BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

• Backroom
43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Great seeing Leeds and Hull lose this weekend

Leeds losing was nice, sadly it meant Wigan winning! 

I have no feelings either way towards Hull, they just kind of exist.

• Like 1

On 29/01/2020 at 20:18, chaddyrovers said:

Great stat, and puts paid to the belief of some that we're slow starters. However, it probably also puts us high up the table for points lost from winning positions, added to further yesterday. 

That's a really frustrating aspect of this season (besides injuries to keep players & silly home defeats), but also what gives me some realistic hope that if we can just manage games a bit better we can turn draws into victories. Sadly, the ongoing loss of experienced players in key positions makes that harder.

• Like 1

On 30/01/2020 at 20:35, Stuart said:

Such a shame we don’t have adequate cover and Mowbray will promote Bennett back to a starting berth before someone like JRC or Mols.

So this didn't happen; another example of an undroppable favourite being marginalised (a la Smallwood, Williams, Mulgrew etc.).

I know I come across as glass half full on here; that's because I like to believe that TM is principled, well-intentioned & deserving of the solid reputation he has within the game. He can be frustrating & contradictory in what he says sometimes, but he also has to work within a context (club / owner's demands, financial limitations, players' personal issues etc.) that we can't possibly know.

If we put aside the anti-Mowbray sentiment / narrative and look at the job he's done from an outsider's objective perspective, at this point in time most will say he has done a decent job overall considering the state of the club on his arrival.

Could he have done better? Probably, but he could have done much worse ( as many others did before him) or quit because he didn't fancy the challenge (like Lambert).

Can he take us further? Maybe, maybe not. This window was v disappointing but was it all his fault?

Who knows. But I believe he is well intentioned and deserves the goodwill of fans who all want the best for this club so far as is possible under the current regime.

Sorry, I've derailed this thread a bit; as you were.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

So this didn't happen; another example of an undroppable favourite being marginalised (a la Smallwood, Williams, Mulgrew etc.).

I know I come across as glass half full on here; that's because I like to believe that TM is principled, well-intentioned & deserving of the solid reputation he has within the game. He can be frustrating & contradictory in what he says sometimes, but he also has to work within a context (club / owner's demands, financial limitations, players' personal issues etc.) that we can't possibly know.

If we put aside the anti-Mowbray sentiment / narrative and look at the job he's done from an outsider's objective perspective, at this point in time most will say he has done a decent job overall considering the state of the club on his arrival.

Could he have done better? Probably, but he could have done much worse ( as many others did before him) or quit because he didn't fancy the challenge (like Lambert).

Can he take us further? Maybe, maybe not. This window was v disappointing but was it all his fault?

Who knows. But I believe he is well intentioned and deserves the goodwill of fans who all want the best for this club so far as is possible under the current regime.

Sorry, I've derailed this thread a bit; as you were.

No, it didn’t happen, which is good. But he was then first sub for whomever came off first, and ended up as number 10? He has hardly been marginalised.

If you take away the L1 record then what do you have? A manager punching well above his weight who would have been replaced at any other club.

I get that being promoted from L1 at the first attempt is a success but this is negated by the fact he was brought in to prevent relegation and didn’t. I get that it sounds churlish you dismiss it but we just aren’t ruthless enough and we have a similar bloke now in the dugout, so we have a similar team on the pitch, so we are a midtable side haemorrhaging money who can’t attract fans back so the die hards have to suffer and take up the slack. While thanking Venkys for funding their cock up, while thanking Mowbray for managing his cock ups, and championing mediocrity.

We need the money that PL football brings. It’s that simple and it’s that cold. How long until our debt is £200m? Our next embargo? Bolton double relegation or Bury extinction? We don’t have the luxury of time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What surprised me is that Bennett was brought on first to play in an a position he's not really suited for inspite of the fact he's supposed to be carrying an injury. 

He played right wing when he first came on until Half time when he played just ahead of Travis and Downing. I would have put Downing there and Bought Johnson on instead. If Buckley had been on bench then I guess he would have come on

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What surprised me is that Bennett was brought on first to play in an a position he's not really suited for inspite of the fact he's supposed to be carrying an injury. 

Surprised?  Bennos pretty much guaranteed a game in any position, injured or not.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Armstrong, forgot about him! Young, English and a goal scorer. He’d be the one to attract an over-inflated fee.

Never thought I'd say this but he's the one of the ones I fear most leaving. Other than Dack one of our most influential players and unlike Dack (with Holtby around) we have no other striker who a) plays that style which benefits us and b) is likely to get over 10 goals. Taken a while to get there but Arma is developing into a fine player. 

WBA have only won 1 in their 8 games

Leeds only conceded 10 goals in the 1st 21 games. Now 17 goals conceded in last 9 games. Lost 3 out of their last 4 games

Fulham have picked 13 points in last 6 games. 

Brentford havent scored 11 games out of their 30 games but have best defence in the league. 

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

WBA have only won 1 in their 8 games

Leeds only conceded 10 goals in the 1st 21 games. Now 17 goals conceded in last 9 games. Lost 3 out of their last 4 games

Fulham have picked 13 points in last 6 games. 

Brentford havent scored 11 games out of their 30 games but have best defence in the league. 

I just don’t think people appreciate the sparkle you create . Thank you