BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't Rovers fans like to moan about everything. writing a guy off before he even proper started the job. 

It's taken 6 months to appoint a scout and 2 years+ to sign anyone from Europe so I hope he's a good appointment. Hopefully by 2030 we will have signed someone from further than Teesside.

• Like 3

Just now, JHRover said:

It's taken 6 months to appoint a scout and 2 years+ to sign anyone from Europe so I hope he's a good appointment. Hopefully by 2030 we will have signed someone from further than Teesside.

well get someone who is attend the Supporter meeting to ask the question why it taken so long to appoint a head of European scouting? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

well get someone who is attend the Supporter meeting to ask the question why it taken so long to appoint a head of European scouting? 

Even if the question is asked I doubt it will get a sensible answer.

If you look back at previous Consultation Meetings they tend to time positive announcements so they are made at the meeting or just before. I think the one I went to was when they announced Bennett had signed a new contract and the last one Waggott announced his new 'senior management' team which was exactly the same as before.

So I suspect this earth shattering big news of a scout arriving will be the news for this meeting as something to settle supporters down and stave off any unrest until after the summer.

It doesn't take 6 months to do and it doesn't need a scout like this to sign a player from abroad. Expecting to come up with a Brentford style recruitment is pie in the sky stuff.

• Like 4

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Have you been asleep the last 9 years?

The simple fact of the matter, we have no idea why we appoint or what experience and knowledge he will bring to the table but lets have another whinge and moan about it. Instead of waiting and find out why we actually appoint him!

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

If you look back at previous Consultation Meetings they tend to time positive announcements so they are made at the meeting or just before. I think the one I went to was when they announced Bennett had signed a new contract and the last one Waggott announced his new 'senior management' team which was exactly the same as before.

So I suspect this earth shattering big news of a scout arriving will be the news for this meeting as something to settle supporters down and stave off any unrest until after the summer.

It doesn't take 6 months to do and it doesn't need a scout like this to sign a player from abroad. Expecting to come up with a Brentford style recruitment is pie in the sky stuff.

Well that down to you JH. 

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Those who want Mowbray fired might care to reflect that this might well mean Ribeiro would be in pole position to replace him. Think on.

Project fear MK2 ?

And what about (edit) Jurdan Ali ..?

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I think it would be interesting to know  how they came across this guy , why particularly did they think he was the ‘outstanding candidate’ given that he doesn’t have a cv as a scout .Was there a list of applicants or was he singled out and approached ?

• Like 1

Just now, TBTF said:

I think it would be interesting to know  how they came across this guy , why particularly did they think he was the ‘outstanding candidate’ given that he doesn’t have a cv as a scout .Was there a list of applicants or was he singled out and approached ?

Actually , forget it . I can’t be arsed with any of it any more 

• Like 3

• Backroom

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17930673.where-aiming-year--mowbray-outlines-rovers-target/

“If we’re in the top half of the table and threatening the top six around Christmas and the new year I can hopefully go to the owners and ask for some more help and that last little push to try and push us ultimately to where we want to be.

I guess that didn't work out then.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Are you referring to me or Venkys?

I see Rochina has just scored at the Nou Camp against Barca ! He would have needed to learn how we play anyway .

never mind , we’ve got that talent that is Elliot Bennett.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TBTF said:

I see Rochina has just scored at the Nou Camp against Barca ! He would have needed to learn how we play anyway .

never mind , we’ve got that talent that is Elliot Bennett.

A player who can play right back, left back, left wing, central midfield, right wing and as a number 10? He must be worth tens of millions.