BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

The reason we might not give him a chance is because the manager might not think he is good enough.

I dont know because I haven't seen enough of him the last couple of seasons.

It is a big step from League Two to the Championship.

What I do know is that it is make or break time. Either he is good enough, in which case he contributes here, or not, in which case he needs a move.

But what we don't do is just chuck him in for the sake of it and hope it works out just because he's already on the books and it is cheaper/easier than bringing someone else in or because we are making some sort of point about giving academy lads a chance. Now that would be daft and dangerous.

If you go out on loan to league 2 and stand out in that side, then you certainly deserve a crack at this level next season.  Certainly as a squad player ahead of Williams.

• Like 2

As I think it was @chaddyrovers that pointed out, apologies if not, but a number of Championship teams are after Northamptons captain.

Obviously just because they were both in the same team doesnt mean that they are the same ability but it would be remiss to totally ignore his performances considering how weak we are there, as he has stood out.

I dont think anyone would want him starting the season but he stands out amidst the younger ones, the other 3 of whom have appeared a little lost in their taster of first team football.

Waldemar Anton has joined Stuttgart from Hannover 96. He's been mentioned here last year I think - I've seen him a few times but not the greatest fan. He was the captain of the worst defence Hannover has had since I've been living in Hannover. I still think Ron robert Zieler (ex Man utd and Leicester) will end up at rovers. Hannover have just bought his replacement....

Edited by Hannoverover
  • Like 1

Just now, Hannoverover said:

Waldemar Anton has joined Stuttgart from Hannover 96. He's been mentioned here last year I think - I've seen him a few times but not the greatest fan. He was the captain of the worst defence Hannover has had since I've been living in Hannover. I still think Ron robert Zieler (ex Man utd and Leicester) will end up here. Hannover have just bought his replacement....

Any good?

Just now, Hannoverover said:

Waldemar Anton has joined Stuttgart from Hannover 96. He's been mentioned here last year I think - I've seen him a few times but not the greatest fan. He was the captain of the worst defence Hannover has had since I've been living in Hannover. I still think Ron robert Zieler (ex Man utd and Leicester) will end up here. Hannover have just bought his replacement....

Have you had any indication that he is heading here ?

1 minute ago, Swanson said:

Have you had any indication that he is heading here ?

Nope not yet. If I hear something I will post it. But he can't/won't stay as 2nd choice and he's been to England before.... just putting 2 and 2 together.

He is a very good keeper, especially at championship level. Played for Germany and even won the world cup.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fussball/werder-bremen-patrick-erras-wollte-unbedingt-zu-werder-72144422.bild.html

In German, but says that supposed midfield target Patrick Erras has chosen Werder Bremen over us.

A quick google translate says this :

"The Bremen sports director picked up the phone on Tuesday evening. Erras had prepared for a trip to England and wanted to negotiate with second division Blackburn Rovers. When he found out about the serious interest from Bremen, he immediately set off on Wednesday"

Can't blame him!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jlee1984 said:

If any of these sources are credible then it looks as tho we are in for an interesting few weeks 

Yup, we’re very ‘busy’ in the market! Not sure who we’ll end up with tbh...but it won’t be for the lack of trying!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Grayson did well at Grimsby by all accounts - scored a couple of goals in his half season there. He looked to have a good left foot on the highlights I saw, defo a ball-playing CB. Like a much chunkier and shorter Charlie Mulgrew!

Yeah. He’s decent. Not sure he’s tall enough to make a cb but those diags are sumptuous! 

Wtih the names of Patrick Erras, Linus Wahlqvist and Florian Hartherz popping up, it seems like we are focusing on the german market. 

Last summer we were also looking at Robin Bormuth from Fortuna Dusseldorf, seems a bit strange that we haven't approached him yet as he is a free agent now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

As I think it was @chaddyrovers that pointed out, apologies if not, but a number of Championship teams are after Northamptons captain.

Obviously just because they were both in the same team doesnt mean that they are the same ability but it would be remiss to totally ignore his performances considering how weak we are there, as he has stood out.

