Neal

Summer Transfer Window 2019

4 hours ago, RovingRover said:

Think Mowbray wants the next signing to be a goalkeeper.

The club are bouncing some low-ish offers off of clubs in Germany and Holland for CB's who are running down their contracts.

Bit of a bizarre move to make at this late stage of the transfer window. For me, if we don't tie down at least another CB and Winger, we have left a risk going forward into January with a lack of pace on the wings and a commanding CB for when Mulgrew has a patch of poor form.

Current goalkeeper target is out of contract and has been mentioned on here before.

Adrian, mate. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

any names? 

can you name this keeper?

Waldemar Anton (sure he's a player of interest) and of course Robin Bormuth.

I am pretty certain there is a Holland based defender of interest as well. But haven't got any names.

I suspect Jordan Archer is of interest to Mowbray.

Just now, neophox said:

Adrian, mate. 

Not a chance in Hell.

Edited by RovingRover
Added reply.

5 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Adarabioyo eventually signing is decent enough, but doesn’t go far enough to addressing our defensive frailties in my opinion. A proven no nonsense centre back still needed. A dominant leader who wins headers and we might do something this season. We also need Mowbray to wise up to Bennett not being a full back too. 

Still fully expect us to line up with the same back 4 that started against Rangers against Charlton. Which is utterly ludicrous.

“It might take him a little while, a couple of weeks to get to grips with the team, but then he’ll be looking to force his way into the side.” - Mowbray on Adarabioyo.

Hopefully it will be Lenihan’s place he is pushing for, because we need a centre back better at defending than anyone currently on the books to make this much talked about assault on the playoffs.

Now there is a surprise.  

Just now, RovingRover said:

Waldemar Anton (sure he's a player of interest) and of course Robin Bormuth.

I am pretty certain there is a Holland based defender of interest as well. But haven't got any names.

I suspect Jordan Archer is of interest to Mowbray.

Not a chance in Hell.

would be ok with Archer. 

Thanks for info. keep posting your info please

would be ok with Archer. 

Thanks for info. keep posting your info please

Ok?

Theres a reason They released him and got Bialkowski. Stay away!

Just now, neophox said:

Markovic is still available on a free, just saying.

209 games in his professional footballing career. 32 goals scored and 27 assists.
Not a brilliant record for a winger who has played in some decent squads over the years.

Still find it mind-boggling that he was signed by Liverpool for £20 million and within 5 years been released on a free. He was then released on a free again by Fulham 12 months after signing for them having played ONE game!

Just now, neophox said:

Ok?

3 mins earlier...

Just now, neophox said:

Markovic is still available on a free, just saying.

Edited by RovingRover

4 hours ago, RovingRover said:

For me, if we don't tie down at least another CB and Winger, we have left a risk going forward into January with a lack of pace on the wings

Thanks for your info, but, do you honestly believe that?

Between Armstrong, Rothwell, Chapman, Gallagher and Brereton I'd wager we have the fastest set of options for the flanks in the entire league!! Definitely the fastest for us since we got relegated.

Just now, neophox said:

Ok?

Didn’t Jordan archer have a worldy at ewood last season? Seem to remember him making a few really good saves from danny Graham and kept millwall in the game if I remember right ? Never seen him play other than that game so cannot judge really 

Just now, bluebruce said:

Between Armstrong, Rothwell, Chapman, Gallagher and Brereton I'd wager we have the fastest set of options for the flanks in the entire league!! Definitely the fastest for us since we got relegated.

Have highlighted the players who aren't actually wingers.

Would feel a heck of a lot more comfortable with actual pacey wingers on board. Prefer not to make do.

Just now, USABlue said:

Be expensive no?  He's a defender yet video shows more of him attacking than defending, why?

Started life as a striker and gradually made his way to Central defence. Shades of Colin Hendry? 

Edited by Tugayisgod

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Ability to cross the ball?

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Hmmmm... Sure Kenny Dalglish (1992) and Greame Souness (2001) would agree with you 🧐... both of whom actually won us promotion... and then a pretty significant trophy after that...

And... Since Mark Hughes. So that's Paul Ince, Sam Allardyce, Steve Kean, Henning Berg, Michael Appleton, Gary Bowyer, Paul Labert, Owen Coyle. High praise indeed. 👀

Did you actually just say Tony Mowbray is a better manager than Dalglish, Souness and Allardyce. You actually did.

2 of what you're drinking! 

I think due to his experience he's done lots of good work behind the scenes, a bit more than just a steady hand like Bowyer but on the pitch and in the transfer market he's bang on par with GB yet for me.

12 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Hmmmm... Sure Kenny Dalglish (1992) and Greame Souness (2001) would agree with you 🧐... both of whom actually won us promotion... and then a pretty significant trophy after that...

And... Since Mark Hughes. So that's Paul Ince, Sam Allardyce, Steve Kean, Henning Berg, Michael Appleton, Gary Bowyer, Paul Labert, Owen Coyle. High praise indeed. 👀

Did you actually just say Tony Mowbray is a better manager than Dalglish, Souness and Allardyce. You actually did.

2 of what you're drinking! 

Souness and Dalglish were before Hughes were there? So clearly not since Mark Hughes days

Villa were in for Anton not long ago, not sure if they still are.  Can't see us landing him I'm afraid.

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Boaz Myhill , bet you. 

I’d take Jason Puncheon, can see him doing a similar job as lualua did for Brighton on their promotion season

Myhill must be closer to 40 than 30.

Underwhelmed, yet again.

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 18:35, RevidgeBlue said:
Just now, Mercer said:

Myhill must be closer to 40 than 30.

Underwhelmed, yet again.

Underwhelmed is your resting state Mercer - until you've had a win at the bookies and a few glasses of good red of course.....

Experienced keeper that won't cost 25/40k pwk like some of the other higher profile names, makes more sense really.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly. Best manager we had at this level and that IMO best manager since Mark Hughes

I took that to include any manager we have had not in the top flight... clearly you were only referring to the list of jokers and clowns post 2012.

Souness and Dalglish were before Hughes were there? So clearly not since Mark Hughes days

I've only been aware of football since the premier league era began, but of all our managers i think it's easy so state that the top three are clearly (chronologically) Dalglish, Souness and Hughes, with Allardyce easily in 4th.

Most fans around this board can't even decide fully if Mowbray is doing better than Bowyer, so even if Mowbray is the 5th best manager we've had in 30 years... the managers ranked 5th - 15th are all pretty laughable, very flawed or simply bang average.

You're still saying Mowbray is better than Allardyce... which is amusing.

Just now, yeti-dog said:

Underwhelmed is your resting state Mercer - until you've had a win at the bookies and a few glasses of good red of course.....

Feeling good today!  Just savouring a Sauvignon Blanc from The Eisele Vineyard which was given as a 'thank you' present - reds don't always rule!

Had three winners at Goodwood today, Dirty Rascal, Too Darn Hot and Timoshenko so the SVB is sliding down well!

Sorry to disappoint you!

Edited by Mercer