BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Didn’t he get a similar injury away at Stoke last season that kept him out for months ?

He did.

He had just started to play pretty well too, had a good 5/6 games in a row where it looked like he was getting to grips with what JDT wanted out of him.

• Like 1

On 20/12/2023 at 06:15, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If my memory is right he went in for a 25/75 tackle with the wrong leg and got the worst of it.

He twisted the bottom half of his leg and it fucked his knee up really badly.

He's had some bad luck this past couple of seasons which is a real shame as he's got some quality about him.

If it's his shoulder this time round then hopefully his recovery will be easier.

Wishing him all the best obviously.

4 minutes ago, philipl said:

Loan terminated and returning to Ewood for recovery.

Always found it interesting that when Poveda did his knee playing for us, Leeds made us continue to pay his salary for the loan contract as he did it playing for us. Hopefully we've done the same to Sheff Weds.

• Like 2

Interesting point but I think, if I understand the situations correctly, Poveda - for whatever reason - remained on Rovers books during his injury rehab at Leeds and would return to Rovers once he recovered from injury. Buckley's deal has, it seems, been permanently ended by, according to Rovers website, a recall.

This one is a real shame. Buckley for a time was a great championship midfielder. Good pass and good work rate. His attitude became more and more of a problem. Acting like a hard man, arguing with officials, it became clear something had gone very wrong mentally.  He didn't react well to the new manager what so ever. Sadly, I do think he will soon not even be a professional footballer. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Time to accept that Buckley just isn't good enough to be playing Championship football. In a year or so he will be most likely plying his trade a league or two down the pyramid. 

If he is, let's hope it is not with the Rovers !

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Time to accept that Buckley just isn't good enough to be playing Championship football. In a year or so he will be most likely plying his trade a league or two down the pyramid. 

So, we aren’t selling him for £10millon+?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

With us on L1 the way things are heading. Telalovic, Ennis and Leonard will also be better suited to that level. 

Buckley is definitely good enough to be playing Championship football. He just needs to adapt to the way that JDT wants him to play. Hopefully he will soon recover from his injury and play a part in rescuing our season that is rapidly going down the pan.

Edited by Uddersfelt Blue
  • Like 3

Wednesday fans seem to be happy enough with him with a few saying he helped kickstart their season against Leicester. 

We definitely have worse players and it was always a bit weird to me that we loaned him out, I seem to recall JDT being a little perplexed at the time too. 

Hopefully he recovers and can kick on with us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Buckley is definitely good enough to be playing Championship football. He just needs to adapt to the way that JDT wants him to play. Hopefully he will soon recover from his injury and play a part in rescuing our season that is rapidly going down the pan.

I'm running out of hope for Buckley to fulfill his potential having always rated him highly. He has had some spells, such as when he played as a false forward with Reda Khadra on the wings and we surged to near the top of the league under Mowbray, mid-season. He really impressed for a while with running with the ball, if not actually being a threat in the box. Reda Khadra's pace really helped, I believe, by creating an outlet and a goal threat from different areas of the pitch.

There then came a Mowbray spell when Buckley came in at the end of the season in central midfield and scored a couple of long-range strikes, if I remember correctly. I was surprised by it because he had never seemed much of a goal threat and here he was slamming a shot in from 25 yards.

JDT believes in minimal touches from his midfield, and Buckley and has struggled to make an impact. To be fair, nearly every Rovers midfield player from Travis to Wharton has been very inconsistent, if not poor at times, suggesting a wider issue with the team. Only Tronstad seems to have any consistency at the moment.

Buckley has comparable ability to Rothwell, I believe, though he might not have the same pace, so it might be useful to think about how Rothwell went from bit-part and frustratingly inconsistent to a first name on the team sheet. My own pure guess is that Buckley struggles with self-belief and this might be the club's biggest challenge. If he was put in a team that relieved him of too many defensive duties and the confidence to express himself, it might help him flourish. But, I personally I don't have confidence of seeing that happening at Rovers given our wider struggles with quality and a utter lack of pace in the team. Players like Reda Khadra and Poveda seemed to get the best out of him and others because of their threat over the top and offering a bigger area of the pitch to make passes within and a speedier counter-attack.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

Some good points river but we are in danger of dumbing down the squad to fit a certain way of playing with players who clearly either aren’t up to it or just don’t have the experience.

Travis and Buckley are experienced Championship players (I may regret that statement if they leave) who can certainly do a good job at this level but are being cast aside because JDT doesn’t rate them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Any injury updates?

I like Garett but he isn't ready for consistent games in the championship with such important games coming up.

Need bucko back asap

He didn't make the bench yesterday but on Thurs JE reported he is back in the squad.  

I had hoped he would have made the bench at least..we need all the bodies we have. Any updates?

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo

45 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Any injury updates?

I like Garett but he isn't ready for consistent games in the championship with such important games coming up.

Need bucko back asap

He didn't make the bench yesterday but on Thurs JE reported he is back in the squad.  

I had hoped he would have made the bench at least..we need all the bodies we have. Any updates?

Buckley is playing under 21's tomorrow 

• Like 1

Absolutely. Fleck is seemingly a write off, JRC is both needed at right wing back and also has another injury, so we are left with a player who has been out long term after failing to get into the side who are 2nd bottom, and Garrett who is nowhere near up to it. It was our strongest position until we sold Wharton and let Travis leave.

The squad is full of below par players unfortunately, quite a few have been added this season and it is little wonder we are where we are.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Any injury updates?

Need bucko back asap

I actually have more confidence in Garrett than Buckley right now, especially in a relegation fight. At least he doesn't go missing.

• Like 3