Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Cheap(ish) flights booked to Manchester this evening, so im getting to go to the game. 

The optimist in me is convinced this is the game that kick starts our season. Rovers win 3-1 (but i would take any win)

Walton

Bennett 

Cunningham

Williams

Lenihan

Trav

Johnson

Downing

Rothwell

Dack 

Gallacher

 

Fernhurst for pre game pints #TMBWA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Got a bad feeling about this one; utterly appalling to watch, Millwall to snatch it in the 89th minute with their first shot on target, 0-1. 

Mowbray running out of excuses if this does happen. 

I could see this happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Cheap(ish) flights booked to Manchester this evening, so im getting to go to the game. 

The optimist in me is convinced this is the game that kick starts our season. Rovers win 3-1 (but i would take any win)

Walton

Bennett 

Cunningham

Williams

Lenihan

Trav

Johnson

Downing

Rothwell

Dack 

Gallacher

 

Fernhurst for pre game pints #TMBWA

Get yourself up Livesey Branch Road, loads of boozers to go at

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Roverinbelfast said:

 

Fernhurst for pre game pints #TMBWA

Fernhurst is for away fans.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Get yourself up Livesey Branch Road, loads of boozers to go at

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Tosin is fit to start, I'd put him right back. Must not split up the Irish trio .

Captain Bennett is first on the team sheet. So I'd go with

Walton; Tosin, Lenihan, Williams, Cunningham; Bennett, Travis, Johnson, Downing; Dack, Gallagher.

Subs:-  Leut, Rothwell, Nyambe, Graham, Buckley, Armstrong, Evans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Get yourself up Livesey Branch Road, loads of boozers to go at

Thanks for this mate. Im meeting a mate whos travelling up from London for the game. I didnt really fernhurst is away supporters on match days. Any particular bar in LBR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends what time you are starting, if plenty of time you could start at the Lord Raglan or Wellington and saunter down the hill to the rest.

If later perhaps the Brown Cow.

Edited by Mattyblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bazza said:

Fernhurst is for away fans.

This.

No it isn't, its mixed. The Anchor and The Golden Cup are designated away fans pubs. 

3 hours ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Thanks for this mate. Im meeting a mate whos travelling up from London for the game. I didnt really fernhurst is away supporters on match days. Any particular bar in LBR

As above pal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Cheap(ish) flights booked to Manchester this evening, so im getting to go to the game. 

The optimist in me is convinced this is the game that kick starts our season. Rovers win 3-1 (but i would take any win)

Walton

Bennett 

Cunningham

Williams

Lenihan

Trav

Johnson

Downing

Rothwell

Dack 

Gallacher

 

Fernhurst for pre game pints #TMBWA

Were you in the Fernhurst after the Charlton game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very quiet on here for a match day so I just checked a Millwall message board to see what they think. Seems they are, in the main,  confident of at least a draw. Very few predicting a defeat.

I also learned that they were originally called Millwall Rovers when they were formed back in 1885

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Were you in the Fernhurst after the Charlton game?

Yes, for a good few hours before heading back to the train station 

Sorry was Cardiff game not Charlton. Lol

Edited by Roverinbelfast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor

Given the physical nature of Millwall and their (relative)strength from set-plays Id pick the biggest,strongest team weve got..and please start playing more direct football Mowbray.We arent Barca or Real or City so play to our strengths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a lovely day for football. Though I wonder if we'll see any at Ewood Park or will Moobs be too concerned about the possibility of Millwall's marauding 2nd string left back coming on the pitch at some stage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Please no Armstrong today. Lad really isn't good enough. Rothwell has to start!

Good bit part player but doesn't offer enough as a regular starter and a bit like Samuel used to be not nearly enough effort in him at times for which there is no excuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tomphil said:

Good bit part player but doesn't offer enough as a regular starter and a bit like Samuel used to be not nearly enough effort in him at times for which there is no excuse.

Chicken and egg. Players need a run of games.

Armstrong has had a very generous run and has proven he doesn’t offer enough. He should be given a stint on the bench and Rothwell given a few games.

I do wonder about the Graham situation. He obviously wants to be playing football - as demonstrated by his cameo against Stanley on Tuesday. Next minute Mowbray is touting a move for him in the local rag. (Testing the fan reaction? Which has been fairly muted. Most against him going but not threatening to throw their ST on the pitch).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Expecting Buckley to start today after the West Brom performance.

Think you’ll be disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Expecting Buckley to start today after the West Brom performance.

I agree he should but there isn't a snowball in hells chance of it happening in my view. In the same vein Armstrong should be benched but I think he will start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stuart said:

Chicken and egg. Players need a run of games.

Armstrong has had a very generous run and has proven he doesn’t offer enough. He should be given a stint on the bench and Rothwell given a few games.

I do wonder about the Graham situation. He obviously wants to be playing football - as demonstrated by his cameo against Stanley on Tuesday. Next minute Mowbray is touting a move for him in the local rag. (Testing the fan reaction? Which has been fairly muted. Most against him going but not threatening to throw their ST on the pitch).

I think Armstrong is yet another example of a player being unsuited to the way we play when he's plonked up top i feel there's more to be squeezed out of him up front just not that way. Under this manager though he offers more on the left and there is only Graham who actually suits the way we play.

Somethuing will have to change sooner or later though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.