do this as we had no one who could if DG got hurt. 

This.  We need a player that can come off the bench and hold the ball up and dominate physically.  Doesn't have to have an amazing goals record. Just let the Dack's and Armstrong s play off him.  

Sounds like we’re getting Rodwell on some sort of deal to me...

If anyone can turn his career round it’s TM. 

If it’s low risk and it comes off then it could be a master stroke... but the odds would certainly be against it.

• Like 2

Rodwell would have too be a short term deal, doubt he's going to come on a pay as you play deal so a contract till next summer at most, even that sounds too much with his recent "form". Reed would be a good signing, improvement on Smallwood. Glad TM has said Anichebe won't be happening. Couple of attacking additions needed desperately, they should be our main priority right now. 

7 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Sounds like we’re getting Rodwell on some sort of deal to me...

If anyone can turn his career round it’s TM. 

If it’s low risk and it comes off then it could be a master stroke... but the odds would certainly be against it.

I don't think Rodwell will happen tbh

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think Rodwell will happen tbh

I don't know Chaddy, Mowbray in that interview talking about his time at Everton and City and saying if he does come in the fans need to give him a chance. 

If we sign both both Reed and Rodwell, we will have those 2, Smallwood, Evans, Travis, Davenport and Rothwell that can play in midfield.Im presuming either Davenports injury is worst than first thought or Mowbray doesn't think he is ready.

I presumw Travis will be going on loan?

At least 3 signings,possibly 2 before weekend,1 is out of contract premier league player,another,a name that’s already been banded about,and the third is the most complicated transfer, Brereton from Forest,probably early next week,let’s see what happens?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

We’re working hard but the lists are getting strained, but fingers crossed in the next nine days we can get a squad we feel can be competitive in the division for the next five months.”

Hmmmmm

The list is definitely strained if we’re even giving the likes of Rodwell the time of day. 

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I don't know Chaddy, Mowbray in that interview talking about his time at Everton and City and saying if he does come in the fans need to give him a chance. 

If we sign both both Reed and Rodwell, we will have those 2, Smallwood, Evans, Travis, Davenport and Rothwell that can play in midfield.Im presuming either Davenports injury is worst than first thought or Mowbray doesn't think he is ready.

I presumw Travis will be going on loan?

Yes looks that way Travis will go out on loan. 

Im unsure on Rodwell. Im sure Mowbray will make sure he is proper fit and ready before any deal happens

5 minutes ago, unsall said:

At least 3 signings,possibly 2 before weekend,1 is out of contract premier league player,another,a name that’s already been banded about,and the third is the most complicated transfer, Brereton from Forest,probably early next week,let’s see what happens?

isn't that 4 players? 

out of contract player? 

Reed the name that been banded around

Brereton the striker. 

another?

Reed, would be a really good signing, box to box midfieldier whose good on the ball and got abit of everything. Would hope there's an option for a perm deal. Wonder who the 2nd player is, doesn't sound like Rodwell  is a deal that is close so most likely not him.

38 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Reed, would be a really good signing, box to box midfieldier whose good on the ball and got abit of everything. Would hope there's an option for a perm deal. Wonder who the 2nd player is, doesn't sound like Rodwell  is a deal that is close so most likely not him.

Box to box? When I saw he had 1 goal in his 73 game career, I didn't think box to box at all. Implies he is better nearer one box than the other. But not seen him, will defer to others.

If the choice is Rodwell on a cheap two year deal, or Reed on Loan. I will take Rodwell, thanks.

Again, I can see Smallwood being loaned out, he is a league one player, who served us well. 

Looking forward to the two announcements tomorrow. 2 tomorrow then 2 next week will have us in great shape. 

If Rodwell is willing to take a huge pay cut on a contract until the end of the season and has been training at Brockhall and proven himself to the manager. I will have faith in the manager to judge it he is good enough and would be open to his getting a deal.

If we get him in and he fails. It's pretty much career over for Rodwell. I would rather we gave a player with pedigree a chance and failed then never give somebody a road back into the game. Look at Steven Caulker at Dundee.

Give the lad a chance!