BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool 1-0 Rovers

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference between Chelsea and Liverpool at the end of the day was Drogba. Very few forwards can destroy Hyppia like that. Kuqui certainly won't and I'd stick with Dickov and Bellamy up front if Bellamy is fit with Kuqui to offer something different later.

350917[/snapback]

I'd agree with that Philip, Start with Bellers (if fit) and Dickov, pressure the defence, keep 'em busy and wear them out a bit. Then bring in Kuqi when they are a little leg weary, he can really take advantage of that, much faster than he seems.

Has Crouch scored yet? I shudder to think...

351210[/snapback]

No... he'll get a hat-trick then... sad.gif

The real question is whose foot are we going to break this season?!

351222[/snapback]

Dunno, but won't happen in this game - only happens when we play 'em at Ewood! tongue.gif

Liverpool 3-0 Rovers

Defence – Drop Neill. Play Zurab @ right back, Todd & Nelsen in the middle & mickey gray at left back.

You come out with some crap! Why drop Neil when he's been outstanding this season bar getting sent off, and the defence has looked as solid as ever. Apart from swapping Reid with Savage no one else in the team has done anything to deserve being dropped.

Brad

Neill

Gray

Khizanishvilli

Nelsen

Bently

Savage

Tugay

Pedersen

Dickov

Bellamy/Kuqi

Subs: Mokoena, Emerton, Jansen, Enks

Defence – Drop Neill. Play Zurab @ right back, Todd & Nelsen in the middle & mickey gray at left back.

You come out with some crap! Why drop Neil when he's been outstanding this season bar getting sent off, and the defence has looked as solid as ever. Pedersen

351552[/snapback]

Have you seen any of the games? Neill had one really good game but has been generally poor again this season. On Saturday he made a horrendous error in the first half which led to Brad having to make a brilliant save to prevent us going one down. Agree with Hughesey on that one.

As for the Liverpool game, European champions or not, like United I think they're desperately poor at the moment by the club's standards. Looking at the two line ups, if we had Bellamy fit I would actually expect us to win.

Without him a fairly turgid draw could be on the cards. 0-0 or 1-1.

Have you seen any of the games? Neill had one really good game but has been generally poor again this season. On Saturday he made a horrendous error in the first half which led to Brad having to make a brilliant save to prevent us going one down. Agree with Hughesey on that one.

As for the Liverpool game, European champions or not, like United I think they're desperately poor at the moment by the club's standards. Looking at the two line ups, if we had Bellamy fit I would actually expect us to win.

Without him a fairly turgid draw could be on the cards. 0-0 or 1-1.

351579[/snapback]

Still not over the Curtis thing then eh Rev?

Public service broadcast. I'd just been looking at train times to get me (from Leeds) to Liverpool and wondered why I was being routed through Manchester Victoria. Apols if some folk knew, but it seems that Piccadilly is shut and trains that would have gone anywhere near there are re-routed. Looks like the BRFC bus option might have a few more takers.

Public service broadcast.  I'd just been looking at train times to get me (from Leeds) to Liverpool and wondered why I was being routed through Manchester Victoria.  Apols if some folk knew, but it seems that Piccadilly is shut and trains that would have gone anywhere near there are re-routed.  Looks like the BRFC bus option might have a few more takers.

351588[/snapback]

The train lines from Piccadilly and Victoria join up near Salford so I would expect your train to carry on to Liverpool as normal. Have you checked with Network Rail ?

I don't think making a lot of changes would be a good idea as we are playing well at the moment. I would go for Saturday's team with Savage in for Reid and Kuqi for Belamy.

I may sound like a daft thing to say about the European Cham,pions but I don't rate Liverpool at all. They have nothing up front at all and if we defend well we can easily get at least a draw. That guy Crouch is an absolute donkey, how could anyone pay £7m for Ian Ormandroyd's younger brother. (Watch him score a hatrick now)

We're haing to stay in St Helens as there's no room at the inn in Liverpool. Probably means that their support is made up of glorry hunting Southerners these days if you ask me.

I don't think making a lot of changes would be a good idea as we are playing well at the moment. I would go for Saturday's team with Savage in for Reid and Kuqi for Belamy.

I may sound like a daft thing to say about the European Cham,pions but I don't rate Liverpool at all. They have nothing up front at all and if we defend well we can easily get at least a draw. That guy Crouch is an absolute donkey, how could anyone pay £7m for Ian Ormandroyd's younger brother. (Watch him score a hatrick now)

We're haing to stay in St Helens as there's no room at the inn in Liverpool. Probably means that their support is made up of glorry hunting Southerners these days if you ask me.

351601[/snapback]

McC

Going via Ormskirk (fer spuds wink.gif ).

PM me for a meet up time either in t'city centre or Anfield way near t'Midden.

tinykit.gifcool.gif

You come out with some crap! Why drop Neil when he's been outstanding this season bar getting sent off, and the defence has looked as solid as ever. Apart from swapping Reid with Savage no one else in the team has done anything to deserve being dropped.

Brad

Neill

Gray

Khizanishvilli

Nelsen

Bently

Savage

Tugay

Pedersen

Dickov

Bellamy/Kuqi

Subs: Mokoena, Emerton, Jansen, Enks

351552[/snapback]

Was you at ewood on saturday? Lucas Neill was awful - his distribution has been poor and he looks dodgy. The 1st few games he looked alright but lately hes been crap. Zurab however has looked solid as a rock, as do nelsen & todd, so why not play all 3 at the back. Afterall Zurab is a full back.

Maybe it would be a wake up call to Neill

Was you at ewood on saturday? Lucas Neill was awful - his distribution has been poor and he looks dodgy. The 1st few games he looked alright but lately hes been crap. Zurab however has looked solid as a rock, as do nelsen & todd, so why not play all 3 at the back. Afterall Zurab is a full back.

Maybe it would be a wake up call to Neill

351761[/snapback]

I agree. Lucas Neill seems play at his best when he's not complacent about his place in the team. Maybe Zurab playing at full back would be good for Neill in the long run.

Was you at ewood on saturday? Lucas Neill was awful - his distribution has been poor and he looks dodgy. The 1st few games he looked alright but lately hes been crap.

351761[/snapback]

I was at Ewood, Lucas Neill looked his usual self which is why he has been our first choice right full back since he was signed by Souness four years ago.

It's easy to criticise defenders without explaining why. But let's face it, he's ideal for Liverpool. Their left side will be having their bowels turning to water when the teams are announced.

I was at Ewood, Lucas Neill looked his usual self which is why he has been our first choice right full back since he was signed by Souness four years ago.

It's easy to criticise defenders without explaining why. But let's face it, he's ideal for Liverpool. Their left side will be having their bowels turning to water when the teams are announced.

351853[/snapback]

has a few broken bones on his cv does our lucas against the scousers!!

Oh and it was Marcus B that broke Baros' foot, not Neill, and it was an innocuous challenge wink.gif

350926[/snapback]

I am sure it was the player we had on loan from Liverpool at that time whose name escapes me just now that broke Baros's foot.

I am sure it was the player we had on loan from Liverpool at that time whose name escapes me just now that broke Baros's foot.

351917[/snapback]

It was his ankle that Babbel broke wasn't it? Struggling to remember now. A complete accident, unlike Neill's lunge.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.