GunnerRover7

January transfer window 2020

22 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm sure you meant they should be shown the door. Sadly, I won't be surprised if one or two of them are shown the deal...

They should be gone. I would only keep Downing and possible Graham. 

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Out of contract players receive a month's wages if they have not found a new club by the end of July.

Put them on furlough. A push back into the real world.

Perfect excuse for the club. There's a few who'll get new deals under the guise of an inactive window nationwide.

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

Put them on furlough. A push back into the real world.

No one can be put on furlough now. Deadline was 10th June. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Would that not extend a month if their contracts were extended as such?

I don't think so

If we are looking for a new keeper, one of the best ones in the Swedish league will leave once his contract expires. Not the tallest guy, but decent command of his area and brilliant on the line. No idea if he would come here, just an potential option.

Some highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQzeQzIM--M

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Could Rovers make a move for him? 

Given the rationale given there for Boro letting him go, I wouldn't have thought so.

20 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Given the rationale given there for Boro letting him go, I wouldn't have thought so.

would be an good free signing for any championship club. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

would be an good free signing for any championship club. 

I would certainly have him . Is it possible unlikely 

21 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I would certainly have him . Is it possible unlikely 

We have no idea on budgets at our club for next season. 

I would take him. it appears that he has a move line up. Don't know where

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Given we are told to save the club and our owners by buying cardboard cut outs have a guess what our budget might look like with FFP and possible salary cap based on our income ???

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Think it gives it away when the CEO has to beg the fans not to consider claiming a refund of 60 quid to help to save the club!

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I’m not a fortune teller, but if the club are encouraging us not to seek refunds and are going to lose ticket revenue for the rest of this season and most likely the start of next, I’d guess it won’t be a big war chest like Nicko used to tease us with....

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’m not a fortune teller, but if the club are encouraging us not to seek refunds and are going to lose ticket revenue for the rest of this season and most likely the start of next, I’d guess it won’t be a big war chest like Nicko used to tease us with....

I've never said a war chest would be available tho K-Hod. I would expect a sale of one or two of these players like Armstrong, Dack, Lenihan, Nyambe and Travis to suit the FFP rules. Mowbray need to smart and clever in the transfer market. Will we focus move on the foreign market? I not expecting millions spend on one player. It will low fee signings, loans and frees if we can with the FFP rules. We need the EFL to sort out whether the FFP rules will be relax or rid off. 

48 minutes ago, TBTF said:

Given we are told to save the club and our owners by buying cardboard cut outs have a guess what our budget might look like with FFP and possible salary cap based on our income ???

Any salary cap wouldn't come in but be phase in over a couple of seasons. 

Are the FFP rules going to be relaxed? 

I see Chelsea want Brentford's Benrahma for 30 million pounds plus Arsenal and Leicester. So that's will allow Brentford to spend on players. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've never said a war chest would be available tho K-Hod. I would expect a sale of one or two of these players like Armstrong, Dack, Lenihan, Nyambe and Travis to suit the FFP rules. Mowbray need to smart and clever in the transfer market. 

Do you? 

If you're expecting Mowbray to wheel and deal his way to success I suspect you'll be sorely disappointed I'm afraid.

What's happening to the much vaunted set up of our European scouting operation which seems to have been in the offing for eons now. Still not had enough time to set it up?

There's several out of contract players, let's say Richie Smallwood, Jayson Leutwiler and some others go, that frees up wages for free transfers. Outside of any financial struggles in terms of the refund situation, we will probably still be somewhat active. Players out of contract will have to take what they can get if clubs haven't got the cash to throw £20k pw at them.

39 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

very predictable.

pure desperation.

To be fair I'm not sure we can call it desperation. It sounds like the option was triggered sometime ago by promotion, rather than a lack of funds so we'll make do. 

Bell is bang average, we should be looking to get a real left back in this summer, but signing Bell up for another year tells me we probably won't bother and go with him or Williams there for next season.

Plus, it's another roadblock in front of Lewis Thompson who we should be really looking to get involved with the first team picture this season.

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Do you? 

If you're expecting Mowbray to wheel and deal his way to success I suspect you'll be sorely disappointed I'm afraid.

What's happening to the much vaunted set up of our European scouting operation which seems to have been in the offing for eons now. Still not had enough time to set it up?

The fire went out.

Bell isn’t bad as a back up, saves us having to spend more money or risk a free agent in the summer. I still very much expect us to sign a first team left back. 

Ayala would be class but may be out of our wage budget, anyone know if he played under TM at somepoint?

6 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Bell isn’t bad as a back up, saves us having to spend more money or risk a free agent in the summer. I still very much expect us to sign a first team left back. 

Ayala would be class but may be out of our wage budget, anyone know if he played under TM at somepoint?

Linked with Leeds it's not gunna happen.