BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 minute ago, Roverthechimp said:

Did you miss that he is carp? 😉🤣

I think JE (and others before him) don’t really trust Buckley in a 2 in midfield unless we have 5 at the back.

that said, if JRC and Tronstedt are fit then they are first choice on merit imo.

He's a fish!?! Oh that explains it!

1 hour ago, Roverthechimp said:

Did you miss that he is carp? 😉🤣

I think JE (and others before him) don’t really trust Buckley in a 2 in midfield unless we have 5 at the back.

that said, if JRC and Tronstedt are fit then they are first choice on merit imo.

I think Buckley can play when he’s in the mood but unfortunately he’s a card on legs. Tronstad keeps out of trouble most of the time and If JRC gets a card there’s usually a good reason for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think Buckley can play when he’s in the mood but unfortunately he’s a card on legs. Tronstad keeps out of trouble most of the time and If JRC gets a card there’s usually a good reason for it.

if we get travis back and bucko and jrc stays fit next season we could have a mf battle with whos playing trons

10 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

if we get travis back and bucko and jrc stays fit next season we could have a mf battle with whos playing trons

If we want to look up the table I think I would look to offload Travis and Bucko. JRC is good and versatile, but a bit too injury prone. 

• Like 1

How old is Buckley now? 23/24 with probably 100+ games at first team level. Hes no better than when he broke out of the U21s. Unfortunately I think we've got to realise hell never be an answer. Its telling that JDT and JE both dont seem to fancy him.

Might have a bit of transfer value that could be invested wisely....not that we can trust our lot to A. Give us the money and B. Invest it properly. 

• Like 1

I think Buckley will continue to play an important role for us. Hes good in a midfield three and can cover right back too. Just suffering at the moment as we effectively play 442 with Szmods up front with Gallagher. Garrett and Travis are both closer the exit door I would say.

Likely both Szmods and Gallagher will leave this summer so the balance of the team could change quite significantly. Could easily end up with JRC, Tronstad and Buckley in a midfield three and more of a proper number 9 leading the line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Torgeir said:

If we want to look up the table I think I would look to offload Travis and Bucko. JRC is good and versatile, but a bit too injury prone. 

Do you seriously think that we are going to be signing better players than Travis and Buckley this Summer ? What with - magic beans ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, benhben said:

How old is Buckley now? 23/24 with probably 100+ games at first team level. Hes no better than when he broke out of the U21s. Unfortunately I think we've got to realise hell never be an answer. Its telling that JDT and JE both dont seem to fancy him.

Might have a bit of transfer value that could be invested wisely....not that we can trust our lot to A. Give us the money and B. Invest it properly. 

He definitely is. We forget how raw Buckley looked until he had at least 50 or games under his belt. He's still flawed and inconsistent, but he was like a little boy when he was first in the team. 

You'd say that he hasn't really kicked on since Mowbray's last season when he started to look the business. Injuries and not being fancied by JDT didn't help, but he has to take responsibility too. Big season for him next time around, because you're right that he can't be considered a youngster anymore. 

• Like 2

We have such a small pool of first team Championship standard players, and have suffered with the small squad all season as a result of the budget cuts. I can't get my head around people encouraging selling the ones we do have, even if people wouldn't start them if everyone was fit. Travis is more useful than Buckley, but getting rid of either only cuts us down further.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Do you seriously think that we are going to be signing better players than Travis and Buckley this Summer ? What with - magic beans ?

Well we did get Tronstad on a free who is better than them both.

Not advocating selling either of them as it would probably be a cheap loan or nobody with this convenient block on sending funds over   ,I would have sold Travis if JDT was still manager but he will have a clean slate under Eustace,tho I don't see him playing ahead of Tronstad or JRC and being out of the team here left Travis moaning behind the scenes etc reportedly 

I take people's point that we probably wouldn't sign better and would keep them both but at the same in Travis case going from being a regular starter and captain to being a bench player he won't want that and will be pushing to move away and rarely an unhappy player pushing for a move is kept on at any club,they get the move

He might not get in the team if Tronstad and Rankin Costello are both fit, which is a big if with the latter who is also needed in other positions.

The supposed talk about him being disruptive was mentioned specifically that he wasnt playing the position he wanted in defensive midfield, when he did play he was expected to play further forward whereas Eustace is a lot more conservative. When he did play, it was often at full back. But I suspect there was a personal issue between Tomasson and Travis hence why he wasnt even selected in favour of Garrett, and also Wharton was here. Plus a clear financial motive to push him out. 

We need to get out of this habit of going, he wouldnt make our best team if everyone was fit so let him move on. He would get plenty of game time here even if we regularly had a fully fit squad.

• Like 2

On 08/04/2024 at 06:45, NeilInBristol said:

You can't make any assumptions about JRC being fit next season. He misses more games than he plays.

When he returns its like having a new signing. He is so good when he does play that I think we just have to accept that's how  it is. We are a better side when he plays.

11 hours ago, 47er said:

You can't make any assumptions about JRC being fit next season. He misses more games than he plays.

When he returns its like having a new signing. He is so good when he does play that I think we just have to accept that's how  it is. We are a better side when he plays.

Not only that but when he does play he usually comes off around the 65-70 minutes so we still need adequate subs to come on.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not only that but when he does play he usually comes off around the 65-70 minutes so we still adequate subs to come on.

Key point. Our squad is thin

Bucko not a good impact sub?

Two games this week so I wonder if he will start one as jrc won't be fit if he plays both

10 hours ago, islander200 said:

Well we did get Tronstad on a free who is better than them both.

Not advocating selling either of them as it would probably be a cheap loan or nobody with this convenient block on sending funds over   ,I would have sold Travis if JDT was still manager but he will have a clean slate under Eustace,tho I don't see him playing ahead of Tronstad or JRC and being out of the team here left Travis moaning behind the scenes etc reportedly 

I take people's point that we probably wouldn't sign better and would keep them both but at the same in Travis case going from being a regular starter and captain to being a bench player he won't want that and will be pushing to move away and rarely an unhappy player pushing for a move is kept on at any club,they get the move

Sadly that's going to be the ask of Broughton - finding the Tronstad's of the world. I think they're few and far between. 

• Like 1