BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

Yorkshire Blue/TDI -

Please explain how we missed Ferguson last night? We certainly missed something last night, but it sure as hell wasn't Barry Ferguson. Our midfield has been performing, on the whole, like that WITH Barry Ferguson in it. He has done nothing to suggest he would've been the catalyst for a better performance had he been.

My comment wasnt stating that I thought the midfield played well - my point is that although we were poor, we have been equally poor when he's been there.

We would of had much better distribution of the ball, although I agree it would be a bit much to call him a match winner.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The midfield wasn't our problem last night. Even Tugay at his peak would have struggled to do something last night - as both teams were set out to nullify the other.

Looking on the bright side - yet again we limited the opposition to a limited number of opportunities to score.

What we desperately need is a target man up front who can hold the ball up. This would enable our midfield runners to join in the attack. I feel that our inability to hold the ball up was the main reason that Emerton had a poor match as most of his runs were from too deep.

Hughes has done wonders in improving the performance and resilience of the team - any money from Ferguson would easily cover the purchase of a midfield player of similar ability - and the target man we so desperately need.

I don't beleive Ferguson would have made one bit of difference last night, he needs time on the ball and that is one thing Bolton do not give you. It is the reason he has not lived up to the hype. It is why he looks so good up north of the border, he gets all the time on the ball he needs.

Looking on the bright side - yet again we limited the opposition to a limited number of opportunities to score.

Yep that's a bright side ....what the feck? - we have more shots than the opposition and they still manage to beat us .... again sad.gif

Sorry can't see this bright side DMTP

Here's a revolutionary idea. Why not try Amoruso as a target man?

I have seen him score quite a number of good goals for Rangers when he was occasionally used as a striker and he can also lay the ball off quite well. We all know about his bullet headers and his ability to out-muscle the opposition defenders, so why not give it a try?

I have seen him score quite a number of good goals for Rangers when he was occasionally used as a striker and he can also lay the ball off quite well. We all know about his bullet headers and his ability to out-muscle the opposition defenders, so why not give it a try?

God that really smacks of desperation and the real tragedy is that I do not reject it out of hand.

Glasgow Rangers prominently announced that Barry Ferguson had been granted a transfer request on their web site this morning.

They pulled it off the site very quickly and now there is nothing about Ferguson on there.

Perhaps the piggy bank is bear?

rovers employed that tactic with mike england...rovers greatest central defender...and it was quite effective. ammo is no where near england but it might be worth a try in reserve match and let hughes and co assess.

rovers employed that tactic with mike england...rovers greatest central defender...and it was quite effective. ammo is no where near england but it might be worth a try in reserve match and let hughes and co assess.

Yes I remember that. He frightened the Dingles defence to death with his heading ability but he was a far, far more accomplished player than Amo.

God that really smacks of desperation and the real tragedy is that I do not reject it out of hand.

LOL . Nice one Al smile.gif .....and happy birthday !

Well if they can raise it to 4.5,which actually is 2 million in reality then that means that they can give more.There is money there after all.

No in reality it's still 4.5million. It means that come August of this year Rovers will have £4.5 million more in their bank than they would have if Ferguson were still with us.

Make it £5mill and I'd take it.

Another day comes to an end with no conclusion to the Barry Ferguson saga.

It seems pretty obvious to me that Rovers are merely holding Rangers at bay until the window closes and nothing further can be done. Whether this is wise is up for debate. Do Rovers and their fans really want an unhappy player being paid megabucks for not wanting to play for the club? I think Craig Bellamy could be a target for Sparky, and he does after all have an excellent relationship with him, as he does Robbie Savage. A total deal from Rangers worth £4.5/£5m would see Ferguson leave Ewood I think, although I still cannot see a bid worth £4.5/£5m forthcoming from the Ibrox hierarchy.

At the end of the day, John Williams did say that the coming and going of players rests ultimately with Mark Hughes. I think it's safe to say Hughes will be keeping a watchful eye on events at St James' Park, and could even tell John Williams to sell Ferguson for £4.5m in order to chase the signing of Bellamy.

However, with four days to go till the end of the window, and counting .... I think I'll have to stick with the new BUFFEL 4 home shirt I bought last week! laugh.gif

I feel that, unfortunately from a Rangers standpoint, Ferguson will still be a Rovers player come February 1st lads (and ladies).

Edited by Dado_Prso_9

Who knows what's going on.

The problem I'm sure, is the timing of all this. I reckon most rovers fans would be prepared to see Ferguson leave Ewood in the summer - given of course that Rangers were prepared to offer a reasonable price.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.