On the other hand, it would be remiss to ignore that as far as we know, no Championship teams are after Scott Wharton despite clearly paying close attention to the Northampton defence.

I also question whether playing next to a presumably Championship level defender in League Two may have given Scott an advantage and made things easier for him to impress. Then again, it's not his first time getting good reviews in League Two. And you could ask whether Scott has helped make the other lad look good enough too.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hannoverover said:

Nope not yet. If I hear something I will post it. But he can't/won't stay as 2nd choice and he's been to England before.... just putting 2 and 2 together.

He is a very good keeper, especially at championship level. Played for Germany and even won the world cup.

What about Marc Stendera, he has played for Hannover this season and is now without a club ?

2 minutes ago, Swanson said:

What about Marc Stendera, he has played for Hannover this season and is now without a club ?

He played regularly during the first half of the season when Hannover were just above the relegation zone. 2nd half hannover shot up the table and he didn't play much. Just checked the local news and there's still a chance that he will stay. They were focusing of keeping hold of Hendrik Weydandt first. He's Germany's answer to Vardy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

"and could revisit the European market once again with a French ‘keeper among those to have been tracked at this stage".

Posted about this two or three days ago (and named him) and some dismissed as nonsense / random etc.................!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

You don't know what you are talking about.

That’s the spirit! What a lovely comment. I had someone accuse me of being dismissive earlier this week, I think this puts me firmly into second spot ??

Christian Maghoma
Personal information
Full name Christian Maghoma[1]
Date of birth 8 November 1997 (age 22)[2]
Place of birth Lubumbashi, DR Congo
Height 1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)[2]
Playing position(s) Defender
Club information
Current team
Arka Gdynia
Number 3
Youth career
2014–2015 Tottenham Hotspur
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2015–2018 Tottenham Hotspur 0 (0)
2015–2016  Yeovil Town (loan) 0 (0)
2018– Arka Gdynia 31 (0)
National team
2012 England U16 1 (0)
2017– DR Congo 1 (0)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20:05, 2 February 2020 (UTC)
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 5 June 201

He couldn't get a game for Yeovil, or Spurs for that matter, and then played in Poland,  hardly inspiring. Reminds me of a lad I knew in the Army, strapping big fit lad who was Colin Calderwood's brother, I put him in the unit side after being told he was decent, and coming from Calderwood stock you would expect he was decent, subbed after 15 minutes, total and utter pants.

Edited by blue_n_white99

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

"and could revisit the European market once again with a French ‘keeper among those to have been tracked at this stage".

Posted about this two or three days ago (and named him) and some dismissed as nonsense / random etc.................!!!

Indeed you did but it's probably best to go down the Sherlock Holmes route....

We are after a GK, LB, CHx2, RB, Centre mid x5, Striker, drone flyer and they are on lists A, B & C so let's all get excited ready to be disappointed. However we've tried for loads, no names though until they've signed somewhere else.

Some call it the Nixon system.  Can't say those doing their mates a favour with the PR haven't earned a drink though.

Edited by tomphil

Just now, Mercer said:

"Michel at Auxerre; if correct, think he'd be coming as our number 1"

You did indeed. I hope it hasn't broken any 20 year friendships?

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, blue_n_white99 said:
Christian Maghoma
Personal information
Full name Christian Maghoma[1]
Date of birth 8 November 1997 (age 22)[2]
Place of birth Lubumbashi, DR Congo
Height 1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)[2]
Playing position(s) Defender
Club information
Current team
Arka Gdynia
Number 3
Youth career
2014–2015 Tottenham Hotspur
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2015–2018 Tottenham Hotspur 0 (0)
2015–2016  Yeovil Town (loan) 0 (0)
2018– Arka Gdynia 31 (0)
National team
2012 England U16 1 (0)
2017– DR Congo 1 (0)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20:05, 2 February 2020 (UTC)
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 5 June 201

He couldn't get a game for Yeovil, or Spurs for that matter, and then played in Poland,  hardly inspiring

Samba couldn't get a game for Hertha Berlin's reserves.

• Like 1