Jump to content
GunnerRover7

January transfer window 2020

Recommended Posts

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Getting excited about a sell on fee on deadline day. The life of a Rovers fanĀ šŸ˜‚

At least it's brought us all together for a little while!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RoverKyle said:

At least it's brought us all together for a little while!

A sell on fee is something we can all get behind!

#doitoleĀ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

That would be a result if we got some money for king- personally donā€™t think he is Man Utd quality but you batter in oleĀ 

I agree with you regarding him not being a " Man Utd " player. Lots of very good players have flopped there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sell on fee doesn't work like a quick bank transfer into Tony Mowb's Lloyds and there's a cheeky 5mil and Jozwiaks a Rover. It'll be the summer before we see the effect of that compensation, but will help massively with FFP more than anything.Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roversfan99 said:

Even if he was sold we wouldnt suddenly start splashing out buying players at this late stage.

Hey hey less of thatĀ 

Seriously though,it might give us a bit more flex with wages,but I agree I doubt we would splash it, but Curtis at 3 million......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be a handy wedge for summer and ease FFP a bit just pray it wasn't sold outĀ by Shaw or anybody else for a lot less.

Edited by tomphil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeH said:

Sell on fee doesn't work like a quick bank transfer into Tony Mowb's Lloyds and there's a cheeky 5mil and Jozwiaks a Rover. It'll be the summer before we see the effect of that compensation, but will help massively withļ»æļ»æ FFP more than anything.Ā 

Yeah, wouldn't expect that any dealings today (or lack thereof) could possibly be affected. Even so, assuming it would be somewhere between 5-8 million, then it should significantly change the complexion of the summer. Come on Ole!Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A sell on fee is something we can all get behind!

#doitoleĀ 

'Get behind the fee FFS'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

That would be a result if we got some money for king- personally donā€™t think he is Man Utd quality but you batter in oleĀ 

Was your loan manĀ the Chelsea kid or somebody different?Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sell on fee would be spilit into installments as per what Bournemouth agree with United, so if they get it over 5 installments over 3 years then we will get 20% of each installment.

However, it is guaranteed income so we can use it to structure deals for any players that we wish to sign over a similar period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Sell on fee doesn't work like a quick bank transfer into Tony Mowb's Lloyds and there's a cheeky 5mil and Jozwiaks a Rover. It'll be the summer before we see the effect of that compensation, but will help massively with FFP more than anything.Ā 

I don't think anyone is insinuating that. I very much doubt that any of it would be made available todayĀ should it go through. As you say, it's great for FFP though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

The sell on fee would be spilit into installments as per what Bournemouth agree with United, so if they get it over 5 installments over 3 years then we will get 20% of each installment.

However, it is guaranteed income so we can use it to structure deals for any players that we wish to sign over a similar period.

Bang on.Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, savage90 said:

Was your loan manĀ the Chelsea kid or somebody different?Ā 

I was never given a name, however was told a prem player of decent calibreĀ so I donā€™t think it was a youngster. If I was to guess, Freeman, but not got anything to suggest that other than he fits into mowbrays way of thinkingĀ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Think that 20% is a Football Manager fairytale. He was a bosman so a development fee is way more likely.

Waldemer Anton was the one we went for late last January, strikes of this Faes fella

Did it but go to tribunal?If so then there will be a sell on clause.Im sure it was reported at the time that we would get 20 percent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

I was never given a name, however was told a prem player of decent calibreĀ so I donā€™t think it was a youngster. If I was to guess, Freeman, but not got anything to suggest that other than he fits into mowbrays way of thinkingĀ 

I still think Matt Ritchie..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

I still think Matt Ritchie..

Mentioned him a number of pages ago, VERY versatile and would be such a great option. Him and Downing would be a dream. Great corners, free-kicks and penalties too Ritchie. Nice calm head who can play full back leftĀ side, wide right or left or even through the middle like Downing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

I still think Matt Ritchie..

Wouldnā€™t be adverse to that either, letā€™s just all hope we get somebody in, to do nothing in January would make me despair at mowbray no matter how hard he ā€œtriedā€

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freeman seems most likely to me, Mowbray seems to like to go back to targets heā€™s missed out on beforeĀ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The question could be construed either way. I clarified what I meant straight away for those who didn't get that. So why are you still going on about it?Ā 

Ā 

Because I hadnā€™tĀ been on here that much yesterday, so I only got to see your response later on. Is that alright?

Edited by K-Hod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.