Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Oldgregg86

Colin hendry

Recommended Posts

Was in the LT a few days ago I believe.

I have a mate who has played with him in Lytham a few times...says he is a very sad shadow of his former self and one of the worst players in their group.

As a CB myself, I used to idolise Big Col. Hard to remember him as fondly after he did the dodgy on his kindly neighbours. Legend on the pitch though.

I do still remember when I was mascot against Leeds, and he came and shook my hand in the dressing room...stark bollock naked! And all those Colin show us yer arse moments. I wonder now if he was secretly a nudist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got talking to someone who was in the Moorgate pre game on Saturday and he said the team thought he was still superb.

A much better standard of football on the Flyde Coast then down Pleasy, obviously!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Got talking to someone who was in the Moorgate pre game on Saturday and he said the team thought he was still superb.

A much better standard of football on the Flyde Coast then down Pleasy, obviously!

Maybe! If I'm remembering rightly, there are other ex-pros in the group they play with, so the standard won't be so bad, and this convo was a couple of years ago. Col has battled some demons in recent times, maybe he was having a rougher time of it back then than he is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Was in the LT a few days ago I believe.

I have a mate who has played with him in Lytham a few times...says he is a very sad shadow of his former self and one of the worst players in their group.

As a CB myself, I used to idolise Big Col. Hard to remember him as fondly after he did the dodgy on his kindly neighbours. Legend on the pitch though.

I do still remember when I was mascot against Leeds, and he came and shook my hand in the dressing room...stark bollock naked! And all those Colin show us yer arse moments. I wonder now if he was secretly a nudist.

Man, he is 51 years of age! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Was in the LT a few days ago I believe.

I have a mate who has played with him in Lytham a few times...says he is a very sad shadow of his former self and one of the worst players in their group.

As a CB myself, I used to idolise Big Col. Hard to remember him as fondly after he did the dodgy on his kindly neighbours. Legend on the pitch though.

I do still remember when I was mascot against Leeds, and he came and shook my hand in the dressing room...stark bollock naked! And all those Colin show us yer arse moments. I wonder now if he was secretly a nudist.

We are all sad shadows of our former selves when we get into our 50s. But he is still a very good player at Blackburn Combination level, believe me!!

Anyone who has ever played against an ageing ex pro will probably know what I'm talking about - they are light years ahead of us mere mortals.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Man, he is 51 years of age! 😂

He's almost 53 but your point is valid mate lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said it before, but you can find him at The Alma in Baxenden at the weekend from time to time. Me and Biz saw him in there one Friday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Man, he is 51 years of age! 😂

Kept his self fit though since he retired he's never stopped playing one way or another plus he lost his licence once when he lived in Lytham and was seen steaming around everywhere on a mountain bike so that might've helped 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Kept his self fit though since he retired he's never stopped playing one way or another plus he lost his licence once when he lived in Lytham and was seen steaming around everywhere on a mountain bike so that might've helped 😅

He doesn't look much older now than he did in the mid 90s. He has grown into his weathered old face if anything 

He is probably my favourite Rovers player. An old cliche but they don't make em like him anymore 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Just hope you have paid that money back Colin!

Disgusting individual, they'll never see those life savings again, how does he sleep at night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Man, he is 51 years of age! 😂

Only passing on what I heard. Didn't say I expected him to be a superstar in his 50's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bumped in to him and had a chat at Dubai airport couple of months back, he was with Steve Staunton, they'd be doing a talk at one of the bars over here and I was flying out on business.

He was in good form and looked very well, always been very nice to me and my parents over the years when we've met him at the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/11/2018 at 17:20, rigger said:

Isn't he on the charity tandem/rickshaw ride today, for radio Lancs.

Trying to get money out of people? Hmmmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colin is a guest on Radio Lancs right now for those interested.

He's currently talking about The Full Members Cup.

Edited by Husky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/11/2018 at 16:16, Bigdoggsteel said:

He doesn't look much older now than he did in the mid 90s. He has grown into his weathered old face if anything 

He is probably my favourite Rovers player. An old cliche but they don't make em like him anymore 

Funny you should say that, one of mates had a photo with him and it didn't dawn on me who it was for a while.

Screenshot_20190204-192613.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The years haven't been kind to Colin but he and his family have had alot of bad luck.

What a player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.