BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

33 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Me too and still convinced I saw a Dingle fall through a hole they made in the roof. I was up in the Nuttall St stand and had a good view of all that happened.

I saw that to.

• Like 1

Couple of dingle related banners from 2000's.

One from M65, one from railway bridge near Ewood (My son had no bottom sheet for a week or so, but it was worth it) 😁

1743636944_IMG_1510new.thumb.jpg.d494c051943789d7a02d7361aeccec47.jpgIMG_1521.jpg.4055834a33b169d2ea7af38e3273d619.jpg

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

On 01/04/2024 at 06:55, AllRoverAsia said:

This just came up on my YouTube. I had not seen it before or, quite probably these days, forgotten.

A chance to see Shearer's and Sutton's first goals for Rovers plus more....

To pre empt any living in 1995 slurs my answer is FO

Watched this a while ago. Was welling up as usual, but this time the tears were flowing. 

If I hadn’t tasted riches, I could live with being poor? Or is it better to have had complete happiness and lost it, than to never had it at all? 

I was telling my 14 year old lad the other day, that it always felt like a dream winning the league, but often I almost wonder if it happened at all. 

It’s disgusting what Venky’s have made us.

I’m starting a gofundme to send @ABBEY over to India. Who’s with me? 😉 

• Like 3

On 04/04/2024 at 20:07, Gav said:

Super Simon Garner

9b2321cc-f95d-498c-a1e5-f17442ee69e9.thumb.jpeg.d349c1308465113e631ac1aaa8a73b7a.jpeg

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/24248757.rovers-legend-simon-garner-back-blackburn/

Simon will be book signing in Blackburn and is guest of honour for the Wednesday game.

• Saturday, April 20, 12pm to 1pm, Roverstore, Ewood Park
  • Saturday, April 20, 2.30pm to 3.30pm, Waterstones, The Mall
  • Sunday, April 21, 4pm to 5pm, Rising Sun, Whalley New Road
Edited by Gav

12 hours ago, den said:

Without doubt, better to have tasted the riches.

For me personally Venkys changed the way I saw Rovers. It shouldn’t have done, but it did. Things they can never do though. They can’t take away those memories of Ronnie Clayton running out of the tunnel with the ball under his arm. They won’t ever take away the memories of the class of Bryan Douglas. Nor can they take away Jack Walker taking on the biggest and best clubs in the country and beating them. That was some team at Man Utd at that time, but for a short time, we were better.

When I get totally pissed off with the turmoils that we are currently going through, I’ll console myself with those memories. Even if the club went to the wall, Venkys and this crew could never take that away.

Cherish the club as you best remember it. 

Wonderfully put 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, den said:

Without doubt, better to have tasted the riches.

For me personally Venkys changed the way I saw Rovers. It shouldn’t have done, but it did. Things they can never do though. They can’t take away those memories of Ronnie Clayton running out of the tunnel with the ball under his arm. They won’t ever take away the memories of the class of Bryan Douglas. Nor can they take away Jack Walker taking on the biggest and best clubs in the country and beating them. That was some team at Man Utd at that time, but for a short time, we were better.

When I get totally pissed off with the turmoils that we are currently going through, I’ll console myself with those memories. Even if the club went to the wall, Venkys and this crew could never take that away.

Cherish the club as you best remember it. 

Yeah, Ronnie running out with the ball under his arm, then he used to boot it high in the air onto our half of the pitch for the usual desultory passing drills.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He also played for Oxford didn’t he? Had some proper battles with us while with them in the mid 80s. 

Malcolm Shotton

He looks like he's just come straight from the picket line at Orgreave.

• Like 3

On 10/04/2024 at 09:29, Gav said:

Couple of dingle related banners from 2000's.

One from M65, one from railway bridge near Ewood (My son had no bottom sheet for a week or so, but it was worth it) 😁

1743636944_IMG_1510new.thumb.jpg.d494c051943789d7a02d7361aeccec47.jpgIMG_1521.jpg.4055834a33b169d2ea7af38e3273d619.jpg

When we ruled the roost eh Gav...sadly seems a long time ago now.Suffered far too many defeats at their Hands.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

When we ruled the roost eh Gav...sadly seems a long time ago now.Suffered far too many defeats at their Hands.

These things come on cycles SG, thankfully we have had far more cycles than the team of 70's.

Get rid of the owners and we rise again. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

On 25/04/2024 at 10:46, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The Grand old Riverside..

image.png.e322b75004287c9325d7433ab9b99e5d.png

I’m guessing that is the home match with Preston on Saturday  October 11th 1958.

Rovers won 4-1. It looks like Dave Whelan 2 stood by the goal post, Bill Eckersley beyond him and Ally MacLeod beyond Eckersley. Harry Leyland in goal, Mick McGrath in centre ground. Bryan Douglas looking on in the distance.

Our scorers were Douglas, Vernon and Whelan 2. I believe Whelan was injured and as was the way when there was no subs back in the day he was moved up front to be a nuisance and he scored twice.

Rovers team  - 

Leyland

Whelan, Eckersley

Clayton, Woods, McGrath

Douglas, Dobing, Johnson, Vernon, MacLeod

Played in front of a crowd of 39,075 ! That explains the packed Riverside.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces