BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

Should've kept him he'd have got involvement in games and at some point possibly replaced Wharton for a bit.

Stupid loan driven by cost cutting dressed up as giving him mins elsewhere.

Cost cutting most likely was a factor but you don't think he wanted game time and therefore also wanted the loan? He'd barely made a match day squad in the league. 

It’s a long season, 50+ games, twice a week. He’d have had ample opportunities in such a small squad.

It’s obvious that JDT didn’t want him out without a replacement. It’s now put real pressure on a teenager to run matches game after game after game and potentially burning him out/injuries.

Another shambolic window.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, alex l said:

Cost cutting most likely was a factor but you don't think he wanted game time and therefore also wanted the loan? He'd barely made a match day squad in the league. 

Because he wasn't doing it in training so that's an issue for him and the manager to resolve. He would be involved here by now if he'd pulled his finger out, JDT wanted him to stay but ok'd it when he was told there was another 2 coming in.

Do we loan out every player who is pissed off because they think on reputation alone they should be in the team ?

Come off it he's contracted to Blackburn Rovers, we desperately need depth and he would provide that.  Stupid decision to save a few grand....again.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know how he is getting on? I see 6 games, no goals or assists (not that that means much at this stage). I see they still haven't won, though they've drawn 2 of their 3 draws in the last 5 games, and he played in those (only as a sub in the last one though...in fact he's come on as a sub in their last 2 matches so I assume he hasn't impressed much).

There has been rubbish in the past about £10m price tags but I think Buckley is at a big risk of slipping away. He has never repeated the purple patch he had as a false 9 during our great run under Mowbray which was 2 years ago and whilst he obviously has talent, there seems to be questions marks over his application and also as to where he plays best. 

I was against him leaving because it would leave us short, that was when we only really had Wharton and Travis truly in front of him. Tronstad had played an hour and then at times fallen out of the matchday 20 which didnt bode well but his recent 2 appearances have shown signs of promise and Rankin Costello had never played in a midfield 2 apart from when chasing a game but he has done well there in those 2 games, albeit the worry is we are a full back unavailability away from needing to move him back, although whilst I dont think it suits Hill, his versatility to cover right back maybe lessens that. Even Garrett who I still dont think is Championship standard has impressed in the cups. So I am nowhere near as against him being loaned out, albeit the issue is still the overall numbers in the squad, had it helped to create some flexibility to get another wide man in for example which it should then that would have made more sense.

On 30/09/2023 at 21:21, Rogerb said:

With sheff weds owner pulling the plug on funds strongly suspect Buckos loan won't be getting extended beyond end of December 

Has achieved nothing there for Wednesday and nothing for his own confidence which I imagine has gone backwards.

Stupid knee-jerk reaction to the owners' self-inflicted problems.

17 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Anybody know how he is getting on? I see 6 games, no goals or assists (not that that means much at this stage). I see they still haven't won, though they've drawn 2 of their 3 draws in the last 5 games, and he played in those (only as a sub in the last one though...in fact he's come on as a sub in their last 2 matches so I assume he hasn't impressed much).

see also BBD at Villarreal*

*absolutely guessing here

1 minute ago, Tricky said:

see also BBD at Villarreal*

*absolutely guessing here

buckley has been playing in a 4/3/3 on the left or right side of attack(not his position) could change as wednesday are looking for a new manager,he has`nt made any impression at all tbh,id`e recall him in january if it continues

bbd is struggling badly at villarreal,he`s now playing at a much higher level and looks lost in all honesty,i don`t think he`s got the skills to adjust to spanish football,his first touch was always terrible

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

buckley has been playing in a 4/3/3 on the left or right side of attack(not his position) could change as wednesday are looking for a new manager,he has`nt made any impression at all tbh,id`e recall him in january if it continues

bbd is struggling badly at villarreal,he`s now playing at a much higher level and looks lost in all honesty,i don`t think he`s got the skills to adjust to spanish football,his first touch was always terrible

That’s why he always wanted to play from deep. He had more space so he could afford to miss-trap the ball and still run after it.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I don't think we're exactly missing him. His best asset at the moment is being a warm body.

He would have likely put a few of the chances away that we have created.

Edit: assumed you meant Brereton based on previous conversation, if Buckley as per the thread then I take it back.

Edited by roversfan99

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He would have likely put a few of the chances away that we have created.

Edit: assumed you meant Brereton based on previous conversation, if Buckley as per the thread then I take it back.

Yes, I mean Buckley.

As for BBD, of course he'd be a useful addition, although I do believe that Sigurdsson is an upgrade.