BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he had shown the simon garner shirt when he scored then he would have been an absolute legend. Still think he is there or there abouts. Us lads from Great Harwood stick up for our own! :D

Just a bit of trivia here....my dad had the shirt "there's only one simon garner" made for him ready for when he scored against the dingles....unfortunately the rovers board got wind of the story and told him not to do it.

Where else are we going to find a potentially (if he stays fit) top class midfielder 27 years of age, with the ability to step into Tugay's shoes when he retires for as little as 1m?

Wasn't he around 20 years old when potentially Dunn could be one of the best midfielders in England. All through his Rovers career we heard the words potential and David Dunn married together. Dunny goes to Brim and still the word potential is stuck either before his first name or after his last name.

Now at 27 years old we find the word is still attached, like a festering tick. Just when will Mr Dunn lose this word potential.

Don't get me wrong I am not against a Dunny return, in fact I sort of like the idea, heh heh it has potential but it's bloody well past time David Dunn put up or found the right level for himself. I don't think the word potential is going to get him too many paychecks under Sparky.

Meanwhile Bruce indicated that they had received a tentative enquiry regarding David Dunn, but there had not been any "serious offers".

"He is fit now so it might be in our best interests to get a few quid and spend that on somebody else.

"As long as we get the money we want for him it will be amicable, but we've had no serious offers for him."

Bruce also said that if Dunn wasn't sold before the end of January, he would have no problem with considering the midfielder for a return to the team.

"I wouldn't say he's kicked his last ball for the club, but he is available," added the Blues boss.

"If he's doesn't go anywhere in the next three weeks then we may as well keep him.

"We've paid him for the last two and a half years so we may as well pay him for another three or four months!

"And if he gets fit and nobody comes in we've got a two year option."

I think he gives it away a bit that it's from us by using the phrase, "it will be amicable"

Edited by greggyk

Meanwhile Bruce indicated that they had received a tentative enquiry regarding David Dunn, but there had not been any "serious offers".

"He is fit now so it might be in our best interests to get a few quid and spend that on somebody else.

"As long as we get the money we want for him it will be amicable, but we've had no serious offers for him."

Bruce also said that if Dunn wasn't sold before the end of January, he would have no problem with considering the midfielder for a return to the team.

"I wouldn't say he's kicked his last ball for the club, but he is available," added the Blues boss.

"If he's doesn't go anywhere in the next three weeks then we may as well keep him.

"We've paid him for the last two and a half years so we may as well pay him for another three or four months!

"And if he gets fit and nobody comes in we've got a two year option."

I think he gives it away a bit that it's from us by using the phrase, "it will be amicable"

If Bruce was talking about any other Big Club player like this none of us would want him. Dunn's damaged goods, if were after Dunn we might as well try and get Bobby Charlton too, he used to be good.

im not going to answer that.

you have a think about it in:

IN THE LAND WHERE THE RAIDERS SUCK AND AL DAVIS SWALLOWS

:lol::lol: :ph34r:

im thinking ...and read what you say legend because he played for us and is from harwood ....kool

whats with you copying someone else today taking the pish out of the broncos??

i know gary flits but doesnt make him a legend

I suspected at the time talk of this was surfacing (think I posted it somewhere on here) that Brum would not want to play ball with us on Dunny. It seems the silly buggars season is in full swing at the big club. The words coming out of Bruce's mouth seem to translate to me to mean we will sell him to anyone but Blackburn, if we do sell him to Blackburn I want to make them look as stupid as possible forbuying him.

Anyway isn't Dunny already playing for Rovers of sorts, big club's made up of our cast offs

spot on stu .yes he had a few good years at ewood so did andy cole

So did several hundred Rovers players that I have seen but I would not describe all of them as "legends". Mind you quite a few of them were TRUE legends; far more so than Dunn could ever be.

If Bruce was talking about any other Big Club player like this none of us would want him. Dunn's damaged goods, if were after Dunn we might as well try and get Bobby Charlton too, he used to be good.

We might as well try and get Ronnie Clayton fit again while we are at it. He is available and was a better player than Dunn could ever be. We would definitely get him for free and on a pay for play basis! ;):rolleyes:

Edited by Fife Rover

Lay off the 'Arroders'! 'Legends' are like hens teeth in that neck of the woods. Dunny IS without doubt a huge legend ..... but only in snuffy arrod! :P

Great Harwood Great Harwood Great Harwood!!

There was a chant of that at Wigan when Matty scored...Great Harwood Town FC's (R.I.P) greatest player!!

Maybe it's time for Dunny to do a Barry Furguson and say 'I won't play again until I play for Blackburn'. It may focus Bruce's mind.

I wouldn't want that to happen really, big club are paying him and he should play for them if they want him too. Be professional and all that. As much as I rate Savage he did treat Brum poorly in that regard. Wanting Dunn to do that is sort of justfying what Ferguson did to us.

I wouldn't want that to happen really, big club are paying him and he should play for them if they want him too. Be professional and all that. As much as I rate Savage he did treat Brum poorly in that regard. Wanting Dunn to do that is sort of justfying what Ferguson did to us.

Are you going to change your name back, if he re-signs? :)

I'll second that. A done deal is a done deal and anyone with any self esteem and strength of character should always respect that.

Edited by thenodrog

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.