BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The FA Cup.Quarter Final Match Reaction

Sorry it's late folks, our man in Hav - er, Ingleton, Alan 75 has gone missing. smile.gif waits for cheers to die down biggrin.gif

It's therefore, all a bit rushed. Anyway, a couple of links for you.

Leicester City official site

Leicester supporters site The Fox

Special page of The FA.com

I know it's been done to death on another thread, but the fans can make all the difference here. If the rovers fans can make a significant contribution, it should ease the way to the semi's. Leicester shouldn't be too big an obstacle, but how often have we said that before?

Over to the discussion.

Edited by den

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leicester supporters site The Fox

Funny how the report there they seem to think they edged it against the dingles- whilst our neighbours down the road thought they did and according to Cotterill on Radio Lancs had enough chances to win 6 games in a row

Rovers to win 2-0 Stead, Thompson.

Team

Steadinho

Pedersen                      Thompson

Savage      Reid

Mokoena

Johansson  Horatio  Todd    Niell

Friedel

Subs: Enckleman, Short, Flitcroft, Emerton, Dickov

After arguably the performance of the season Hughes should resist the temptation to mess with the system. Stead should be given a chance at continuing where he left off, with Dickov coming off the bench. Savage should come in for Flitcroft. Under no circumstances should Emerton come back in.

Pedersen and Thompson will hopefully provide plenty of support so that Stead is not isolated.

Feeling confident, but lets not count our chickens....

I'm really looking forward to this game and it makes it even better that it is on the TV. Rovers have the chance to get to an FA Cup semi-final, which is somewhere that they haven't been for years. Leicester will come into this game full of confidence, after they knocked Charlton out in the last round. If Rovers play like they did on Sunday against Everton, then we should win. However the players shouldn't go into this game thinking about a possible semi-final match. They must concentrate on the game in hand. I'm not sure on what formation we should play. The 4-5-1 worked well on Sunday, in closing down Everton, but I didn't think that it lead to many chances being created. For it to work, you need your wide men to come into the box, to support the striker, which didn't happen enough on Sunday. However, Reid showed that he is willing to get forward given the chance. If he were playing in a 4-4-2 formation, then his ability to get forward maybe reduced. It does on the other hand give you 2 strikers, which is an obvious benefit. Both formations give us a great chance of winning, but the players must be in the right mindset to do so.

3-1 to Rovers, Stead, Pedersen and Reid with our goals.

Anyone using the Everton performance as a reason for optimism should bear in mind the number of times we have played well away from home, and then rubbish at home.

We will need more guile and creativity, rather than just a resolute defence and hard work, when playing Leicester at home.

The players have to treat Leicester with the respect that they undoubtably deserve - after their performance at Charlton.

We desperately need to score early - hopefully Steads goal will lift his confidence. Because he is what we have been sadly lacking this season.

Hello again and welcome back to `Who wants to win the FA Cup?`

The winner of fastest finger first, is...Blackburn Rovers. Come and join me in the hotseat and play-Who Wants To Win The FA CUUUUPPP.

Diddlediddleediddleduuuum.

OK, nervous?-Yes, a little.

Ok, just take your time and relax.

First question, for a third round win, can you beat Cardiff City away?

Hhhhmmm, well, tricky one that, not sure...

You dont have answer, you do still have 3 lifelines left.

Hmm, I`ll go fifty fifty and play MGP, hopefully getting a replay and beating them at Ewood.

Sure?

Positive. Final answer-away draw and beat them back in Blackburn.

THATS THE RIGHT ANSWER!!! YOUR IN THE FOURTH ROUND!

Ok, next round.

Take a look at this one, you don`t have to answer it, just have a look at tell me what you think.

For a fourth round win, can you beat Colchester United?

(already smiling)YES! YES!

You seem pretty confident!

Yes, we can beat them, I`ve seen their keeper and his pants.

Final answer?

Yep, final answer, Rovers win.

Rovers?

Yes?

You`ve just won...the fourth round of the FA cup!

Right, it starts to get a bit serious now, fifth round is a lot of money to lose.

So, take a look at this one, at see what you think-remember you don`t have to play and you still have two lifelines left.

Ok, for a fifth round win , can you beat Burnley,away?

(Puts head in hands)Oh no, I don`y beleive it! I knew this one would come up!

Do you want to play? Don`t forget you still have phone a friend and ask the audience.

(brief pause) I`ll ask the audience.

OK audience, pressures on, vote now on Burnley or Blackburn.

Tick, tock,tick, tock ,tick, tock.....

OK the answers are in and the crowd have responded superbly with a unanimous answer of ROVERS win!!!

I`ll go with that!

Congratulations, you`ve just won a quarter final spot in the fifth round of the FA cup!!!

BUZZZZZZZ!

OH NO thats all we have time for tonight, join us again when we play...

WHO WANTS TO WIN THE FA CUP!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone using the Everton performance as a reason for optimism should bear in mind the number of times we have played well away from home, and then rubbish at home.

We will need more guile and creativity, rather than just a resolute defence and hard work, when playing Leicester at home.

The players have to treat Leicester with the respect that they undoubtably deserve - after their performance at Charlton.

We desperately need to score early - hopefully Steads goal will lift his confidence. Because he is what we have been sadly lacking this season.

even during the everton game, after stead scored, it looked to me like he was beaming with confidence. he was a whole new player after that ball crossed the goal line. hopefully he can continue on that road.

i personally think we need to play a 4-4-2... i think a 4-5-1 is best when we're playing teams with a lot more firepower than we have... against Leicester, i think we'd be best to play a 4-4-2.

either way, i'm very seriously looking forward to this game. i'll be up early on sunday morning in my home shirt, eating breakfast burritos and cheering on my rovers rover.gif i'll even have the game playing on a movie projector we bought from dell biggrin.gif it's as close to actually being there as i'll ever be able to afford.

prediction:

rovers 3-1 leicester

stead to score 2, and dickov to score 1.

Feeling pretty confident about this one, they are struggling in the Fizzy pop championship and if we have both dickov and starting i can feel maybe a 2-0 result to us. cant see them causing too many problems especially as our defence has tightened so much in the last couple of months

Prediction: 2-0

Stead and Nelsen (he's had so many headers from corners, he must score soon)

Attendance: 22,812

Hello again and welcome back to `Who wants to win the FA Cup?`

The winner of fastest finger first, is...Blackburn Rovers. Come and join me in the hotseat and play-Who Wants To Win The FA CUUUUPPP.

OK, nervous?-Yes, a little.

Ok, just take your time and relax.

First question, for a third round win, can you beat Cardiff City away?

Hhhhmmm, well, tricky one that, not sure...

You dont have answer, you do still have 3 lifelines left.

Hmm, I`ll go fifty fifty and play MGP, hopefully getting a replay and beating them at Ewood.

Sure?

Positive. Final answer-away draw and beat them back in Blackburn.

THATS THE RIGHT ANSWER!!! YOUR IN THE FOURTH ROUND!

Ok, next round.

Take a look at this one, you don`t have to answer it, just have a look at tell me what you think.

For a fourth round win, can you beat Colchester United?

(already smiling)YES! YES!

You seem pretty confident!

Yes, we can beat them, I`ve seen their keeper and his pants.

Final answer?

Yep, final answer, Rovers win.

Rovers?

Yes?

You`ve just won...the fourth round of the FA cup!

Right, it starts to get a bit serious now, fifth round is a lot of money to lose.

So, take a look at this one, at see what you think-remember you don`t have to play and you still have two lifelines left.

Ok, for a fifth round win , can you beat Burnley,away?

(Puts head in hands)Oh no, I don`y beleive it! I knew this one would come up!

Do you want to play? Don`t forget you still have phone a friend and ask the audience.

(brief pause) I`ll ask the audience.

OK audience, pressures on, vote now on Burnley or Blackburn.

Tick, tock,tick, tock ,tick, tock.....

OK the answers are in and the crowd have responded superbly with a unanimous answer of ROVERS win!!!

I`ll go with that!

Congratulations, you`ve just won a quarter final spot in the fifth round of the FA cup!!!

BUZZZZZZZ!

OH NO thats all we have time for tonight, join us again when we play...

WHO WANTS TO WIN THE FA CUP!!!!!!!!!!!

blink.gif

Bored, Ozzie?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.